It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Strange Stuff Falling in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My girlfriend just got a call from her grandfather in Corsicana Texas saying that a meteor the size of a truck landed in a field in his town. He is saying that the official word going around there is that it is not from the satellite collision. What is going on in Texas? Still can't find any official news on the incident, anyone know anything else?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Keep on top of this.
If I find something first I'll post it here. Good job

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Winsor I see that a fireball was seen from Mifflin, Texas on the 27th on the AMS Fireball Sighting Log of 2009.

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok looks like there were pieces of a meteor recovered in a nearby town last week.
www.corsicanadailysun.com...

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Winsor]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I might have to go and look it up or work it out but what with the rotation of the earth would a stream of non-orbital objects have an approach angle which means it always hits the same area, i.e. texas? I can't see how, they should be as likely to hit anywhere arounf the globe, if a stream maybe comets tail, gravity of nibiru sucking them from the astroid belt etc were to hit the earth they would hit everywhere that lines up with texas if not randomly all over the surface -has this happened? i haven't heard of it.

So to be hitting far higher than chance average rate over america and not europe can we assume that whatever fell was orbiting earth? would that even work? geostationary orbit?

maybe god hates texas? seems the most likely reason
or blind chance.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Hi Winsor,

It's normal in cases like this to hear reports of a meteorite "landing in the next field", but bright meteors can easily appear to be allot lower and closer than they actually are.

Anything "truck-sized" from space landing in a field is going to cause *allot* of commotion (eg the daylight fireball a couple of weeks back that made "houses shake"), so you'll forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of the report, based on the above, at least till we have another source that confirms this report. You'd expect something like that to be all over the media pretty fast, and lot's of people contacting the media to report booms etc.

I know that there are 'all-sky' cameras operating in the area, so there's a good chance that any meteors would have been recorded. Everything is quiet so far though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Be assured that whatever the official word is -
is likely the opposite of what is really happening.

The official word - is only the word that they manufacture
to control the response of the public - nothing more.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Well, there are meteoroids entering our atmosphere all the time, and all over the world. The North American continent is not the only part of the world that "gets hit", although the meteor recording networks and meteor observers are probably more numerous there than almost anywhere else in the world, which is just one of the reasons that lots of reports seem to come from there.

The other, is that you don't usually get to hear of big fireballs elsewhere in the world, and many go completely unseen as it is.

It's doubtful that any meteoroid/asteroid streams could only "target" one entire continent. These things, especially when it comes to the larger sized ones are random for the most part, in where/when they 'hit'.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i know the theory, however europe #actually# has rather a lot of sky observation going on as does the middle east (heh, they INVENTED observing the sky) so you can't say only americans are looking up, also as a european i pay more attention to the sky over europe when its in the european news (i even watch programs about the sky at night) but we haven't has a massive spike in visible objects crashing into the ground -the US has, hence the question.

however after detailed scientific research (lol) i can now clearly say that -god hates texas- it the only possible reason for this -a geosync orbit would not be maintainable for an object which crashes into the ground due to divergent vectors and a stream from the asteroid belt would spread out around the earth, unless being fired in 1 day intervals which would be very unlikely in a random system, no known event could cause this.

so god hates texas.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I did not say "only americans are looking up" as you'll see if you read my words again.

I also live in Europe, and am well aware of the amount of observation that goes on here. I am an amateur astronomer myself (have been for about 10 years now), and I specialize in observing meteors.

Could you link me to evidence of this "massive spike" in objects hitting the ground in the US recently? I have only heard of one confirmed report so far this year!

I'd suggest you read through previous threads were big meteors here on ATS were being discussed, as this same misconception crops up every time, and has been explained and debunked before. Here are a couple to get you started:

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada
Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

top topics

join