It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

We are truly equal in what?
Can you be a little more specific?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

Source
Noun 1. delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really are
delusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary
megalomania - a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur

Source
Megalomania (from the Greek word μεγαλομανία) is a historical term for behavior characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, genius, or omnipotence — often generally termed as delusions of grandeur or grandiose delusions. It is a Greek word ,"megalo" meaning "very large", "great", or "exaggerated" and "mania" meaning obsession thus combining to denote an obsession with, either in the form of irrational perceived need for, or preoccupation with one's own estimation of having and/or obtaining, grandiosity and extravagance (especially in the form of great fame and popularity, material wealth, social influence or political power, or more than one or even all of the aforesaid) and accompanying complete desirous and bombastic abandon; a common symptom if not the key diagnostic feature of megalomania. It may be a symptom of manic or paranoid disorders.[citation needed] However it is not considered a distinct mental disorder of itself according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Delusions of grandeur may be seen as distinct from megalomania: An overweening and excessive preoccupation with one's own importance, though it may be considered pathological, is not necessarily delusional. A delusion of grandeur, if it is a true delusion, must meet the psychiatric criteria for delusion. Whereas it is possible, in the case of megalomania, for an actually important man/woman to be preoccupied with his/her own actual importance, a person suffering from delusions of grandeur would stubbornly entertain patently false, generally fantastic and often highly complex ideas of his/her own importance, often with a supernatural or science-fictional bent. A person suffering from delusions of grandeur may actually be an important figure, as in the case of the mathematician John Nash, who once rejected a prestigious academic chair on the grounds that he was due to be enthroned as the Emperor of Antarctica.[1]

These mental states can be passed along by people such as retired professors and often are. Such people like to surround themselves with groupies of sorts and young people are their targets generally.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

To me it looks very much like social nomenclature.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes the truth is hard, we are lead to believe we are the gods, but are ruled by one, our destiny is entrapment..

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

IN our lives that we have lead.... the only thing that makes us different and choose what we do is our "lives". These collections of experiance create intelligence... compassion... mercy. These experiances are like legos used to build the conciousness you now have.

Some of us were not givin starter packs with legos that were usefull... some us us only got a package full of regular blocks. Then theres the kids who go tall the wheels and propellers..... The legos that we were givin vastly defines what we know and understand about creation. I for one plan on sharing ALL of my legos so we can make a car.... or maybe an airplane.

There did i make that example childish enough?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

IN our lives that we have lead.... the only thing that makes us different and choose what we do is our "lives". These collections of experiance create intelligence... compassion... mercy. These experiances are like legos used to build the conciousness you now have.

Some of us were not givin starter packs with legos that were usefull... some us us only got a package full of regular blocks. Then theres the kids who go tall the wheels and propellers..... The legos that we were givin vastly defines what we know and understand about creation. I for one plan on sharing ALL of my legos so we can make a car.... or maybe an airplane.

There did i make that example childish enough?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

From what you are saying I see that we are not equal at all. We have different sets of toys from birth. I do agree with that.
On the other hand, we can by no means be the judges of others. That is also self evident.

So how can one with better tools help those who simply have no capacity to understand certain things?
Even that may not be the problem, if those could simply understand that they should trust the one who knows better - but there is a serious problem: Can they recognize such teachers of mankind, and how not to allow the cunning ones to twist the truth from the great sages?

We all can see the history of mankind proves this. And I've never seen a solution pop up within the frame of history.

My conclusion is: society was invented exactly for that purpose: to prevent the truth to influence people. And those who don't understand this simple fact are doomed to suffer until their next rebirth, or their 1.000th next rebirth.

So what can you and I do about it?

[edit on 28-2-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What would you do when you feel danger and want to get out of the area, yet your family doesn't want to go with you nor do they want you to leave.
Way before year 2000 I knew USA is collapsing and I wanted to get out of the country, yet my friends and family was telling me that I am crazy untill I found ATS. Still the hard evidence I presented to them, I was always considered wrong. People cannot calculate the trend from what they observe. Even though I signed off legal documents to let me go and they can have everything I owned. Still I am stuck because I love my kids and they cry when I say I am leaving. What you do. How can you say that those who slumber or sleep

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

This is not about calculation, Charlie.
This is clearly about your decision.
That's why I say: Death is an option!

Being free to make a decision is being "awake", truly free from odds.
Being conditioned to "react" to circumstances is being "asleep", enslaved.
The difference between being reactive and creative.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Conscience is what promotes the golden rule, and the will to help those who are yet to awaken. I agree that until the first step is made by the individual, there is no "awakening" of our fellow human beings.

We are obligated to help those who are on the path. With knowledge comes responsibility. To deny this is to live a lie, and ultimately to deny oneself.

I am awake to the potential of being awakened. I am not fully aware at all times, so I don't think of myself as being fully awake. There's still too much to experience and know, to make such a fallacious claim.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They have no better a capacity to understand then you had. To say that you understood by living your life and that no one else would if they had your experiances is one of the dumbest arrogant things i have ever heard. The only thing that is differnt between you... is your perspective in reality.

Find a way to share those undersandings and experaince instead of inflating you own ego with a circle *&^% of megalomaniacs.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but what happened to THEIR experience?

Were they collecting any at all? Where did it go? Or they just didn't bother?
How can you blame me for that? You could blame the society, politicians, MSM, teachers, parents, but you blame me? Is that right?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
After reading over this thread, I'm interested in the definition of "awake" and "asleep" that you (the thread contributors) keep using. I'm wondering if one poster's "awake" is the same as the next poster's "awake".

Anyone using them care to define these terms?

These are a bit fuzzy, and I'm sure some people apply them with different scopes, but I'll give you my rough definition in the hopes it helps to clarify my positions in the debate, at least:

Awake: To be aware that most of our history is lies and distortions, to be aware that money is debt, to be aware that there are strange things in our skies, to be aware that false flag terrorism is the norm and real terrorism is the exception, to be aware that psychopaths have a lot of power on earth, to be aware that aristocracy is still alive and kicking (us), to be aware that religion is control and the only real spirituality is within one's self, to be aware that television is mind control and that the news is not so much what happens but what elites want to happen, to be aware that all wars are just an expression of the war of the few on the many, of the rich on the middle class, to be aware that vaccines kill, that our own imune system would be better off unaided, to be aware that medicine is sold out to money. I could go on but the tendency is clear.

Asleep: To believe the news, to let the establishment downscale your rights and wages, to say "yes sir" to an abusive boss, to pay ever increasing taxes for ever diminuishing returns and not complain, to take those shots, to watch those tv channels, to support the troops, to idolize the rich and powerfull, to... well, I could go on and on and on but the tendency is clear.

To be awake is to love, to be asleep is to, out of fear, hate. To be awake is to want to reconnect to nature through the plants, and I can't specifically name them because ATS has become asleep. To be awake is to know. To be asleep is to embrance ignorance.

Those that are awake live life, those that are asleep are living the lies. And, since the world is run by psychopathic individuals with their own silly belief systems, we can say they are asleep too.

Hope the rant contains the definition you wanted BH.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Zepherian]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To the OP,

That's got to be the most narrow minded thing I've ever read.
I think it should be the duty of the so called awake to inform those who don't know.Power comes in numbers my friend not secrets.Thoughts like yours is what got humanity in this new caste system as it is.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallica Bob

Consider yourself being informed.
Move on

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

I'm sorry, but what happened to THEIR experience?

Were they collecting any at all? Where did it go? Or they just didn't bother?
How can you blame me for that? You could blame the society, politicians, MSM, teachers, parents, but you blame me? Is that right?

You cannot blame them either. You are blind in one eye. They missed out on something you were blessed with. So find a way to bring them that blessing... sitting on a *%&$ing throne is a disgusting act of a flawed mind.

I am here... to do just that, and by speaking to you i am doing exactly what i have told you to do. You coming here and speaking about how little weak people deserve is putrid.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
yes indeed , I've grown tired of talking about 9/11 to the sleep walkers and how Obama is just another puppet , how the NWO is coming. in the end I get laugh at and ridiculed why bother. Let the Sleep walkers sleep walk right off the cliff.
When the SHTF ,I'll be distancing my self from these people , they will become very dangerous , they will sell you out to the authorities in a heart beat , they will demand you share your supplies with them .
It's gonna be interesting to see people who are well educated , who claim to be intellectual moral Liberals turn into night mare freaks from Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia
But lets all hope and prey S doesn't HTF
I gues perhaps most of these people in denial are still good people ,but I'm at my ropes end .

[edit on 28-2-2009 by OpusMarkII]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah, that sounds like something an old man working at YAle would say...

If you only think about yourself, your going to be a very lonely person.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You cannot blame them either. You are blind in one eye. They missed out on something you were blessed with. So find a way to bring them that blessing... sitting on a *%&$ing throne is a disgusting act of a flawed mind.

And what if years of trying have resulted into nothing more then ridicule and angry arguments?

I do blame those that have the means, but won't inform themselves, it is their own choice.

You can't interfere with free will.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sorry, but the biggest problem among our society and the world is the self righteous attitude that you and many other leaders posses.

It is the thought that they got to their position with no help but their own self innovation. That is wrong.

We would like to think it was ALL "me", but that is far from reality. The greatest lessons I have learned were from so called "poor" people. Not in words, but spirit, you learn what is important in life.

I am still a student, and I would like to believe that my good grades, high spirit, and motivation to do something good with my life was a product of my emotions and thoughts. That is FAR from it. If it were not for my loving parents, great friends, and faults of others, more than likely, I would also be at the bottom of the barrel, induced into a drug world and hate filled environment.

The only reason you are awake is because the lessons you have learned from others, whether directly or indirectly. You should be thanking them for your awakening, not yourself. They have lighted the fuse to help trigger such self enlightenment.

Our, or the "enlightened ones" as we call it, do have an obligation. Our obligation is not to give free money to everyone or smash the depressed further into the ground, but help awaken them also. That may be by a very touching story or act.

You could give someone a million dollars and they would act the same...or you could show them some real, hardcore, emotion and change their view of life forever.

It disturbs me that not only you do not want to help open others eyes, but you DO NOT WANT TO.

Let me tell you something. I have done some "bad things (Avoiding T&C violation...)", but what hurt the most was when my family found out, was how much I have back stabbed them. So I thank them, for giving so me so care that has helped me realized that when I made a mistake, someone was still there that actually cared.

THAT has opened my own eyes. Some people are not as fortunate as me in terms of family, money, and things to that liking, so if we do not give "them" a foundation of money, we can give them a foundation of positive thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
metallica bob..... you can lead a horse to water reference applies here.alot of people choose to keep their blinders on. if you beat people over the head with information they will get sick of it and more than likely be repulsed by it. its our duty to bring it up once. and if there is a genuine interest in being awoken, so be it. otherwise, baaah baaahhh. move the herd aof sheeple along to the fema graves.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join