It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 2009 and not 3000BC or 4500AD, thoughts on Mind of God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Over the last few weeks, i've come to a struggle as to why I am here in 2009 and not sometime else....where ever that may be. Anyone understand what I mean?

Lets talk about God for a second, i will use the term 'Mind of God' here for this post as this is how I perceive it to be, not an entity as what most seem to believe (christian faith that is) but one that is of pure energy with 'Intelligence'.

I came to the conclusion that time is an illusion and that the Mind of God is simultaneous in all forms, with the click of a finger, all realities and time is happening 'now'. So how come I am here in 2009 and not another era of time?

I realised that perhaps our soul/spirit, chooses where to 'focus' on. So I'm living multiple lives simultaneously all over the universe but focusing on 'Marty' in the forever now. This train of thought lead me to also believe that we are all part of the Mind of God, everything is God, and nothing is 'outside' of it. Perhaps this is how God gets to know itself, allowing everything to occur in multiple realities so 'all' can occur, and thus a greater wisdom, without interference unless perhaps when you call for such an experience to occur in your own life, who knows, only this intelligence does...

So im sharing 2009 with every other spirit/soul who also chose 2009 to be experienced, does that make sense?

Thanks for listening

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You are smokin some really gooooooooood sh!t.

All jokes aside, why can't you just be here now? If this was 2000 BC, would you ask the same question?

What if you are here now because there was a biological process involving taking DNA from your mom and DNA from your dad, and when they combined, you came into existance now. Just one giant fluke.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good point there actually, and you know what, I thought of the DNA answer too. I also believe that our spirit/souls are attracted to the DNA that best resembles the 'thought' or personality of that spirit/soul, so my DNA is best for the spirit personality that I have.

Also, I don't have a soul/spirit, but I'm a spirit/soul that has a body.

I believe that our thinking process happens in a higher realm, and our brain is the vehicle that translates these thoughts into a chemical reaction to make our bodies function..... getting off topic here, but there ya go

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I hear you... I think about why the hell I am even here at all, 2009... Earth... this body. What gives man!

The fact of the matter is, here we are. Experiencing what it is like to be human. Having a unique subjective perspective by which to observe this world.

You see, reality is really just one big MMORPG, and we like RPG addicts that we are, have gotten sucked into yet another avatar on Earth, and off we go having our little life adventure in this grand game.

When the game is over, we proceed on to the next game, the next life as you will.

One big virtual arcade. And we dreamed all of it. Each of us. As one.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ahhh matrix style eh??

Well yeah, I believe in re-incarnation, but not like most do, some tend to believe that karma has its effects by doing something wrong, the next life you get punished.... I say that you could be punished first before you commit the karmic crime....

Again this is in the line of thought that all existence is simultaneous, so logic is out the door with that one.

Perhaps I needed this lifestream to learn something specific, well bring it on, I ain't learned anything yet!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

this is really not an understandable theory. the Unity theory states that all are interconnected, and that connection had no relation to time (as in 2009) for as einstein proveed, time is an illusion of man.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Awesome post Marty. I've thought about this often as well. But I must digress from your point, no matter how beautiful such a scenario is.

I think your conception of "you" actually develops after "you've" been alive for sometime. When I was young I just remember running about and living, and not thinking about it. Our psychology develops as we grow older and there is a more definitive "you". Ultimately, you're a bunch of cells extracted from the environment (food, other raw materials), funneled through your mother's placenta and configured in a form that was deemed suitable after millions of years of evolution. You were born today because you are exactly what you are. Your psychology gives you a place of reference in time. The body you are living in never existed before conception. Life really is beautiful. It's a "separating off" of a temporarily self-maintaining part of the universe. I guess we see beauty differently. I see it not in the permanence and ubiquity of self-existence, but in the uniqueness, in the fragility and absolute improbability of a one-shot life coming into being, never to be experienced again in all eternity.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
from what I understand, I think you just summed up all I wrote above......

The illusion is of man, yes, and yes all are interconnected, but what I was saying is that the extra step, is where we decide to focus on....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Actually, Marty. If I could believe in both I would. And according to your philosophy, I technically can. Wow... very deep. I'm glad you wrote this post. It's very poetic in some respects.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

More of fun play on a metaphor to modernize our incarnating cycles. I've done my fair share of soul searching. As I hope we all would, there is much in our souls to be searched.

From my personal bank of experience, I remember existing before this life. My pre-life memories definitely help when dealing with here now.

It impresses me that we do exist as an immortal being, but subject ourselves to the experience of mortality. Yet our mortal self, is very much, as mortal as can be.

Eternity is a hell of a long time to perfect reality.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

okay... i get what you are saying now. you sound like you believe in reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

Not reincarnation... more like perpetual existence. All our individual experiences are just a conglomeration of the infinitude of experiences that a single universal entity captures through each of us.

One question I have though. In your world, when we die, does this "consciousness" that is IN me right now get transferred into a new body?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I understand what your saying and I see a similar picture myself, what I wonder then is why arent we able to fully shift our perspective back into the etheric state and then into one of our other bodies so to speak, or at least mmm.

You place too much importance in I. If we are all one consciousness that is god, outside of time and within it, then the real "You" will break down quite quickly after death I would assume and be re submerged in the whole, portions of what at one time where you may go out again to be used in the formation of another part of "The Human" body but I dont think its "You" exactly.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My brother has had an Experience with Salvia divinorum that had him come to a very similar conclusion, he has tried to explain to me what he saw only to confuse me. He mentioned endless selfs he met all living on different planes of reality with his overall mind connected to every one of them.

So my vote is ur smoking Salvia

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Argh, don't bring drugs into this convo, the thread will get deleted!!!

From my understanding, after death, we go back to the god source, or the part of god that you are directly connected to...

I believe physical reality is an illusion of separation from God......its all around us and within us, and we are all interconnected, but we have no sense of connection, unless of course you go into deep meditation, which I've had no success in doing......

Also lets say for example, we are constantly jumping to different realities, to suit the realities of others around you, you're all on a freeway type reality, and changing lanes to match others.... You are in someone elses focused reality, and they are in yours, but all is eternal now....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
One of my law teachers once said something to me which I think fits this situation.

All Cows are Mammals, but not All Mammals are Cows.

Were a portion of the essence, not the whole. There is a reason why we are here now, sadly the process of being here makes us forget why, and our bodies lock us into this reality (to some degree I could argue we all experience slightly different realities or at least multiple realities just that we realize but thats another thread).

Start with yourself and your purpose I guess, let the other parts of you do what they where meant to do, whilst you do your best to remember what your meant to do.

Rereading your last post.

What if each one of us is a focal point for an individual creation, every human branches off and essentially weaves the gaps between time / space creations through their own perception.

Arrgh its too early for this ill come back later.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger

What if each one of us is a focal point for an individual creation, every human branches off and essentially weaves the gaps between time / space creations through their own perception.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by gYvMessanger]

Thats what I'm getting at, you're spot on...... this is how I believe it works, we're weaving in and out of our own individual realities, whilst matching with those around you and combining into a 'group' reality. So we have the individual, the group, and the planet, then the universe... nicely said

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just some information Salvia is not an illegal drug and not regulated as one, you can walk into any head or tabacoo shop to purchase it completely Legal, so im not sure if that would get this discussion banned.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Just some information Salvia is not an illegal drug and not regulated as one, you can walk into any head or tabacoo shop to purchase it completely Legal, so im not sure if that would get this discussion banned.

Fair enough, although I think here in Australia it is illegal....gotta find out, thanks for letting me know anyway

Edit: Just found out, it is indeed illegal here in Australia since 2002

[edit on 28/2/2009 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

oh whoops not thinking globally there typical American huh?
yes it is legal in the US, dont know about else where.

On that note though I think it should be, My bro had a BAD trip after his first and questioned all of reality for 3 months, he was convinced everything was an illusion. Look for the holographic universe post, he was convinced life was something like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join