It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more on Timeline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And yes, it belongs in the mud pit.

I think Chriton was trying to make a political point here in this movie. The French archiologist was scared completely going back in time. Obviously. He was panicy, they were consoleing him, etc.

The French in the 1300s were heroic and brave. They were willing to risk life and limb for their comrades, and were able to win battles. The current guy was gutted, while the previous French were totally victorious over the English.

Someone was once argueing with me, and I came to agree, that after the French revolution, the entire culture changed. Look at history and the present (post-Napoleon.)

I, personally, do not like the French culture, where they're better then anyone else, and they have the laws to prove it. I have no problem with french people however. I have many French friends. It's the culture I don't like.

And I know I'm going to get flamed that America's culture is extreamly pervasive and spreading like a cancer throughout the world. I'm going to address that point now with: We don't have to make laws to spread our culture, it does so naturally. France makes laws saying you must abide by the culture.

In my opinion, Chriton was trying to make the same point, and may have done so more or less in the book, I haven't read it. And remember, the book was written a while ago, before the whole Iraq debacle.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
1. France only wins when someone else does most of the fighting (see WWI and WWII)

2. France only wins when not lead by a frenchman (see Joan of Arc)

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Chriton had nothing to do with that. It was whoever wrote the screen play or directed the movie.

It was political, it was not from Chriton. Read the book, THAT is Chriton. The science is FAR more accurate and the characters more indepth. The movie was hollywood BS. THe book was a good story with valid points totally ignored by the movie.

new topics

join