It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against ATS?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

thanks for that info i'm from europe so unaware of the way that the us government/political circus works. once again many thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeh, people on ATS needs to provide MORE EVIDENCE and LESS OPINIONS.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
interesting read, and for the most part i agree with you

however i will put my views out in the open

i fully believe here in the United States we need a new policy on drugs, the drug war is losing and has been lost at a great cost to americans

ats is a conspiracy site, where we come to discuss things that we see wrong in our world, and that the main stream media does not discuss nor allows us to discuss

now here on ats, recently anything that mentions a drug is deleted removed or whatever

that i feel is wrong

i understand ats doesnt want us talking about drug use and thats fine, even talking about personal drug history is understandable that ats does not allow it

what doesnt make sense is that we are not able to debate or discuss the drug war at all

any time anything having to do with a illegal substance comes up, the calvary ride in and shut it down

to me, thats caused me to lose a lot of respect for ats

it has shown censorship, makes you wonder what else is being censored, or how real this site may be

in speaking of drug reform, that does not necessarily advocate drugs, but says we need to go about dealing with them in a different way, the fact ats does not allow that to be discussed, makes ats look really bad

makes them look like the mainstream media in my eyes by suppressing the situation to the extent that they are

the thing is, this post alone will probably be edited, removed, or something, yet i have specifically said i dont advocate drugs, nor have i discussed personal use

however this is like many other posts i have seen here, that make a clear, good statement that is non threatening nor a violation of t and c, and it will not shock me if it ends up just like all the other posts like this

the answer given for when posts like this are taken down is that, "this isnt the place for this discussion, wrong thread, go to the thread about complaints about policies or suggestions for the site" or whatever

this policy reminds me exactly of the drug war

this site has a lot more things that should be edited and watched over, some threads are hijacked by fools and children with petty arguments who post the same thing post after post, but instead of having mods pay attention to things like that, and others that would improve the site, they must waste their time doing the work of the D.E.A. and other agencies

just like the feds, wasting money pursuing and prosecuting grannies with marijuana leaving them without the time or resources to find the ponzi schemes and other crap thats bleeding this country dry

conspiracy or not, ats has lost some respect in my book

i will always have respect for ats as it has taught me more then words can express, but i am truly disappointed with its tactics that are more and more obvious recently

i really hope ats turns around, as ever since the big lead up to the election, ats has changed, and it doesnt seem its for the better

even far out there conspiracies arent the quality they used to be

there used to be some really creative, well read, and researched individuals with remarkable posts day after day, now those threads are fewer and farther between

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
REPLY TO NEFORMORE

The message - disturbing as it was to me - isn't the issue in this case. Its what happened when the people were called on it, at first by members, and then by staff - the complaint and protestation from the "cluster" was that ATS was at fault, that the rules were too restrictive. The people had deliberately positioned themselves in place to break the T&C, did it, then tried to make out that it was ATS's fault.

The people were called on what exactly?

Having an unpopular view?

If that's so, then ATS was indeed at fault.

The message wasn't an issue you said, then why were they being called on it?

When the Israeli incursion into Gaza happened recently, we saw a massive resurgence in hate speech. And by that I mean real hate speech, so much so that, once again, ATS had to step in and draw the line.

So what did the hate speech consist of?

Is strong anti zionist speech considered hate speech?

This whole thread is based on random generalizations and anekdotes of groups of people with a certain opinion.

Basically, it's just trash.

Hope you have time to respond, you were quicker in attacking my character.

[edit on 1/3/09 by enigmania]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by enigmania

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, you are now officially talking to yourself.

I say officially because you were doing it anyway before you actually and literally started responding to your own posts.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Ok.. but what about this though. A secret Government agency set up ATS to help track radicals. Every time we post here our IP address and all the information that goes with it is kept in a database. Now we're all on the red list ...everyone of us. when the SHTF we'll all be the first to get two bullets in the head. You can't just quit the site either because you're already known to "them". It's the simplest and most effective form of counter insurgency. "They've" already won. How many of us are on this site? 500K?..just enough to fill up the fema coffins in georgia if you count our families and the references we've provided them from other websites? don't you see.

This was just a random thought I had this morning and this thread seemed like the perfect place to post it. I don't really believe it..Or do I?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by amazing]

If you're that worried, run your browser through an anonymous proxy server.
You'll never need to worry about it again.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

maybe I do? Most don't though. still a nice chunk of the skeptical populace is known and ready for termination.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for droppin in after 23 pages and dropping that gem.

Truly marvelous.

It was in addition to my own post wiseguy.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Actually, you must have missed my first contribution www.abovetopsecret.com... which pointed one towards the evidence to back up the OP.

Although I must admit it is rather a strange sight for you to find a member that doesn't require fifty posts to make their point.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, just thanks for dropping that gem then.

Although I must admit it is rather a strange sight for you to find a member that doesn't require fifty posts to make their point.

It's also strange to see a crowd that after 50 posts still can't see the real issue at hand here.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I don't see issues as black and white only. There are many shades of gray as we all have a perspective. Some times we get lost in the moment and not express our self nor our ideas as well as we can.

I will ask you to please refer back to one of my previous posts to see if I perhaps see your side, or at least have distilled the gist of of what you mean.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

As was just stated...

You can't just quit the site either because you're already known to "them". It's the simplest and most effective form of counter insurgency. "They've" already won. How many of us are on this site? 500K?..just enough to fill up the fema coffins in georgia if you count our families and the references we've provided them from other websites? don't you see.

So yea...it wouldnt really work if they ALREADY know.
It is a possibility that this could be, but if this were the case, all topics would be open for discussion as to get the maximum response.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeforalie

Good point but then it would be too obvious?

DISCLAIMER-- I don't really believe this. Just sayin. It is possible. Or for one moderator to be a plant of some covert organization and be collecting IP addresses and other information about members. This is a conspiracy site after all!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that enigma deep down doesn't particularly care that one of his/her posts or threads are struck down but is more concerned about the quality and informativeness of ATS. Maybe I am right or maybe I am not.

You are completely right.

But I get the feeling that enigma is perhaps too caught up in the moment and feeling the need to defend from all sides rather than take a breathe and make a quality post clearly on the problem

What do you expect if you get attacked from all sides.

I think i've made myself clear as to what I think is up here.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I am also still in the process of making clear what is exactly going on here.

I need Neformore to answer my questions first.

look Schrodinger, I responded to myself again, isn't that funny.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It's also strange to see a crowd that after 50 posts still can't see the real issue at hand here.

And what is that real issue at hand? Is it that there are controlled groups plotting against ATS?

OK. Good point OP. We'll all be sure to watch for that in the future. Thank you for bringing that to all of our attention. As well as pointing out the previous fact, the OP also mentioned the correlation between this and the threads related to ceritan topics being closed. So what is the real issue at hand?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
DISCLAIMER-- I don't really believe this. Just sayin. It is possible. Or for one moderator to be a plant of some covert organization and be collecting IP addresses and other information about members. This is a conspiracy site after all!

And who the better to do it the right way? These people study conspiracy religiously. Whouldnt it make sense that all bases are covered. And wouldnt that be the last place to look?

So when a thread or post comes up thats acually the truth what better tool to use to hide it than misdirection, whilst we're all shouting about our rights, your rights and the owners rights, that little gem that showed us the truth slips away into the void never to be heard of again.

Originally posted by eyeforalie

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
ATS members in general seem to be woefully ignorant about anything except superficial topics like 9/11, Zionism or forced vaccinations. Maybe background information about conspiracy theories could be provided.

Its ALL important! That's what this is ALL about! You cannot grasp the whole picture if some subjects relevant to the whole picture are censored. This is why there continues to be a conspiracy WITHIN ATS, weather it is willing to be seen by the ones involved or not. I call witch hunt.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

OFFICIAL NOTICE

The issue of free expression on ATS has run an unusual course on this thread that initially had nothing to do with that particular topic.

From this point forward, those wishing to discuss their options of the "freedom of speech" (or lack thereof) on ATS should do so in this thread: Freedom Of Speech, ATS, and Ending The Eternal September

Any contributions to this thread on the issue of freedom of speech as it specifically applies to the policies of ATS will be removed.

Thank you.

(ALL from THIS thread. All in chronological order)

Move on! Nothing to see here!

Edit to correctly quote

[edit on 1-3-2009 by eyeforalie]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

Maybe that's a good thing...
What is the issue?
Seems to me like people are getting worked up over nothing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Like I said, I'll let Neformore answer my questions about his thread first, and then it might become clear.

edit; Actually, I already said it.

This whole thread is based on random generalizations and anekdotes of groups of people with a certain opinion. Basically, it's just trash.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join