It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US accused of provocation by Pyongyang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

North Korea accused the US military of making provocative moves along the border, warning yesterday of "unpredictable military conflicts". The rare threat came as North Korea was apparently gearing up to test-fire a long-range missile believed to be capable of reaching the US mainland. Pyongyang has also stepped up the rhetoric over Seoul's tough stance toward its communist neighbour.

North Korea's military said US troops last month advanced as close as 100ft to the border and took pictures of a North Korean military post.

The US provocations "at a time when the North-South relations are inching close to the brink of a war, may touch off unpredictable military conflicts", the North's military said in a message sent to the South, according to the North's official Korean Central News Agency.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
A skirmish in Korea would help the US economy as well as the Chinese economy.

It would give hundreds of thousands of out of work men and women a job to do for Uncle Sam.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
A skirmish in Korea would be a waste of money.
The NK's are hopeless and not even worth a thought.
Let Japan deal with it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
war is money. we need money. so instead of just printing it as usual, we can go to war. does no korea have any oil? that would make it perfect!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't understand the logic in starting another war to get the economy going again. Someone has to pay for that also. It's cheaper these days to just cause a few earthquakes and similar type weaponry. I can just see the news; banks won't lend money to businesses that build these weapons unless they're paid in gold or similar.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
A skirmish in Korea would help the US economy as well as the Chinese economy.

It would give hundreds of thousands of out of work men and women a job to do for Uncle Sam.
I like someone to tell me how a war "makes money ". or jobs , that is a myth.All the wepons , men , planes , whatever are already in place. There will be no factories turning out arms , or provisions. Wars COST money ,

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I was speaking tongue in cheek mate.

Sorry for the miscommunication. Although reading "War is a Racket" might give one an idea of how war makes some people lots of money.

www.warisaracket.org...

Dedication

Major General Smedley Darlington Butler, USMC

1881 - 1940

double recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor

"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service

new topics

top topics

join