It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

What spin? this is clearly delineated in the Terms and Conditions that you, me and every other member agreed upon.

Pretty straight foreward IMHO

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You guys are really thick with your rules and all.

Such hypocrytes.

You don't seem to get that this goes totally against the spirit of ATS, whatever that means.

The only reason ATS is afraid of these topics because it may harm there revenue.

Forget it then, this censorship dog must be barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SASAlbertino
The only freaking conspiracy on here worth thinking about is the fact governments will be monitoring it to see if anything with any credibility gets leaked on one of the largest alternative forums on the planet, ive seen it many times, stuff gets put on here and one month later its in the newspaper.

Some people will only argue for the sake of arguing, period. Because they like it or they may not even know they are doing it. It's just their makeup.

Its called an opinion mate. If eveyone agreed, well, i wouldnt be writing this, lol.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by SASAlbertino]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by SASAlbertino]

Indeed sir! I should have been a bit clearer.

Just because I say to the Judge, "well, that my opinion", doesn't make it the right or the law which was voted in by the people. He's going to go with what the rules state and your opinion will be noted. You can argue till your blue in the face, it's not going to change the rules. ( if that makes any sense)

But, I still have my opinion and have the right to state it, so far.

And there are some people that REFUSE to just let their opinion go, after a time, they HAVE to make sure they get it through. They want to be heard.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So when it was coined, it didn't mean that you should consider each and every topic, despite it's political or cultural controversy?

It did, I'm sure, until those that frequented those topics allowed the conversation to degrade into a place ATS could not allow and maintain the integrity for which it stands.

We must be living in different dimensions.

At least.

Were it not that the rules forbid a part of the truth being spoken.

"Ahhh, were it not for Murder being illegal, the charge against me would be invalid!"...or something like that?

Keep diggin.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
You guys are really thick with your rules and all.

Such hypocrytes.

Hey, I'm not the one that wants to break my word.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Sigh, the spin is they call it the rules, and following the rules, while it is censorship by definition.

Seems really hard to grasp for some.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I thought that was a very honest and interesting read myself.
Made me think about things a little differently.

Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Towards the back end of last year ATS found itself in a particularly unique position. Whilst the Presidential campaigns were running we found out that we were being visited extensively by the RNC and DNC's hosting servers...

Can some at ATS explain technically (ip addressing, domains, etc) what you are stating here as proof or assumption of 'being visited by the hosting servers'. It seems unclear as to what is being claimed. 'visited by hosting servers' in itself sound a bit strange.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

"Ahhh, were it not for Murder being illegal, the charge against me would be invalid!"...or something like that? Keep diggin.

Great tactic to extremify my views.

Murder is what it is. Trying to speak about a certain subject is not equal to murder.

Hey, I'm not the one that wants to break my word.

Again, implying that Im advocating breaking the rules, or that I'm breaking the rules, while I'm merely critiscizing.

You must've learned a lot of these ATS attackers cause you sure follow the same tactics.

Demonizing and such.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A couple of questions to the mod/mods then:

Is there any evidence or proof that a conspiracy has been in motion against this board? Any IP numbers tracked? Similar or matching Service providers, proxy connections, geographic locations? Or are you looking at trends exclusively? (Aside, that is, from the mentioned political hucksters.) Or is this all just food for thought?

I used to encounter troublesome, and sometimes just plain weird, posters on Sports boards I have ran and managed. And it was relatively easy to determine at least locations, providers and such. In other words, it should be obvious if there is in fact a conspiracy against this board. Your opening post is phrased in the form of a question and thats a bit confusing given that the admin/mods are in a postition to know pretty much conclusively.

If Im mistaken as to how exactly this board monitors such, please correct me. Thanks.

Edited to apolgize as Roadgravel above posted a similar question that I missed *.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You seem to be doing quite a bit of "spin" your self.

*knock* *knock* Bill O'Riley you in there?

Once again, you agreed to the terms and condtions when you signed up.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you had a right to talk about such things in the first place, and it was removed, that would be censorship.

Lol, lol, lol.

And wow.

If we had the right to talk about these things in the first place, then it wouldn't be censorship.

Your view is so twisted, it's unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Yes, I think it also states that I can post my opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In that I do not read all the post, and do not concentrate my time on this one site, I really can not say one way or another. It would certainly not surprise me though, as I have seen infiltrators on many sites. I think its more of the "norm" on sites such as ATS.

The reason I like ATS is the wide open subjects, though I agree with the post (today's post) that we need to concentrate more on stopping the NWO, I certainly do not want the other post to stop, however.

ATS has become one of my most favorite sites, it is the first site I go to in the AM when I turn my computer on. I am hoping most of the members do not buy into the provocateurs or infiltrators post, simply ignore them and move on!

Thanks for bringing this subject up, I think its important to bring it up, and I firmly believe most of the members can distinguish the "real" or "sincere" post versus the infiltrators post!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

This post gives you the basic gist of it.

Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by FredT

On all but a few topics eh? It also says you cannot use profanity. Cant flame etc. This is for all extents a "gated community" Much like the home variety when you buy a home there there can be rules you have to follow. You agree to do so when you sign your papers. This is no differnt IMHO.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Omg, the Kernel saw something like this this afternoon at the coffee shop.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Your view is so twisted, it's unbelievable.

No. Its not.

And at this point, I have to say that I now believe you are being deliberately obtuse, solely for the sake of it, just because you can be.

If the concepts and the information provided to you aren't enough, then I really have nothing more to discuss with you on the subject. You obviously do not care about the forum, or its continued existence, or the fact that the membership is apparently being manipulated by external forces, and wish to serve your own needs.

I'm not here to stroke your ego. I'm here to discuss an issue with like minded people who actually respect the forum they post on, not ignore its basic tenets just because they can.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I'm sorry, but to me your post seems like debate moulding. You're taking a few choice examples and framing them as a conspiracy against ATS, when in reality it is ATS, scared of the atention those subjects would cause, that is trying to hide them away.

Specifically the two very hot topics are Zionism (in as much as this conspiracy theory would branch out into revisionist history of the holocaust, Isreal and possibly even organised religion) and drugs (in as much that it would branch out into drug advocacy because of the alleged spiritual enlightenment and natural connection attained by the use of psychadelics).

I won't comment on the two topics, I'm mearly listing them as the elephants in the room ATS apparently dosen't want to deal with. And a mountain of rhetoric won't change the fact that you guys are scared stiff of the implications of dealing with these topics, as they are very close to the source of all conspiracy and indeed political and economic power. It's where things start getting "unconfortable".

Unless I'm just being paranoid of course, after all, this is ATS.

Your call ATS, either you let the debate evolve naturally or you attempt to shape them to avoid facing your own fears. So, deny ignorance?

Edit: All my posts are my personal opinion, no organised anything here, just somebody who knows that things are not as they seem and who would like to see them as they are. Take it for what it's worth, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, unlike the ATS policy, which is to force people to avoid certain subjects. You are in no way victims here, at least not of the membership.

Cheers.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Zepherian]

Star, star star

Bravo! It's always easy to tell when one has touched on the truth so delicately being hidden between the lines.

Let me add chemtrails and freemasons to the drug issue.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Wich means I can post my feelings about this restriction without people constantly pointing out that I signed an agreement.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join