It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation in the 21st Century

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I found this pretty neat article that i could relate to which talks about the necessity for meditation and a time of peace and spirituality from our daily lives. i thought it was interesting tell me what you think. It's written from a new looking martial arts website that concentrates on Blog posts and what not, but it seems like a pretty decent written article. See what you think.

Tranquility Tested: Meditation in the 21st Century

i think the necessity of mediation and some peace and alone time in this fast paced society is very needed. with so much going on in our heads now days its hard to really relax. i think we as Americans have so much stress on us (lol a lot form this loleconomy) and that it's taking a toll on us both, mentally, spiritually, and physically.

Even i have troubles meditating now days, and I'm a martial arts instructor. What is some of your guys plans or ways that you use to get some alone peaceful ways to either meditate or just relax and be one with yourself?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A variety of meditation strategies are listed on the website below, affiliated with UCLA in Los Angeles:

marc.ucla.edu...

They list some sample meditations you can listen to online.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

sounds good i will check that out. i will be at UCLA in May for a Masonic Symposium haha. Yea you know its just funny cause you can imagine that back then there was really nothing to do so they had the time to sit down and meditate.

now days its just so frustrating lol

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm finding it more of a chore to try and find the time these days to set aside time and just focus on the inner quiet... It shouldn't be a chore, but it's becoming that way. But i recognise that i need some sort of change in point of view for me to change this. I'm also coming to recognise that meditation might just be very essential regarding my progress in this life..

Here's something I read recently which really gave me some insight and perspective:

When people first made cars and planes, their intention was to be able to do things more quickly so that they'd have more time for rest. But what's happened instead is that people are more restless than ever. Examine your own everday life. Because of attachment, you get emotionally involved in a concrete sense world of your own creation, denying yourself the space and time to see the reality of your own mind. You cannot find satisfaction or enjoyment. The truth is that pleasure and joy actually come from the mind, not from external phenomena.

-LAMA YESHE

It's my opinion that people are missing this connection nowadays. People are living unconciously, in everything they do. I think we've forgotten a huge chunk of wisdom here which needs to be re-learnt.
I think it's more about understanding your mind and emotions - understanding is key.

[edit on 28/2/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Most deff. I mean people have lost a connection with there inner-self and concentrate to much on the external now days rather then the internal. Life isnt about the money, luxuries and toys. It's about finding your meaning in this world, and your inner light.

new topics

top topics

join