It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians do talk funny!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was watching the Canadian hockey playoffs last night on CBC, and the sports caster was talking...
I'm also canadian, and thought that you guys were just being dicks and making fun to make fun, but as I was listening, it became quite clear that canadians do talk funny! I laughed my ass off for about 20 mins, I started to cry it was so funny.

So it is true, it wasn't a lie after all LOLOL!!

Listen next time your watching hockey (cdn) and you'll hear the aboots, oot, doon (down)... They actually sound like newfie's...

Grab a beer and just sit there listening to how he talks.. You'll see it too, hopefully...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well when I went on holiday to the Caribbean it was just British and Canadian people, and I thought they spoke funny...but then again I think Americans' speak funny, I mean come on, you don't have the energy to spell 'night' properly and you say 'ass'
I have no problem with either nations, they're both brilliant, they bring me cool tv shows and maple syrup.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Wahchoo tawkin aboot, eh?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My friend is from toronto and he only says some words funny. But he does say "eh?" at the end of all of his questions. lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Well when I went on holiday to the Caribbean it was just British and Canadian people, and I thought they spoke funny...but then again I think Americans' speak funny, I mean come on, you don't have the energy to spell 'night' properly and you say 'ass'
I have no problem with either nations, they're both brilliant, they bring me cool tv shows and maple syrup.

When I came over here, I thought American's have accents, which they do, but I thougth us Canucks didn't.

So after a few months of being here and turning on canadian hockey, I found myself peeing my pants because it's true!! LOL Still funny when I think about it.

And just because something is funny doesn't mean I have anything against them. I don't know what you meant by both countries are brilliant, I was actually pointing out somehting I never knew... Not knocking them.

Good ole Canucks! I miss you guys!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Soory a-boat that eh, lemme just grahb my pahnts. Oh yah! Soory, Im a bit of a hoser eh.

I get a kick of talking to my girl in Edmonton. Half the phone conversation is me attempting to repeat what she says in her accent.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know what you means, we do talk a bit differently. The other day, I was told by a british women that Quebecers have a sexy accent when speaking english

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Which sports caster, true lies?
Those guys are all dicks... lol.
GO LEAFS GO!!!
hahaha

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
GO LEAFS GO!!!
hahaha

lol parrhesia, i second that!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

heh

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't know, it was on CBC thurs or fri night.....

Calgary was playing Vancouver, I was listening real close just to see if it was true and the guy starts talking " he's gooin doon to cenerrr ice, buddy shoots the puck ooot blah blah blah, he sounded like a newfie to compare accents...

I've caught myself saying oot and aboot my husband makes fun of me everytime, can't let one slip by him, so I make fun of him cuz he talks like a yank...

you know how they gotta extend their words all the time with the ayyeee... llike yeeaaahh, or gatta instead of gotta......

I'll have to get back to you on who it is... wish I knew.:bash: on myself.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by parrhesia
GO LEAFS GO!!!
hahaha

lol parrhesia, i second that!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

heh

Ya'll cheated. Calgary 4 life!!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Folks in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan talk that way too.

top topics

join