It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Human being has caused the most deaths?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Not Jesus, if the question was in the past thousand years, then maybe, but no crusades in a while. And Mohammad, the prophet of Allah, is the Religious symbol most used in murder. Just an opinion.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Osama is a good choice. He fought the Russians and cause lots of casualties, he autherized and funded the attack on the US, and the US military has probably killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, Afganis and Pakistanis since the "global war on terror began."

Sure, I think the Bushies were looking for an excused to go to war, and probably at a minimum, didn't try to stop the attacks on 9/11; however, you have to admit that Osama is one hateful individual who thinks that unless you pray the way he does, you should die.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have my money on Henry Killinger (Kissinger )

[edit on 28-2-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The last 30 years is the same as the last thousand. The WHITE Man has killed more than any other combined! His day will come.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For a group it would be, Radical environmentalist.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My original post I said Stalin. I'll concide to those who said Mao.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Wow, you really need to read some more about Pope John Paul II, you don't even have to be a believer of God to know the kind of man he was. Forgiving a guy that had tried to kill him, going in person to visit him in prison and not having him punished...not enough people in this world like him. How dare you say such a thing?? I'd say Stalin however because he killed many people in Russia and Ukraine which was like another Holocaust the way he starved them to death.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

finemanm.....OK....just remember that 'Muhammed' hails from the ermmmm....7th Century??? Maybe later....regardless.....Jesus Christ still trumps his ass!!!

Yeah, the Crusades are long gone....but, weren't they enough????

Back to the story....Humans have killed other Humans once the ability to kill was first invented.

Initially, it was territorial....other animals protect their territory, and kill for it.

It's just, once 'religion' entered into the mix....well.....things got out of hand. Add Social/political stuff, and ......well.....'Katie Bar the Door!!!"

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I would have thought the person responsible for the most deaths over the last 30 years would be Lieutenant General Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov.

Not directly responsible I hasten to add, but his designs in the hands of every last fanatic, insurgent, freedom fighter, or other would have racked up one hell of a total by now.

I exclude the vodka labelled with his name and the watches from the count, but the guns and knives must surely be a contender?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In the last 30 years the answer must be Pol Pot, the leader of the Khmer Rouge. An estimated 25% of his country's population were killed in a matter of years.

POL Pot, who has died aged 73, was the leader of the Communist Khmer Rouge in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979, and one of the most savage tyrants of the 20th Century. Although Pol Pot's stage was much smaller than that of Hitler or Stalin, in abuse of power he was their equal. In nearly four years of Khmer Rouge misrule, more than 1.6 million Cambodians (about a fifth of the population) are believed to have been massacred or deliberately starved to death.
source

Average: If we take these 25 estimates and figure that "more than" means 20% more, while "up to" means 20% less, and "between" means dead center, then both the median and mean of all these estimates is 1.6M
Source

Live by the sword, die by the sword is often the way these kinds of people go out. At times we can see patterns of poetic justice...even karma. One thing is sure; the monsters and men that generate so much hatred during their lives rarely enjoy much happiness or contentment.

In Pol Pot's case, he saw out his life in relevant comfort and without facing the consequences of his actions. Under house arrest, he dies peacefully in sleep

Pol Pot's death in April 1998 heralded the end of the brutal career of a man responsible for overseeing one of the worst genocides of the 20th century.

Between 1975 and 1979 his regime claimed the lives of more than 1m people - through execution, starvation and disease - as the Khmer Rouge tried to turn Cambodia back to the middle ages.

For many survivors of that era, the joy of his demise will only be tempered with the regret that he was not called to account for his crimes against humanity.

The "people's tribunal" at which his former colleagues sentenced him to life imprisonment last year was widely regarded as little more than a show trial.
BBC Link

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
id bet a few Rubles on Stalin

Stalin killed more people than Hitler did. At first I thought of Truman dropping the bombs on the Japanese... but he would win only for the most people killed in the fastest way. Stalin is my vote for the money.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
In the last 30 years the answer must be Pol Pot, the leader of the Khmer Rouge. An estimated 25% of his country's population were killed in a matter of years.

Good guess. Pol Pot was horrible. However Stalin killed over 10 million people.
wiki.answers.com...

I guess it depends on who you ask... but I think he beat the 1.6 million of Pol Pot... which was less than Hitler too.

Percentage wise he may have killed more...but even your own article states he didn't kill as many as Stalin.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by finemanm

regardless.....Jesus Christ still trumps his ass!!!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you a bit here brother, but are you saying JC killed people? Ummm... nope. You can say his followers might have, but JC never harmed anyone. He never, ever, suggested killing as an answer... unlike other religious leaders have.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think calling these things "human beings" is a bit too generous.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Consider that Jesus DID NOT suggest to people that they kill others. However Mohammed did do just that. So while I can find no blame in Jesus, just some of his followers, I can directly blame Mohammed for instilling this killing idea in his followers.
Note" When Mohammed wanted to attack Medina, his followers balked at the idea, but when he told them they would be able to rape, plunder and kill, they quickly came aboard his plan and joined in the fun.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The pedofile known as Mao has to be #1
Hitler runs second
Stalin is up there

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I would agree with you there in the last 30 years. There are bigger butchers out there but he is the most recent.

Kim of North Korea may have gotton those numbers as well but no one knows for sure.

My wife survived the death camps there BTW.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

He said in the last 30 years and untill we have hard numbers on Kim I think Pol Pot is the most recent mass killer. Stalin killed far more but it was much earlier in the century

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Once again I site Henry Kissinger,

www.youtube.com...

www.schillerinstitute.org...

www.zpub.com...

the threat called for in the last 30 years Stalen was dead Moa dead

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by infolurker

Excellent spin on the subject, infolurker!!

Still, big 'pharms' haven't been around for over 2000 years....yet, you make a great point.

Uh, weedwhacker, I think you went too far back, the OP was only asking about the last 30 years.

I guess people will go pretty far (yes, pun) to try to put the blame on Jesus, again.....but why don't you just blame satan, go even farther back, and that would cover all the most horrendous, murderous killers that have ever been born.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join