It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens after death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i had an conversation with my friends about this, i argued that something must happen and that it cannot just be blank, i compared it to when you sleep, (and dont dream) it is black then you wake up, well what if death is like that its black but you still wake up, in a new place still urself will you own knowlage, that way the more you die the more intelligent the place were you are is. this could explain a certain few, such as instien (spelling) he was very smart could it be possible that he died and was re-born (not exacly the word i was looking for) but in the wrong place.

Just wondered wht everyone else thinks, we will all probbly find out soon enougth anyway but in the mean time lets ponder

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Your entire thought process is your mind. If your mind stops working (death) you can't do anything. You can't think. You as a person are gone, there is no y ou. You body still excist but it isn't doing anything. THat is why i am not afraid of death.

People say to me, " When you die you will miss out on stuff." I respond i won't miss a thing.

Someone who has never eaten pizza can't miss it. They can't long for the taste of something they have never tasted. When you are dead and your mind stops functioning, it is as if you have forgotten everything. Therefore you won't miss it or want it. You can't even think to miss it.

You are in a state of non- existence which the human mind cannot fathom. Try to think about not existing. You probably see black and it is silent. However when you are in a state of nothing there is no seeing, hearing, thinking, or anything. Yes, that means you can't see blackness and you can't even hear silence.

So don't worry about death. Because when you die you aren't missing anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
sorry been there done that, don't feel like going tru it again.
do a search if you "really, really" want to know what I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Worldwatcher. That last one wore me out. I dont want to go thru it again either

--Kris

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks! I thought that I was going loopy as when I went looking for the other thread, I could not find it.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Lights out sounds like qra is describing. We go back to the nothing we came from, ashes to ashes dust to dust.

why worry about what happens, everyone will face it when there time is up.

I had a dream where I died and felt I almost got to nothingness. Then i woke up.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
*Jumping in feet first*
The obvious answer is that no one alive really knows. How could they? Your only possible answer would come from a source of knowldege outside of humanity. *cough cough The Bible cough*

Any one here that has died and come back please speak up. Otherwise it's all opinion.

Maybe you'll see something like this(IMO)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lizado
i had an conversation with my friends about this, i argued that something must happen and that it cannot just be blank,

It cannot be because you can't comprehend or understand it. That is why religion was invented, most people would go insane thinking about this stuff. "Mans greatest curse is being intelligent enough to be aware of his own mortality".

Seriously though I'm not being funny with you but there are loads of threads on this subject matter already. Use the search function, you should find what you're looking for there.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If I knew, I would either have already killed myself, or I wouldn't be wasting my life on the computer.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
it all goes back to the Soul question an the body being some sort of bio-mechcanical suit, an when you die you simple are released from the suit.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I believe in life after death, but I don't know what it is.

I never really thought of it until a few years ago when I was ill and passed out. Everything went black and when I came to I couldn't remember anything about the time I was out. At first I thought that was what happened at death, but now I've read a lot more and am convinced that there is some kind of afterlife.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qraz A.K.A. MIlfort
Your entire thought process is your mind. If your mind stops working (death) you can't do anything. You can't think. You as a person are gone, there is no y ou. You body still excist but it isn't doing anything. THat is why i am not afraid of death.

So don't worry about death. Because when you die you aren't missing anything.

Nope nope nope...
This is obviously based on the outdated worldview that matter is primary and that consciousness is a product of matter. This has been shown to be wrong due to the latest scientific thoeries, experiments and studies. In 1982 Alain Aspect showed in an experiment that there must be a reality beyond matter and time and space, and quantum physics has been showing for almost 100 years that the materialist worldview that matter is primary and that nothing happens when you die is outdated and proven wrong.

See my thread about this subject here:

The latest scientific (quantum physics) theories do support the survival of consciousness after death as you can see in the following links.

www.cfpf.org.uk...
www.cfpf.org.uk...
www.cfpf.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Greetings Lizado,

Well, since I have only recently come out of my "lurk-dom" and haven't seen the previous threads mentioned on the subject, I will express my feelings on the subject here.

We are not simply "mind", we are spirit as well, and after all the reading I have done on the subject (a fair amount I assure everyone) I have come to the conclusion and my total intuition assures me that "we" continue on after death. That's right, "we" do not die because what "we" are is our spirit that resides in this body and that spirit does NOT die. All our body is, is a host. That's it.

Otherwise...

How would people recognize others instantly in their present lives (from past lives)?

And they do. It's been well-documented.

I don't mean to debate, or even to argue, but I gotta tell you that I have read just THE best book on the subject. Two actually.

Journey of Souls by Michael Newton and his sequel Destiny of Souls

GREAT books.

You see a lot of books about past life hyposis and these are good as far as they go, but how often do you see a book where the authors main focus is on the inbetween-lives state ? IE. the time between lives where you reside in the spirit world.

I read these books and for the first time in my life I am not afraid of death any longer. I just can't promote them enough.

new topics

top topics

join