It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who are Awake have no obligations to those who are asleep.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have a seventh grade education for one reason.

You have a seventh grade indoctrination. It is clear you have much more than 7 years of education.
Many people think that education begins and ends with an institution, but many of us know better. I never judge someone by their degree. I have met many with advanced degrees that can memorize and spout out what they have learned and cant think their way out of a relatively simply problem on their own. Much like the educated sorts who got us into this lovely economic mess we are in, as you point out so nicely.

Your family patriarch sounds like a great guy.

Nice post.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by manganesejolt
Let's just come out and admit that right now, and it will make all our lives much simpler.

When I was at Yale, I was part of a number of little groups, and one group was mentored by this old man (a retired professor in the history department) whose views really opened my eyes. He said "People who are Awake owe no more to those who slumber than the quick owe to the dead".

Some people spend so much time worrying about the "rights" of those who are too lazy or dull witted to catch on that they wind up making themselves miserable. Those of us who have wings were meant to soar, not to crawl along the ground with the rest of the cattle.

Many of the "conspiracies" painted in such sinister colors (the NWO, etc) will really be blessings for those of us who think and feel in full vibrant color and what becomes of those who see grey and eat gruel is of no consequence to us. All will be treated humanely so long as they cooperate, but those of us who have talent and insight will be rewarded. I tell you the truth.

It's like the so called "economic crisis". Those of us with any kind of foresight have been making the right kinds of investments (dumping real estate, buying precious metals) for some time now. If the hordes need to be brought to their knees for their own good, it's none of our affair. Similarly the use of religious and social issues to render more malleable the teeming masses is no vice, in the end it's for their own good.

I just want those of us who are Awake to feel no shame in it, to luxuriate in the radiance of full consciousness and to have faith that all works for the best of those who deserve it.

Take it from the longhaired libertarian.

Rock 'n roll.

You are not awake.

You wanna know how I know you are not awake?

Because you actually think you are.

Being awake implies an actual understanding that you did not have before... So come on man, give us some enlightening information that is going revolutionize the way we all live...

You're OP is not one of them, @$$ holes have been around for a long time.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The OP claims to be a Yaleie. This may or may not be true, but regardless, an old school Yaleie would have some sense of noblesse oblige. In this case, though, the OP just seems to want to rub everyone's nose in his own superiority. I must therefore conclude that the OP is either a liar, or undeserving of a place at a distinguished institution which he claims to be a member of.

So what is the actual case?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
isnt yale where skull and bones is from? g bushes lil clubhouse and campout friends that like to hide in a grove out in cali?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You have a seventh grade indoctrination. It is clear you have much more than 7 years of education. Many people think that education begins and ends with an institution, but many of us know better. I never judge someone by their degree. I have met many with advanced degrees that can memorize and spout out what they have learned and cant think their way out of a relatively simply problem on their own. Much like the educated sorts who got us into this lovely economic mess we are in, as you point out so nicely.

Yeah I kind of failed at the indoctrination thing. It’s hard to do school when your social and intellectual circle starting at the age of six are all elderly people who have been politically and academically active their whole lives. I have seen better written comic books than some of the nonsense they tried passing off as fact and history in school. They really couldn’t afford to let me hang, since I have a propensity to be somewhat incorrigible.

I love learning and I love people. I sure hate some of the things people choose to do, but the reality is there is a conspiracy to only provide a limited amount of choices of dubious quality to most people. It’s a do as I say, don’t do as I do system that just isn’t managed well at all. The ruling classes just can’t see the value beyond the box of a fear induced state that they have always lived in themselves because the line that separates and protects them from the less affluent, privileged and often under educated masses is just so glaringly thin to them.

The majority of the few who by accident, good fortune, or design see, think, and live outside of the box who are cognizant have always been easier to absorb, corrupt and bribe into playing ball when they step over that thin line and start playing the game absent of the rules, the rules maker’s create in the do as I say, don’t do as I do system of governance.

That’s all the OP is trying to do, he should have thrown in a set of free Ginzu Knives and taken a good sales seminar first. It’s a desperate attempt to maintain an illusion of control in the face of everything falling apart on them and lack of time to go back to the drawing board.

My maternal grandfather was without a doubt the kindest and most compassionate soul I have ever met. Worked his way to an advance PHD, ran a thriving factory that created a product he invented and patented with what he learned in his studies. Never raised is voice in anger, or struck a violent blow in his life, and the first to take his shirt off his back to give it to a stranger in need, and the first to cry foul in a civilized way when he smelled or spotted a deception, lie or unfairness in the world.

The powers that be fear the masses when they are sleep. They are terrified of them when any significant number is awake. I would be too with crimes like theirs to have to answer for.

They could have led us to something greater and better. Instead they merely subjected us to their own follies, vagaries and vices.
What kind of leader who readily admits he cares not a wit about anything but self would have the unmitigated gall to ask for another chance and allegiance after all the chances they have had and deliberately screwed up through callous greed, laziness, sadistic and vein pleasures and a genuine disregard for life itself?

Awake my butt. These guys have been asleep at the wheel for so long they should all have crash dummy costumes.

Thanks for the supportive and encouraging words. Good luck to you in the days ahead and fight the good fight brother.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
So, basically, the OP just wanted to inform us how much better he is than the "rest" of us?

Awesome.

Well, I have news for you, oh-enlightened-one: Spending $40,000 a year on undergrad is not exactly an enlightened choice.

Oh, and not to mention that this doesn't seem like a thread someone truly "Awake" would make.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Cutwolf]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

Good work, keep it up

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RR98

The OP claims to be a Yaleie. This may or may not be true, but regardless, an old school Yaleie would have some sense of noblesse oblige. In this case, though, the OP just seems to want to rub everyone's nose in his own superiority. I must therefore conclude that the OP is either a liar, or undeserving of a place at a distinguished institution which he claims to be a member of.

My guess is he is a first generation scholarship student who’s done a good job at ingratiating himself into the trusted lower or mid level ranks of the powers that be as a lackey or hack.

He isn’t meaning to come across as arrogant but confident to inspire fear and awe. They are all still into those “Shock and Awe” type catch phrases and mentality. He is trying to portray a position of strength to inspire you not to take advantage of their increasing weakness by attempting to awaken and rally others to stand against them as they try yet again to realign an overgrowth of undesired livestock that they have become trapped in part out of greed of continually overgrowing and mismanaging and in part out of fear as the institutions they have developed to maintain order and a insularly line of privacy and secrecy have taken on a power and life of their own. They can’t challenge the morality of the manufactured religions they have created to maintain separate and sometimes competing power bases that they turned to cut the cost of bread and circuses and have become hostage themselves to the illusion those institutions have created in making a circular trap that prohibits them from curtailing breeding in more humane ways without risking revolt from the masses who have more fear and ignorance instilled in them through the religious institutions than by the governments themselves.

They are screwed right now. They don’t know how long Obama can cover their escape route and regrouping to strategize before people start clamoring to have crimes from 9-11 to the busting out of the banks and the stock markets investigated and dealt with. Obama can’t stem the tide long and they are weighing their moves and options trying to gauge the real strength of the opposition to them and the capabilities of it in assessing their chances of a bold move to reconsolidate their waning power or to hightail it to Paraguay.

The girls are really pretty there, too bad half the New World Order are homo-sexual deviants huh? Can’t blame them, greedy nut jobs I wouldn’t be thrilled about having to marry my sister either let alone having to sleep with her.

They are running scared now. They have had to abandon dozens of their institutional fronts to hide the thefts and manipulations. They have plenty of money but a poor ideology that attracts only mercenaries and the morally bankrupt. Mercenaries like the morally bankrupt only care about themselves and aren’t prone to suicide missions or loyalty.

Looks like the intermarriage idea has backfired on them, their numbers are thin, their traditional venues of recruitment are thinning as they have to close down those fronts, and they are extolling the lower ranks and the hacks to take the temperature and try to stem the mounting tide through appeal and coercion.

No he’s not old money, but he sure is in love with it!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by manganesejolt

you say i am asleep , " unenlightened " and other insults - UTTER TWADDLE - i simply refuse to embrace your delusions

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
what a load of crap it is up to us all to wake those that are asleep
people that are asleep there only crime is they trust to much or are good people that dont believe such evil exists
we have to let them know

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
This just in: university mind slave tries to justify the status quo. Other university mind slaves agree with him.

This thread is nothing but a pathetic ego infused atempt to justify selfishness. The OP is probably feeling dead inside, having lost the true meaning of his humanity.

People, that are people, owe it to each other to help the community. People, that are parasites (and here we have most of the supposedly 'higher educated') just leech off the system.

Here's the shocker, if your philosophy wins your world will die too. Because parasites can't survive without the host they invariably kill. If the NWO order scenario wins it won't last 1000 years, the tyranny will be so great it will collapse under it's own evil in just a few short generations. You cannot build a civilization on selfishness, it's a negative energy, it consumes. Just looking around with open eyes shows this. That the OP can't see it makes me think he's not as awake as he thinks he is, just leaning towards the dark side because it makes him feel better than everyone else, which is one of the root psychological problems of the current social meltdown.

If the NWO wins then we're back to rubbing sticks together.

Sorry for the harsh words, but you're grasping at straws here.

Let me first just say that was a great response. I have not read through the whole thread, but I imagine the OP is staging some sort of satire, where he tries to mimic what an NWO elitist might say in order to justify the things he does. The moment he said he was from Yale, I laughed out loud.

Those who are "Awake" will fair no better than those who are unaware of the evil that has surfeited in our society. I can tell you that even Senators and Congressmen eat HFCS, drink fluoridated water, and perhaps even get mercury laden vaccines. Only those at the very capstone of this corrupt system escape all these attempts at ruining our health. Rothschild has his own estate where he grows and eats his own food (I wonder why?). If a NWO were ever to be instated, you can be guaranteed all the police, corrupt politicians, and top ranking army officials who bowed down to their masters will be the first to go. Enjoy your hubris, you'll fall with the rest of us soon enough.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
When I read the title of this thread I thought "WTF" but I am glad I read it, star and flag!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

These words are foolish. While it is true you are your own force or "light", rather than want to be free from those who have not gained the knowledge, which may i say could be for many reasons, you should want to spread your light and help others, for it is only through this that you inturn will grow. Negativity and selfish acts will only harm your flame dear one.

Bless it be.

Krung

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
post by manganesejolt

The Preterite and the Elect are and always will be separate. The preterite, the sleeping, the cattle, they're doomed. The irony is they will never be able to understand the noble words you use and they'd tear you apart if you tried to make them see.
Please, your Calvinist Covenant of Grace colonization and new world slavery philosophy may be a fine example of your own ego rendering itself as a predestined aspect of an Elect favoured by Divinitive grace, but my friend, you are wallowing with the very pigs you deem asleep. Your self inclusion into the realms of the Awake or Elect is that only. Self inclusion. Not predestined. You are a slave to an ideal for yourself. You have realised you do not have to wallow in its slavery, but instead of breaking these very bonds and rallying your brethren to arms you would rather replace those bonds with the impression that you are part of the Elect.
But surely the Eelct would not have to clense themselves of any guilt by forming a reason as to why they have no obligation to the sleeping. It would simply go without saying amongst the Elect, Awake or Elite. Yet here you are sir, awake and explaining why you have no obligation, why?
Because you know.
Because you know what you are.
One with the cattle.
A slave. A slave that thinks he is free is the biggest slave of all. Are you awake now.

edit to get reply post link.

[

[edit on 1-3-2009 by atlasastro]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Errr.. Wow.

I can't even read half these posts.. Is it just me or do alot of these posts sound like histrionic silliness. I know that everyone here means well in their own mind and that being "awake" is a relative metaphor for thinking you know things that other people don't.. But comon. Alot of this stuff sounds like semi-poetic nonsense someone spent way too much time putting together.

The facts here are being drowned out by personal biases and huge egos..
The overall point of this thread is simply this..

This is a nation by the people, not necessarily for the people.
Alot of folks are so wrapped up in their own deluded perception of reality that they don't even see what is going on in this country right in front of their very noses. It is time to leave your preconcieved notions and well-meaning, "for the public good" B.S. behind you. There is no "public good". There is only "Private good". The "public" has no friggin clue what is really going on and the people and the secret societies that actually run this world would have it no other way.

It is time for everyone to re-assess what they truly value in life. Our future and our children's futures depend on what happens in the coming months and years. For so long, so many people have simply had "faith" in our politicians when they have no idea the level of corruption or stagnation of our political system and its overall economic structure. This is our country. Why have we, for so long, allowed it to progressively get worse?

I wanted to leave this post on somewhat of a lighter note..So forgive me if it doesn't make sense to do so.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
What becomes of those to whom any substantial amount of information is unavailable? The way of life for many (numbering into the billions) precludes the gathering of data that is presumably necessary for understanding anything most of you have been speaking of (e.g., "9/11 was an inside job", "a New World Order is either in the making or already in operation"). The few dollars a day and meager time currently available to most world citizens does not allow for one to sit down and peruse the archives or understand what is behind government corruption and the average citizen's place in it all. As we see with the impoverished who are so frequently drawn into rebel groups, they rely on someone presenting a convincing story and compelling them to take up arms against some assumed form of corruption. This rarely results in what we might call "true [material] enlightenment", and instead hands over the slaves-turned-fighters to yet more slavery under the reins of their new army general. If they have the good fortune of being informed by someone who truly does hold the keys to awareness, it is again reliant on something the OP and his supporters don't encourage--the active pursuit of sleeping minds by those who are already awake. Spiritual enlightenment (whether an awareness of self or of some form of higher power apart from the tangible world) has always been free and available through individual effort, but that isn't what the OP is speaking of as becoming awake.

The problem seems to be that most of you are applying the standard of living of your own little speck on the map to the entire world, forgetting that for most, the required books, documents, computers, etc. are either not available or not affordable. The only information received is that which is given by the "awake" and willing. As I'm in disagreement with most of you regarding what constitutes the most important form of awareness, this doesn't really have any bearing on my beliefs. It does, however, weigh heavily on the argument of the OP and his supporters.

The question then becomes whether or not there is a moral objection here to the failing of billions who will be left by the wayside (if the OP is correct), without any fighting chance for becoming aware of their position in relation to their de facto slave drivers. Is that a problem for any of the supporters of "letting a sleeping sheep lie"?

I'm seeing shades of A Confederacy of Dunces in the OP's words; I suspect this thread is an attempt at satire. The fact that he hasn't bothered to respond to any replies seems to support this. Bearing that in mind, I'll just leave these questions to those who are in sincere agreement with him.

[edit on 1/3/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Think about how things really work.

It is not that sailing ship moves because wind is "pushing" it.
It is because the vacuum "pulls" it.
That is aerodynamics.
So departing may have much better effect than pushing.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Everything is available in overabundance. From Heraclitus, Anaximandar, Zeno, Buddha, Lao Tze, Eckhart, Spinoza, Descartes, Nietzsche, Baudrillard, Debord, Castaneda, end so on... I won't even mention true artists...

Its in libraries, on the Internet, in peoples' mouth...
But, you have to stop sleeping in the first place.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is from one of my essays on Hope...

I "hope" it will clarify a few things brought up on this provocative thread.

In man there is a fear that he will disperse, waste, disappear if he doesn’t guard his possessions, including the one most valuable possession – knowledge. There also exists in him great unclearness in regards to his abilities and powers to influence and help others, namely: where is the measure there? It is true that love is that measure, but love is limitless and inexhaustible, and it is not in everyone. If love expresses itself too much within human world, what will happen?

How can a man live lonely, and even if at some moment it appears quite possible, and not feel the connection with others, the essential, the inner one, through the same force that makes him? Because love doesn’t act from the outside on people, but from inside. From inside it melts passions and defenses.

Still, in human world, it is as if this force is almost totally disabled.

In Mahayana Buddhism there exists an idea, idea that during life awakened man does not elevate himself into the abstract nirvana, but keeps living on this Earth and do everything to help beings who suffer, so they would also overcome suffering. Such man is called Bodhisattva. Of course, any Christian who experienced divine love, does not differ from such “awakened” Buddhist – the future Buddha.

This idea, however, provokes lots of skepticism due to the fact that everyone must make his own effort to overcome the suffering, and someone who had already overcome can only show the way to the others, not more than that. So what sense does it make to delay change of habitat, if there is no real motivation for that? And in an awakened man there really exists no motivation, a man alighted with knowledge, i.e. love, has no more business with dualities such as good-evil or life-death.

But, maybe this is a false dilemma, maybe there is a motivation, but in those who still suffer, maybe their very hope is that motivation which moves Bodhisattva? Maybe those who suffer lend motivation to those who are already free? It seems that there exists some invisible interaction.

And it seems that this is so. Because the one who knows and possesses love has no more fear for himself, and understands that the difference between him and the others is nonessential. The veil of individual life melted before the force of love and revealed others as one and the same existence, so Christian in every man sees Christ, the common essence.

Friend, do not forget
hidden in grove
plum blossom!

They say for Basho that he was a loner, dominant feeling in his poetry is exactly that „sorrow of loneliness“. He lived as a monk, although among people, surrounded with his students. He would hit the road alone, write, and then return. His poetry radiates so much love that this discussion of mine slowly nears the solution – if we are looking for a way by which someone can help others to overcome their prejudice, then it is clear that poetry is by all means one of those ways. And the source of poetry is poet who unselfishly radiates it.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

[edit on 1-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join