It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal would abolish North Dakota property taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Proposal would abolish North Dakota property taxes

finance.yahoo.com

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) -- One way to resolve the North Dakota Legislature's endless squabbling about property taxes is to abolish them, says a legislator who proposes a constitutional amendment to accomplish the goal within three years.

The proposal orders the Legislature to use state tax collections to make up the more than $700 million that local governments collect each year in property taxes, starting in January 2012.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I dropped everything and moved to New Hampshire for 2nd Amendment freedoms and I wouldnt hesitate to drop everything once again and move to North Dakota to live free of property taxation.

Having land and not being extorted upon by some entity claiming lordship over you. How great is that?

Freedom.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Having land and not being extorted upon by some entity claiming lordship over you. How great is that?

Freedom.

What??

You guys pay tax on property you already own? Has it always been like that?

That has to be the biggest insult a government can throw at you. I knew they did this in many countries around the world but I thought the USA was founded against this kind of thing....no?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
You guys pay tax on property you already own? Has it always been like that?

Not always but just about anybody alive today consideres this the norm.

That has to be the biggest insult a government can throw at you. I knew they did this in many countries around the world but I thought the USA was founded against this kind of thing....no?

Glad you could learn something. This a major factor in my absolute stance on gun ownership.

The USA is a neo-feudalistic empire. What "freedom" we seem to have is an illusion at best. We're just serfs to lord government.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Paying taxes on something you own every single year has always been BS.

It's more than double taxation...it's super taxation...money stolen every year just to own property.

This people of this country are up to their eyeballs in taxes...and for what?

To be lied to and misdirected at every turn.

top topics

join