It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

powdered food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ramon noodles, pasta, dehydrated meat, banana chips, apple slices and what have you, are all good BoB items. trouble is they take up room. What are your thoughts on putting said items in a blender and whipping them into a powder? Although it would weigh the same they would still have the same nutritional value. Anybody see any downside to this?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well if you're doing that to try and store more stuff, just know that a lot of that food is vacuum-sealed, I imagine that if you can't seal it up properly again, it won't last long. When you open that stuff you let bacteria in too, so even re-sealing it properly might not get the same shelf life. I think they irradiate or heat most sealed food nowadays, just to make sure they are sterile inside, which makes it last longer.

You might want to look at growing food if you're that worried.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't know about meat, but you can get powdered dairy products, milk, yogurt, custard.etc. I think you can also get powdered egg.

They taste disgusting though.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I say learn how to make traps, hunting equipment, fishing equipment and fire. After that you are set. Just hunt and gather your own food and learn to cook it over a fire you learned how to make (without matches because someday you may no longer have matches).

Raist

new topics

top topics

join