It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is your problem with Canada?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Personally, I liked to put the coins in my mouth and drag them across my fillings. No exquisite pain like the Canadian coin on the fillings. You just can't get that kind of pain from an American coin.... I think, what, the Canadians make theirs out of... tin? Right?

DeltaChaos

You bastard! Making me choke on my quizno sub! lol lol
Haven't had a filling since I was a kid but I remember the electrical pain generated by a big red gum wrapper... the silver side of torment.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
lol there's some issuses in the mud pit today
*mental note: canada and US are not good friends*

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by D
It's no-ones fault that one country gets all the crap. US has Canada, Spain has Portugal, Germany has Poland AND Austria and here in Australia we have the New Zealanders to give hell to. Its just the way it is. All in good fun.

And Finland has Sweden and vice versa.

Btw Lysergic, where is this line from:

"I woke up this morning with a bad hangover, and my penis was missing again, this happens all the time, it's detachable."

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
it's a song King Missile - Detachable Penis, heard it a long time ago, then was dling primus and some how it was named primus, but banshee set me on the right name.

I can still remember the music video, I think... think it had some chick and it was black and white and had censor black bars lol

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster

And Finland has Sweden and vice versa.

England and Germany, but those two have alot of history. Two world wars, one world cup and 5-1 lol
nah only joking, Germany is a great country with lovely people *kisses the German flag*

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ah, yes, Canadian money...

You buy something for $3 C, pay for it with a $5 US bill, and get $7 C in change. Gotta love it.

And Canadian bread...it tastes like ground up tree bark.

But it's not their fault that their growing season is two weeks in August. We love them anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well at least we have real beer.Not that 3%crap.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Something i really like about Canada is the fact that most of the domestic arguements don't end up with someone getting shot. You must admit the gun crime in canada is pretty darn low

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Half-Breed Canuck

Molson Ice! Truly one of my favorites. 5.6% alcohol by volume in America, more in Hawaii.

3%, huh? You must talking about Utah.

DC

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

I have no problem with Canada, I'd feel more comfortable living there than here in the USA. That's why I'm moving to the Yukon in two years, lol.

Now that I think about it, I have one problem with Canada. Ya'll aren't imperialistic. Can't you at least roll over a small Caribbean island in a blaze of hegemonistic glory? I'd be happy to be a colonist. Yukon = burr.

Canada is considering annexing the Turks & Caicos.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Half-Breed Canuck

No fair, you pulled the "America has crappy beer" trump card. You know that we have nothing with which to counter that.
You win.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've noticed that there are some members that have painted a target on Canada. Over half of one persons threads are dissing us, others are saying things like "I don't like what Canada does",etc. Now, I'm not talking about the majority here, but those people who are doing this, whats the freakin problem?

Well I know in Michigan people Looove Canadians.....
So many people end up marrying Canadians because they're just so cool and fun to hang around with...

I've taken notice since i've been on both sides of the fence Canadians by FAR are way more relaxed and easygoing, where your typical American is headstrong and not that loose if your comparing apples.....

Americans are kind of easy going but it's just not the same.

But to answer your question, I think it's because the Canadian government has taken a stand that the American government doesn't like so some American citizens are bitching about it and thus being immature and putting down Canadian citizens because of what the government does.........

What the Canadian government does doesn't reflect all Canadian citizens thoughts and feelings......Just like your government!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
1. canadians dont like us, and are hideously vocal about it.
2. Canada offered Saddam Hussein assylum, were he to ask for it. Some neighbors.
3. Canada let the Russiand use thier airspace to spy on us during the cold war. Some neighbors.
4. Canadians bitch about everything America does. Even the stuff that really isnt that unusual or odd, or extremely wicked, no matter what we do, they bitch and moan, only 1/4 of the time does the bitching and moaning have good sound reason buried in it, the rest is just babble.
5. Canadians habor alot of terrorists giving free and open assylum to all manner of scumbags

1- I don't think so. Maybe you are only concentrating on the negative.
2- You can't be serious. I would need to see some proof on that one.
3-See 2.
4-I think you have another misconception. The Iraq war, yes, everything, please. And don't confuse us for the morons in Ottawa.
5-I gotta give you that one.

Actually when I was at a bar one night (when I was engaged to an American) we were all talking about Americans, and so many people were bitching about how they are arrogant, rude, AND always gotta make fun of 'Cdns' when they know NOTHING about us, especially in the south, with the stupidity of thinking 20 degrees is FREEZING, so we must all live in igloo's, and the only thing we know how to do is play hockey...... Which is arrogant and stupid to think that..... So basically, people were bashing them, and I had to do my part, since they aren't too educated either about American gen pop, I had to stick up for them..... See, I can play both sides of the fence because I got the best of both worlds, both parties are guilty of arrogance, stupidity, and rudeness, but when you actually become intimate with the other nationality you develop a true love and deeper understanding, and learn that WE AREN'T THAT DIFFERENT FROM EACHOTHER, SO SHUT THE F UP!

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
_____

Is there a translator in the house?

_____

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Watch the movie "Canadian Bacon", I think that will solve everything

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
canada:
:w:

america::bash:

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by billybob]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
hahah, canadian bacon was a hilarious movie. never fails to crack me up!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Human nature always seems to bring the ugliness out in all of us when it comes to others not being a) the same nationality or b) the same race, skin color ect...

I was watching walking w/ cavemen last night and those guys were the same when it comes to being clanish...

I think cdn's and amer's are just being clanish, they really don't have anything different or unique.
One would like to think so to feel special or better then the other, but there are no differences.

Neither country is perfect, we share alot of the same grievences, we're all human living in difference countries, and if there were no invisible borders, it would just go to show we aren't different at all...

It's just government making an asz out of themselves is all we're bitching about, and they don't speak for common man, they speak for corporate buddies, both cdn and amers. :shk: Filthy governmental bastards.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Canada gave us Celine Dion....BUT VENGENCE WILL BE MINE!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah yeah, Celine Dion, ain't she a prize?
She was so special we felt we had to get her off our hands, and give her to you.

I can't believe anybody could like her, she's so damn annoying... Wait I know, the gay dudes, and the soccer moms... And the wimpy girls who sing in their rooms to themselves when their having boy problems, thats who.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join