It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chaves sends army to rice plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i wonder if this is the shape of things to come in other countries with the ever rising food prices?

scary stuff if you ask me. where next?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, whoever is the dumb American who owns one of those plants, gets no pity from me. They know how Chavez is. Should have been here in the US. Giving Americans jobs.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Apparently, it is a response by the Government to the companies refusal to lower rice prices, despite Government requests to do so. Rice is a staple food in Venezuela.

Chavez has said he will nationalise any industry that places profit over the needs of the people. To his credit, he doesn't just seize them, he pays off the owners with State Bonds, so they get something in return.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
seems like a decent enough guy if you ask me. if only some other countries were doing the same thing!!

the prices of food are crazy these days.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nice find grantbeed!

This sounds like the work of a sensible and balenced leader, who actually cares about the long term welfare of his people.

It's a shame that the western nations who continually bag out Chaves, don't have the guts to even suggest such a win-win program.

Peace!

Tim

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
this will make the American government hate him even more. reckon this is slightly agains NWO planning!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is just Chavez not knowing what the heck he is doing.

Price Controls

Chavez, a former Army officer, has imposed controls on staples such as rice, pasta, cooking oil and milk in a bid to control inflation fueled by government spending on social programs for the poor. Consumer prices rose 32 percent last year, the most among 78 economies tracked by Bloomberg. Food prices jumped 47 percent.

www.bloomberg.com...

I really don't think greed is the reason prices have risen. Every since the price of oil has dropped, Chavez has had a hard time subsidizing the poor.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
i wonder if this is the shape of things to come in other countries with the ever rising food prices?

scary stuff if you ask me. where next?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hi just wanted to say I asked the staff to close my thread

hula

new topics

top topics

join