It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I would also hasten to add, in response to a post I am certain I noticed but can't locate again, that the Bonesmen (or any other S.S. at Yale) do not have any direct connection to the harmless silliness of Bohemian Grove.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

Please exclude me from being your responsibility.
I don't remember you ever asked me to be so.
And I sincerely doubt that you ever bothered to ask anyone about that.
Perhaps your work will have impact on the world, but the effects of that impacts you cannot control.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You are right that those of us "that are awake" owe nothing to those that choose "to remain asleep" but those of us that have figured out mostly what is going on have to live with the consequences of those that just won't wake up, which happens currently to be the majority of people.

Case in point, most people voted for GWB. (or at least that is what is reported, I suspect votes were stolen and the GWB election - at least the first, was tampered with).

Now, many of our "problems" that all of us have to contend with today, right now evolved from the majority of individuals that voted for this imbicile.

We do not owe those that choose to slumber but we all suffer the consequences resulting from those that remain asleep.

Like it or not we are all interconnected and what affects one of us eventually affects all of us.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Manganesejolt:

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

Totally wrong! Totally disagree! It is not out of obligation that those "who have wings" become the (discerning) eyes for those that have not yet unfolded their wings, but out of conscience and love for their compatriots. Your history mentor is wrong to state that "People who are Awake owe no more to those who slumber than the quick owe to the dead", because the meaning of the statement is mismatched to the metaphor.

We are not talking about living people and dead people, we are talking about living people with living people. Those that have died lived to the enervescent energy of certain principles and ideas that gave their lives meaning of purpose, and whilst they lived, shared that meaning of purpose (i.e., the Founding Fathers). Principles and ideas are not shared between the living and the dead, only between the living and the living, wherein the energising principles and ideas blossom and bloom into flowering.

Therefore, a disregard to 'awaken' those seemingly in 'sleep', by those whom avow to their 'wakefulness', limits and stunts the growth of the principles and the ideas. Those that 'soar' with 'wings of wakefulness' do so on the the thermals and eddies created by the uptake of the 'principles' and the 'ideas' by others...limit the uptake through a insular and indifferent mindset, and you will not 'soar' for very long. The dead (in this world) will always remain impervious to any principle and idea. Yet, your mentor failed to deliver the moot understanding of his reasoning on the vast difference between a living active life force, and that of a spent and dead one. All ideas and principles (and this is what we are really discussing) require living minds to be the flowering beds of their blossoming. We must always bear in mind that the 'awakend' are the alarm clocks to those that still slumber. If you fail to awaken them out of indifference, you do the self-same disservice to them (and in relation, equally to your own wakefulness) that we would expect from our foes. Game over, man!

[edit on 1/3/09 by elysiumfire]

[edit on 1/3/09 by elysiumfire]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

you must set your fear aside and face it will all your might ,god bliever or not i face the darkness of lucifer every once in awhile and he never win

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Lol the OP seems to have his wires crossed.

One part of being truly awake is knowing that people such as the OP think this way... how ironic.

I will go and live my life now and see the world... you can carry on buying your precious metals

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

what are you going to do when you find my dna is gold and yours is brass! people are awake but not in your click. why ? it's a false click!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by manganesejolt
I would also hasten to add, in response to a post I am certain I noticed but can't locate again, that the Bonesmen (or any other S.S. at Yale) do not have any direct connection to the harmless silliness of Bohemian Grove.
that would be from me. a few pages ago, and was in the form of a question not really a statement.could you tell us how you know that all said things in the grove are innoculous? or that skull and bones have nay to do with it? because then maybe we could all understand your level of conciousness that all the people bickering here are trying to find.ill say it AGAIN for those of you that insist on goin to the last page and blind-posting. some are blessed with the gift of teaching, or wakeing. others are not. either not able, experienced, or willing. paperplanes... my other favorite saying also comes from mr mencken: there comes a time in every mans life to raise the black flag, and begin slitting throats. not exact, but you get it

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
"When I was at Yale, "

is there a remote chance that you were a classmate of G.W. Bush?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford

that would be from me. a few pages ago, and was in the form of a question not really a statement.could you tell us how you know that all said things in the grove are innoculous? or that skull and bones have nay to do with it? because then maybe we could all understand your level of conciousness that all the people bickering here are trying to find.ill say it AGAIN for those of you that insist on goin to the last page and blind-posting. some are blessed with the gift of teaching, or wakeing. others are not. either not able, experienced, or willing. paperplanes... my other favorite saying also comes from mr mencken: there comes a time in every mans life to raise the black flag, and begin slitting throats. not exact, but you get it

It's true I don't have any insider knowledge of what goes on at the Grove yet. But when people I know talk about it they always emphasize it's mostly a good way to let off steam.

I absolutely can't discuss the Skulls and by all rights, if this were a real conversation in real time, I would have had to get up and walk out of the room already. But I'm not doing anything wrong when I make it clear the Skulls and the Grove are not directly connected, i.e. being involved with one does not entail nor necessitate involvement in the other.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i see. and because i went to school a, and most people that work for company x also went to school a, but are not owned by the same interests, i shall conclude that a and x are not related. i can believe that most of the rituals are stable and safe, im sure as with any place of secrecy something happens there that aint so safe, or innoculous. and im also not saying that all s&b mambers are dichordians, perpetrators, or grand schemers of evil plots, ill take your word for it and try to believe you.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

This guy might not even know it, but he has something dark inside his soul.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Sheeper]

Typically, people who think the way the OP does, do so for a reason. Most people with that particular mindset are disgusted. They are disgusted with the seemingly futile effort of helping others.

I am not saying that it's right, but that is what it boils down to.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
My pesception of the essence of your words is intact - i do not beleive you are a jerk. It is a very good statement and rule for some who overly indulge others and prevent them from growing up! It is a good mantra for people who forget themselves and end up empty and sick and dependant! for others who have been unconcious about this giving and taking energy thing, it may be shocking! but thats good, I have excellent taste and I could have been a trophe wife(thats me avatar)but I have devoted my life, to promoting life, creativity and respect to every one, gently nudging my loved ones into their bliss. Ive had alot of opposition from others who were jealous of my competance and courage. Because of these people I can smell a rat now, at a distance and never be screwed again. For survival it is important that a fair exchange exists within all relashionships. The young and the old need assistance, different needs altoghether - but then again you have some attitude and behavior that you should never allow if it is disrespectful. People are happy when i am honest and prompt at pointing the flaw! it means we all get to keep our energy.

Hula

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I read as much of this thread as I could stand before posting.

I read and actually liked the OP because I do think that there are a lot of people who are actually asleep in our country. This is nothing new, Benjamin Franklin thought the same thing during his lifetime. He is famously quoted for saying that many men are buried at 70 who died at 35 and didn't know it.

However, don't accept the false dicotamy of thinking that anyone who disagrees with you is a sleeper, or that all those who agree with you are awake. The world is a much more complex place than that. There are more than two sides to every story and more than two sides in every argument. If you do not see this then maybe you are not as awake as you think.

If you refer to those of differing opinions as "sheeple", "chattle", "morons", or "idiots", then you are really not awake at all. The world is full of people with strong opinions that differ from yours. Allow those that disagree with you the respect that they deserve. You will have opponents in life, always, and these individuals are every bit as committed to their opinions as you are to yours.

Those who are asleep, are those who never seem to have an opinion on anything. When you ask them what they think about something, they respond by saying, "I don't know, what do you think?" You can recognize a person who is truly asleep very quickly. I guess the question is, do you owe them anything? No, not really, but the human thing to do is try to wake them up.

How do you wake up the sleepers? Theat all depends on why they are sleepers. There are some who are willfully ignorant of the world around them. They have dropped out of society, so to speak, and they want nothing to do with it. There is nothing that you can do for someone like that.

There are others who simply don't know that they are sleeping. These folks don't pay attention to what is going on around them, because they don't think that they can make a difference. You can awaken these people, it takes time and patience, but you can do it. How do you do it? Well you start by stimulating these people with conversation. Make them think, challenge their minds, ask them to explain their positions. Take a real interest in them. They will slowly, over time, wake up, and they will thank you for waking them up.

Don't make the mistake though of thinking that once they are awake, that they will be a clone of you. They will not, and in fact they may not agree with you on anything. When a mind is free it reaches its own conclusions, for its own reasons, that is the nature of freedom.

Anyway, we live in a challenging time, and if current events are an indication then it will only get more challenging. Several threads have been started on what will happen if the WTO takes control, or if the US government collapses. If this happens, your first responsibility is to yourself and your family, even the ones who are asleep. Take the time to make plans for where you will go, and what you will do. Stay awake and look for the early signs of collapse. When you see them, then execute your plan.

OK, so what if we are all wrong? What if the situation gets better without a collapse or major upheaval? Then keep doing what you are doing now. Keep watching, keep making plans, and keep trying to wake up everyone you can.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I have found myself in the position of having to learn to recieve(the hardest for me). In time of need, on a journey, I have met people who new exactly what i needed and provided it - I want to thank the dead heads!

Junkies and pervs and wise guys, really don't need our fuel! and they are preventing others their autonomy and causing mistrust.

As for the ones you call asleep you must wisper to them or they will strike you or just overreact and call you negative. It is frustrating when they are your responsability - for now i let live - when and if it is the time i will rack them up and scream like a drill sargent and save their ass!

[edit on 1-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Those of us who are awake have the responsibility of the entire world on our shoulders and we will always carry that burden.

Do they teach you at Yale to offer comments like the one referenced above that contradict the thesis statement of your thread?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
good catch snisha. and i thought i was really paying attention here

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to the op.

now based on that you sound like a sheep and not a free thinker. Go ahead an follow some one else and let them lead you. For us Free thinkers, the ones who don't just regurgitate facts, we will be most like better off then you in the long run because I don't play patsy very well. I also don't play well with followers. Your kind will be the easiest to lead. Libertarians are suppose to be free thinkers an here you are following the advise of others. take what they say and for once in your life have an original thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to
As for the ones you call asleep you must wisper to them or they will strike you or just overreact and call you negative. It is frustrating when they are your responsability - for now i let live - when and if it is the time i will rack them up and scream like a drill sargent and save their ass!

You apparently do not know the job of a DS or DI. They are teachers and instructors that is it. If you fail they fail. So are you stating you have failed before you started?

so much hate on this thread. I like it.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by CrashGecko]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Let's just come out and admit that right now, and it will make all our lives much simpler.

When I was at Yale, I was part of a number of little groups, and one group was mentored by this old man (a retired professor in the history department) whose views really opened my eyes. He said "People who are Awake owe no more to those who slumber than the quick owe to the dead".

Some people spend so much time worrying about the "rights" of those who are too lazy or dull witted to catch on that they wind up making themselves miserable. Those of us who have wings were meant to soar, not to crawl along the ground with the rest of the cattle.

Many of the "conspiracies" painted in such sinister colors (the NWO, etc) will really be blessings for those of us who think and feel in full vibrant color and what becomes of those who see grey and eat gruel is of no consequence to us. All will be treated humanely so long as they cooperate, but those of us who have talent and insight will be rewarded. I tell you the truth.

It's like the so called "economic crisis". Those of us with any kind of foresight have been making the right kinds of investments (dumping real estate, buying precious metals) for some time now. If the hordes need to be brought to their knees for their own good, it's none of our affair. Similarly the use of religious and social issues to render more malleable the teeming masses is no vice, in the end it's for their own good.

I just want those of us who are Awake to feel no shame in it, to luxuriate in the radiance of full consciousness and to have faith that all works for the best of those who deserve it.

Take it from the longhaired libertarian.

Rock 'n roll.

You actually have no idea what is about to happen. You are in for a ride freaking awakening.

You never did answer my question, We you ever in the Military or Government?

Eye of Eagle

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join