It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OUCH!!! I boiled my finger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So I won't get too graphic or detailed.. Sufficed to say, at the fault of my own clumsy ways and a poorly made pot, I dropped boiling water on my finger. Thank God it was only my finger. It stayed on for a while, because I didn't want to drop it and cause more damage on the way to the sink.

Long story short. I literally cooked my own finger. Only one small part (bout 1x1").. But it seems like it isn't getting a lot better. Is there a quick way to heal a 3rd degree burn? I know they're not like cuts, that has become obvious to me. It doesn't bleed... It ugghh.. It leaks water kind of. Keeping it dry REALLY doesn't work.. So I wrap in in a small cold wrap and tape it over for work. It may help the injury itself but it messes up the skin around it.

Anyway, I won't post pictures.. You don't want to see them anyway...

What do ya think?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Go to the doctor NOW. 3rd degree burns are not to be trifled with. You can have serious damage to your finger and nerve tissue!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Get it in cold water, or keep it on ice it may hurt for a good few hours,
If you feel its to bad then you are best to go get it looked at,

Other than that .. have a pain killer,

DO not cover it,

DO not put butter or creams over it,

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You are worried about water burning your finger? Dont worry it will heal soon.

And for the record, we have a electric water heater from which we use a mug to take water to pour into a bucket for bathing and to check if the water is hot, i always insert my entire finger into the water, and I didnt get burned even once.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hmm, never thought it would be bad enough to be "looked at," but it is pretty horrifying. Looked like cooked chicken underneath the skin that has been lost, making me think I lost most of the skin over the area. But that was in the first day.

However, I don't think I've had much problem with feeling or movement. It really doesn't hurt much though, so maybe sensation is a problem. Today it made some improvements. I will let it go another day to see how it goes and if anything looks suspect, I'll go to the docs.

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate you lookin' out!_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Oh Santa...sorry for your finger, bring it to me, and I will heal it! LOL!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well firs things first...you sure it is third degree?

If it is a first degree I would say cool water...not cold...run it over for a bit and you should be fine

If it is second and a blister is present then protect the blister and do not pop it under any circumstance. If it does eventually pop get an antibiotic for it ASAP

If it is third, you need (and I gotta really stress the word need) to see someone. True third degree burns do not just simply heal. Full thickness burns have destroyed the nerves and fascia and it is imperative that you seek help.

Do not put ice or anything starkly cold on it as it can cause further damage due to the rapid thermal loss of the affected area.

I would happily take a look at a pic if you U2U it to me...that is the quickest way to see what type and how severe it is

don't get me wrong I don't doubt your burn one bit...and trust me you won't come close to grossing me out with it

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join