It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is your problem with Canada?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by parrhesia
William Shatner is enough justification for Canada's existence. =D

err, parrhesia, i thought it was Tim Horton's??

everything comes second when we're talking William Shatner.
I mean, come on, listen to his "I am Canadian" rant!

=P

hehehehe

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Made In Canada

Henry Woodward invented the electric light bulb in 1874 and sold the patent to Thomas Edison.

Basketball was invented by James Naismith in 1891.

Imax Movie System co-invented in 1968 by Grahame Ferguson, Roman Kroitor and Robert Kerr.

Macintosh Apple invented by John McIntosh in 1796

Television - Reginald A. Fessenden patented a television system in 1927.

Telephone - invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876.

Television Camera - invented by F. C. P. Henroteau in 1934.

Walkie Talkie - invented by Donald L. Hings in 1942.

Wireless Radio - invented by Reginald A. Fessenden in 1900.

The Zipper - invented by Gideon Sundback in 1913.

Apple pie is Canadian
Canadians burned the White House in the war of 1812.
The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
A Canadian invented Superman.

to name a few.

lol parrhesia ... quite true yes

this one is so good i just had to repeat it
ha! love it! This thread will get interesting no doubt.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I like Canadians i dont really hate any race or any nationality well lets say i dont know every1 in the world
so i can say i like every race actually but the people i know i like.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
drunk i love Americans,
just having a bit of fun though with this thread

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Sapphire]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"drunk i love Americans, just having a bit of fun though with this thread "

Good move Saph. There was ignorance with some, bad words for no good reason, and after we all DENIED it, everyones getting along now, havin fun is what it's all aboot.

Where you living in BC?
Personally, I lived in Campbell River for 6 years. Nice town. Waking up to the coastal mountains in the east every day is a beautiful thing.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Where you living in BC?
Personally, I lived in Campbell River for 6 years. Nice town. Waking up to the coastal mountains in the east every day is a beautiful thing.

hi intrepid, Campbell River is a beautiful place to live, solitude tranquility, and yes the view is breath taking. So, where do you now reside? I'm in North Vancouver. It's also a beautiful view of the City across the water.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
From NS but I'm living about an hour outside Toronto.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think its funny sitting back and watch the things be said, who needs TV when you have the mud pit

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Plus they have no right playing Major League baseball. That belongs to the US.

Tell you what, we'll give you our 2 MLB and 1 NBA teams for the Red Wings, Bruins, Rangers and Black Hawks. That'll even things out.

You really want the Blackhawks and the Rangers back? How the Avalanche and the Coyotes? They used to be Candadian and at least they're pretty good teams.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think any American who hates Canada (or any country for that matter) were abused children.

Canada kicks. Canada is like a utopian version of the U.S. Far less crime, better health care, awesome movies, music, and TV, and Canadian girls are absolutely smokin'.

But hey, I like America better, because we've got more stuff here.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
music playing in the background: Demons and Wizards: Blood on my hands

I've noticed that there are some members that have painted a target on Canada. Over half of one persons threads are dissing us, others are saying things like "I don't like what Canada does",etc. Now, I'm not talking about the majority here, but those people who are doing this, whats the freakin problem?

The moment Chretien, became a man, when he stepped up to Bush and told him Canada will take no part in the war with Iraq. Moments like that are priceless. That was the only instant in time that made me proud to be a Canadian.
Paul Martins a piece of (c), that doesn't have the balls to talk to Bush. A recent newspaper ad showed Martin sucking up to the
in the whitehouse, saying he wants to patch up relations with Bush. The Ad scandal that cost Canadian taxpayers billions of dollars makes Martin sink down to Bush's level, which is pretty low. Martin should be proud that he doesn't have any blood on his hands.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by Agent47
My main problem: You boo our national anthem at hockey games. Where would hockey be without every American team?

Does your national pride keep you from answering this question? I thought it was your game.

I am not sure what your point is by saying where would hockey be without every American team?

Do you mean that hockey wouldn't exsist? I can assure you that the Canadians would still watch professional hockey on TV just as much as we do now, probably even more, there simply wouldn't be any American teams. No skin off my nose. Then Winnipeg and Quebec would have there teams back. There wouldn't be ridiculously rich cities like New York driving up the salaries making it impossible for small market teams to survive.

So if your point is that without the American teams that Americans wouldn't give two #s about hockey; I reply "who cares". Most Americans could care less about hockey now as it is, what does it matter if there are no American teams. A sport isn't validated just because Americans watch it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
They also gave us Shania Twain so it evens out. One butt ugly french speaker and one hotty from the cold cold north.
Notice all the Canadians who are stars became stars in the good ole US of A? Canada is like Indiana, anyone born there who can leave, does so.

There are stars here in Canada but you don't know who they are. That is because they are not famous in the US. You can see the dilemma this creates for you. How can an American know if someone is a star, if they aren't famous in the US. Hmmmm....

Most of the Canadian stars who are big down there were also big up here before they made it down there.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Let's not forget about the hot chicks either.

Have you seen Sapphire and Parrhesia. Definitely 2 of the hottest femininas on ATS.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i have a HUGE problem with canada...

it has yet to be recognized as the 51st state of america.

(runs and hides from the angry mob)

KIDDING!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i have a HUGE problem with canada...

it has yet to be recognized as the 51st state of america.

(runs and hides from the angry mob)

This is impossible. The 51st state would be PR. We are the 52nd state.

KIDDING!

ppp

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
just a few problems with ceh neh deh:

1 - They say eh

2 - They are wannabe Americans, America is the Britney Spears, canada is the Britney on the street corner.

3 - Canadas ability is defend itsself is similar to that of a polystyrene box in a tornado.

4 - Canada is 1/3 french

5 - As a consequence of pt.4 they all speak French

6 - Canadians live in the snow, but cant ski.

7 - Canada doesnt tow the line when it comes to natioanl sysmbols. America has an Eagle, England has a 3 Lions, and canada has a harmless flower, it doesnt even have spikes!

8 - Canada has plays ice hockey in stadiums, even though there more outside the rink than in it!

9 - Canada has lots of land, and not much on it.

10 - Canadians arent famous for much.

11 - Canada withdrew from Iraq, and yet claims to be an ally of America. The it bitches when its cut from the reconstruction contracts.

12 - Canadians call "Iraq", "Irak", which is the FRENCH spelling!

13 - Can"not"ada is a leech of Americas back!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Where you living in BC?

hi intrepid, Campbell River is a beautiful place to live, solitude tranquility, and yes the view is breath taking. So, where do you now reside? I'm in North Vancouver. It's also a beautiful view of the City across the water.

Campbell River is named after someone in family my mom says. But I don't know who, i'll find out.... Cool eh.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppp
4 - Canada is 1/3 french

Dude, get your fact straight. I really doubt that statement. In fact, there is only one province who is majoritarly French. Mine.
And all the other provinces hate us because of that.

Edit:

Saphire

Great list !
Canada RULEZ!

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

7 - Canada doesnt tow the line when it comes to natioanl sysmbols. America has an Eagle, England has a 3 Lions, and canada has a harmless flower, it doesnt even have spikes!

ok this one convinced me. i actually hate canada now...because as we all know you cant possibly be a cool country if your flag is JUST a flower...

[/sarcasm]

BTW IT'S A MAPLE LEAF!!!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join