It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is your problem with Canada?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What is this place called Canada? I once heard of a mythical vast cold land... where the people lived in igloos, didnt have an army except for mounties, and their goverment had no say in ANYTHING in the world.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
canada is what u dummies would call FREEDOM if you knew what it was about. Unfortunately you are too f'n stoopid to do anything but blow the a$$holes you worship.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by dexxy]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppp
just a few problems with ceh neh deh:

1 - They say eh

2 - They are wannabe Americans, America is the Britney Spears, canada is the Britney on the street corner.

3 - Canadas ability is defend itsself is similar to that of a polystyrene box in a tornado.

4 - Canada is 1/3 french

5 - As a consequence of pt.4 they all speak French

6 - Canadians live in the snow, but cant ski.

7 - Canada doesnt tow the line when it comes to natioanl sysmbols. America has an Eagle, England has a 3 Lions, and canada has a harmless flower, it doesnt even have spikes!

8 - Canada has plays ice hockey in stadiums, even though there more outside the rink than in it!

9 - Canada has lots of land, and not much on it.

10 - Canadians arent famous for much.

11 - Canada withdrew from Iraq, and yet claims to be an ally of America. The it bitches when its cut from the reconstruction contracts.

12 - Canadians call "Iraq", "Irak", which is the FRENCH spelling!

13 - Can"not"ada is a leech of Americas back!

I'll post to this, to deny ignorance, which this plainly is.

1- I don't say "eh.", eh?
2- I don't want to be American, don't know anybody that does.
3- We can defend ourselvse. The fact that the only threat to us would be the US, I don't think we have to worry about, sorry, aboot it.
4- Wrong.
5- Wrong again.
6- I don't ski, but my kids do, my sister does.
7- The Canadian symbol is the beaver, how cool is that.
8- I just don't get this one. Northern states have similar hockey programs as we do. You can now appologize to people in states like Minnisota.
9- Last time I looked the States had their eye on our minerals, forrestry, water, etc.
10- Look back in the thread for what Canada is famous for.
11- We never withdrew from Iraq, we never went. Went to Afganistan though.
12- This is too inane to address.
13- A leech is something that feeds off of another, if that is the case it would be the other way around, as the US is buying up our companies and resourses.

Hope you find this educational.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Really, not according to this article:
Liberal dominated Senate Oppresses Free Speech

"Today the Senate sounded the final death knell in legislation that will severely limit free speech and freedom of religion and even freedom of the press in Canada," says Brian Rushfeldt, Executive Director, Canada Family Action Coalition (CFAC). "As other democratic nations watch in amazement, Martin's Liberal government and the Liberal controlled Senate have passed Bill C-250, a draconian piece of legislation that will criminalize people who express an opinion contrary to homosexual behaviour, including views based on religion, conscience, morality, and even medical or humanitarian concerns."

Geez, and I thought the US was soooooo bad?!

seekerof

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The gov. is always passing legislation to protect the freedoms of minorities.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Really, not according to this article:
Liberal dominated Senate Oppresses Free Speech

"Today the Senate sounded the final death knell in legislation that will severely limit free speech and freedom of religion and even freedom of the press in Canada," says Brian Rushfeldt, Executive Director, Canada Family Action Coalition (CFAC). "As other democratic nations watch in amazement, Martin's Liberal government and the Liberal controlled Senate have passed Bill C-250, a draconian piece of legislation that will criminalize people who express an opinion contrary to homosexual behaviour, including views based on religion, conscience, morality, and even medical or humanitarian concerns."

holy cow!

let me see if i got this straight...the liberals up there passed a piece of legislation that TIGHTENS freedom of speech among other things???

ummm i thought liberals were SOCIALLY LIBERAL. as in they were FOR free speech, not against it. or are liberals in canada different from liberals in america? i have to ask as i am not overly familar with canada's political parties...

now i have a reason to hate their government...not canada as a whole, just the jackholes who voted yes on that POS legislation.

:shk:

no sir! that simply isnt right!
a tear for the poor canadians...jeez that sucks for them!

makes me want to

time to
them until they learn their lesson.

too many smileys! ruined the size of the page....sorry!

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The liberals up here are always throwing out piece of trash legislation such as this.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The liberals up here are always throwing out piece of trash legislation such as this.

Yeah, god forbid that you fall into the catagories that aren't minority. No legislation for you.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And they say America is losing its FOS, yeesh. Now in Canada some government stooge can tell you what you can and cannot say, because some gay guy might get offended.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My fellow Americans, if we really love America better than Canada, let's do so.

Leave Canada alone. Their overall attitude is "What other's think of me doesn't matter." And I have to say, that's a hell of a lot more respectable.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
And they say America is losing its FOS, yeesh. Now in Canada some government stooge can tell you what you can and cannot say, because some gay guy might get offended.

Yup, welcome to my world.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have nothing against Canada, America imports its best comidians from there

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

C'mon. I can appreciate our comedians but nobody is better than Carlin.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

C'mon. I can appreciate our comedians but nobody is better than Carlin.

Ahhhhhh, maybe your right, It seems anything we import falls apart, or dies.

Carlin's American made, he'll be with us a long, long time.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Canada is trying to stop hate crime. That's a good thing. It's too bad that we are so influenced by events south of the border. If we could build a big wall...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexxy
Canada is trying to stop hate crime. That's a good thing. It's too bad that we are so influenced by events south of the border. If we could build a big wall...

Yeah, but at the expense of the majority? You have to draw a line somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This thread is driving me up the wall. Everytime I see it, I get the Southpark song 'Blame Canada' running through my mind - and its driving me insane !

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
This thread is driving me up the wall. Everytime I see it, I get the Southpark song 'Blame Canada' running through my mind - and its driving me insane !

Im telling you, you cant trust canada. Its clear, just looking at thier beady eyes and flapping heads.

And they bombed the Baldwins!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"And they bombed the Baldwins."

Don't worry about it, they were bombed already.:w:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
How can you not know this?

The place is just crawling with..

I mean the place is just full of...

You know....Canadians....

THERE'S ONE NOW ...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH