It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Human being has caused the most deaths?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by Alienmojo

He said in the last 30 years and untill we have hard numbers on Kim I think Pol Pot is the most recent mass killer. Stalin killed far more but it was much earlier in the century

If you cite Pol Pot, by extension, you can blame Zbignew Brzezinski, see wiki.

Cambodia In 1981 Brzezinski revealed that he encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot. This was part of a wider policy of forcing the Vietnamese out of Cambodia by funding anti-Vietnamese guerrilla groups that the U.S. helped create.[25] Between 1979 and 1981, the World Food Program, which was under US influence, provided nearly $12 million in food aid to Thailand. Much of this aid made its way to the Khmer Rouge.[26] In January 1980 the US started funding Pol Pot while he was in exile. The extent of this support was $85 million from 1980 to 1986.[27] Brzezinski's support of the Khmer Rouge was a continuation of the friendly relations the US had with the Khmer Rouge during the presidency of Gerald Ford. Kissinger had already asked Thailand's foreign minister in 1975 to tell the Khmer Rouge that the US would be friends with them.[28] Brzezinski himself however denied that his administration helped China fund Pol Pot in a letter he sent to the New York Times in 1998.[29]

Of course, according to the above, Zbig stated he encouraged China to support Pol Pot, but then denies HIS admin had anything to do with it. Looks like 17 years will do a lot to soothe your conscience?
Wonder what kind of juicy intrigues he has up his sleeve for the US as part of Obama's regime.

Zbignew Brzezinski

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thomas Ferebee.

en.wikipedia.org...

He killed between 90,000-140,000 people in one day.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All those other people you mentioned may have personally killed a few people. Mostly they just told other people to kill people, they didn't do it themselves. Thomas Ferebee, took matters into his own hands and pushed a button that killed lots, and lots of people.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

I agree that Kissinger was involved in or responsible in the deaths of many. I think Amnesty International wanted him tried as a war criminal. He didn't operate in a vacuum and must therefore share the responsibility with others like Nixon. His career ended in the mid-70s and the question (missed by almost every single reply:@@
refers to the last 30 years...1979 onwards.

In terms of barbarity, the Rwandan genocide of the mid-90s would place Pol Pot in the shadows but it's difficult to place the responsibility on just one person or even two. It was like all humanity was burned in a crucible and only our worst traits remained. The atrocities that friends and neighbors committed on each other is almost beyond comprehension. I'll never forget a radio interview with a young girl that had watched her mother be butchered and been gang-raped by men with HIV so that her future children would die.

Rwandan Genocide

All told over 100 million humans were killed in Wars, conflicts and at the behest of Leaders during the 20th Century. We're all beauty and darkness...

Twentieth Century Atlas-Death Tolls

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Supreme Court judge, Justice Douglas, who ruled in favour of Roe in the case vs Wade, 1973. I think the number of deaths he is responsible for is about 50 million and counting...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Hitler or Stalin I guess

2nd line

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I think there was an old interview with him about how he felt about being the bomber and he said something about being miserable that he ever did such a thing. Or something like that

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Trotsky had more to do with the deaths in Russia than Stalin.
His real name was Lev Bronstein!

It's kind of funny, in a way. Hitler was known for killing Jews and that's why everyone hates Hitler, yet Trotsky and Stalin who killed even more people than Hitler, were Jewish. LOL. (Bronstein is a Jewish name, and Stalin's birth name was Jughashvili until he changed it to Stalin. Stalin is Russian for "Steel". It's unknown if Stalin was Jewish or not, but all 3 of his wives that he had were Jewish and he also had a love-affair with a jewish woman).

[edit on 1-3-2009 by BlackOpsAgent9]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Can we make this 100 years please?
Its pointless to use only 30 years.
Why on earth would you care only about 30 years.
Who killed the most people in the last 100 years?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You forgot about Mao Zedong.
Millions and millions for sure.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ronald McDonald

He's tricked a lot of people into getting heart attacks & diabetes.

Evil, evil man he is.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Mao Zedong only around 186,000 early on from murder and torture.
Then perhaps after his whole time reigning, there was starvation of say 20 million.
But many say its more like 70 million, but there is no evidence of that.Its more than likely around 20-30 million but from starvation.
Stalin about 800,000/1.5 million murders.
Pol pot around 1.7 million murders.
But if you think in the last 100 years, who has been responsible for the most substantiated deaths.
It is Adolph Hitler.
Because not just the 6 million or more Jews he killed.
But the 25 million Russian soldiers, coupled with millions of allied troops, and people of other nations, who died fighting his regime.
Hitler would be responsible for at least, 50 million deaths in his time.
And these from violence, not starvation.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i thimk everyone missed the mark,but not by much.
it was Nixon. to start with he killed 12,000,000 cambodians with bombing. not to mention the viet nam war.

he is the greatest mass murderer of all times. he even tops hitler.

so it goes without saying ...we need to watch Kissinger. he has written about population thinning.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm going to say stalin.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
reply to post by branty

He said in the past 30 years.
although Stalin makes Hitler look like a pansy!

I'd put my jar of pennies on Saddam.

rothschild ,rockefeller family responsible for billions of deaths

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It seems that almost no one is going with examples from the past 30 years so...I won't either.
My bet is on the guy who first coughed (or vomited or whatever he did) in the face of another person and spread the Plague.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
There have been (within this thread) many worthy examples of insipidly horrific merchants of death, but I shall throw out yet another name for consideration.

*Phillip Morris* IMHO is a name that could be likened Charon the somber figure from Greek mythology, when the sheer numbers of affected humanity are factored into the equation.

I would not presume to argue that the current corporate manifestation of Phillip Morris (which has undergone numerous permutations since it's inception in 1847) can be directly correlated with the "fountainhead founder" but surely we all can agree that the spirit which drives this empire of death is a bit seamless in it's tenacity for survival and perpetuity.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Jesus, plain and simple.

More people have killed for Jesus than anyone else, dead or alive.

EDIT here:

And yes, this even includes the past 30 years...

[edit on 2009/3/1 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

hmm , why does this seem like a string of capricious and LEADING questions and an arbitary 30 year cut off date - all deliberatly chosen to " engineer " the response GW Bush ???????????

why dont you just OPENLY start a bush bashing thread - many others have doe - they are ussually quite popular

why the shenanigans ?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i blame the humans of planet earth.

they are born weak and die weak

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join