It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Soldier Confirmed Taken Hostage in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I read in the local paper that the 3 Japanese hostages have been released is this true?

Anyway i hope they let this U.S soldier go.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
yes the 3 japaneese have been released, as for the us soilder they are actually saying they will give them the Iraqi POW's for the US Soilder if im not mistaken, i did hear it on the news but not sure if it is online anywhere.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I read in the local paper that the 3 Japanese hostages have been released is this true?

But wait........!
Didn't these same people who kidnapped the 3 Japanese hostages claim and declare that they would kill them if Japan didn't withdraw their troops?

Hmm, Japan didn't withdraw their troops and yet the people who kidnapped the Japanese hostages let them GO?! Whats up with this picture?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As far as I am aware the Japanese troops are not deployed in combat operations but are playing a defensive role, protecting diplomats and aid workers. I have seen nothing about Japanese troops taking ground or quelling uprisings etc. I would be happy to read some info if you can find otherwise though.

Maybe Japan secretly negotiated. Expressed their intentions and role in Iraq and assured the resistance that they would not be participating in offensive operations. You have to ask yourself why was the Australian women released after being taken hostage for 20hrs? I also believe there was a British man taken hostage but released. Whats up with that?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
cargo...great explanation in defense of those captors but dude, those same captors, when making and placing their demands, did not specify whether Japan had troops in active combat zones or in the rear supporting humanitarian efforts....they demand that the troops be withdrawn, period.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This is always shocking and so sad.

And beyond frustrating.

What strikes me is when I see these young
men and women in Iraq I see people who
are in my opinion children.

They have not really lived yet and that is
just sad.

For this young man to meet a fate like this in
a godforsaken' place like Iraq is just so wrong
on every possible level.

When will this insanity in Iraq end?

Is this Al Sadr the next Bin Laden?

Have we created an Islamic nation of radical
shiites?

It seems in Iraq we really are damned if we
do and danmed if we don't!

Gazz

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
To all soldiers:

Think of it this way. Without you, who will do the fighting? How can wars be waged without your efforts, participation, and support?

You chose to join the armed services, and if you get into some sh*t, you asked for it. So don't complain. And also, don't complain when your own gov's Veterans Admin. treats you like a used shoe. It's in the gov's nature to do so because they never cared about you in the first place. You're just fodder to them, a means to an end, and very easy to replace.

If you want to go fight for some old farts parading around in three-piece suits like they own the world, then be my guest. Just don't expect to be rewarded for it...except by a cheap purple heart, or worse, a body bag. And don't be fooled by those stupid war memorials the gov erects in your honor. They are propaganda strategies designed to bolster sentiment, incite sorrowful emotion, and help to quel suspicion about the real agenda behind the Vietnam war by inciting a backlash towards anyone who proposes that 'nam vets died in vain.

If you always seek to know the REAL truth of why you're being asked to fight, you will find that it has never anything to do with compassion and goodwill towards a suffering nation or people; and that your blind support will cause unimaginable destruction and suffering on both sides. Remember the psychological aspects too. In Vietnam, about 58,000 US troops died. But most don't know that an additional 50,000 veterans commited suicide following the war. If Saddam Hussein was a ruthless dictator (a puppet of the globalists), then it is up to the Iraqi people to toss him out of office. They can only blame themselves, especially their police and military, for supporting this wacko puppet dictator. Likewise with any dictator or fascist leader past, present and future. It is too easy to blame the leaders who can do nothing but give orders and commands. But the true blame is on us, the citizens, the ones whom without our support the "leaders" have no power. So in reality, our so-called leaders mean nothing. They are indeed weak, yet we gaze upon them as "great thinkers" and icons of the "American ideal." We so willingly relinquish our independence of thought, our liberties, our decision-making, and our power over to them. Can we not think for ourselves? Can we not think logically? Do we even need a leader? Do we need stupid rules and laws? Do we need to be ruled? Why this insipid fixation on always looking for someone to lead us? Why do we bother even voting? Voting, the myth of Democracy, the "separation of powers," and public representation are all part of an insidious scam designed to choke the flow of real and meaningful public participation in state policy making. Why can we not instead listen to the advice and teachings of truly wise people; then make personal and informed decisions?

As for that captive US soldier with the 10-month old kid, all I can say is TOO BAD. He and other soldiers need to get their heads out of their a$$es and wake up to the death and carnage they themselves are inflicting on the so-called "enemy," which is many times greater than what the mightier US forces experience. At least this US soldier can fight without worrying about his family being bombed back in the US. His family is still safe in the US, and free to cook barbeque, watch movies, visit Disney World, bitch about the mall closing too early, and lounge around being good little consumers that they are. Not so for the Iraqi people who live and work in a war zone. Imagine your *entire* family being killed or mamed, your home destroyed, US snipers killing at random---even children (something CNN never mentions), and paranoid coalition soldiers loitering around like vultures with heavy trigger fingers. And here we're expected to feel sorry for a single US soldier who is contributing to a war effort that is responsible for over a hundred thousand Iraqi deaths since Desert Storm? Are we to be so surprised at the anger and desparation coming from the Iraqi side?

Soldiers, wake up to the fact that you're being used and manipulated. You mean nothing to the globalists except as tools of fear and control. You have become nothing but thugs and racketeers for the globalist mafia. Think about what you're doing and just quit. If the war mongering globalists want a war, then let them fight it themselves. See just how far they get fighting their own battles. Is it not better to be home with your family, and knowing that in other countries other people are safe from US imperialist terror?

And here's a great way to deactivate any residual reverence for those who "lead" us. Just imagine them without their clothes on. See how rediculous they look without their pompous attire.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
First of all we should not be in Iraq in the first place. This is crazy, it is not our place to be organizing this countries infastructre. The UN needs to be there, not us! At least with Sadam in power there was peace amongst the 3 major groups in Iraq, except they were severely oppressed.

I am feeling for the families of the hostages and fallen victims. I keep asking why are we there? For the false WMD's? I say we pull out of Iraq and see how they do without us- the UN that is.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well like I said, the guy is an idiot for joining the army when he was expecting a kid and has a girl.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia
First of all we should not be in Iraq in the first place. This is crazy, it is not our place to be organizing this countries infastructre. The UN needs to be there, not us! At least with Sadam in power there was peace amongst the 3 major groups in Iraq, except they were severely oppressed.

I am feeling for the families of the hostages and fallen victims. I keep asking why are we there? For the false WMD's? I say we pull out of Iraq and see how they do without us- the UN that is.

but even if we did that, we're still the country that the UN uses for the majority of peace keeping troops so either way we would do most of it anyways.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Okay yes soldiers did sign up to join the military. And yes a few have joined because they wanted to help people but still. For what ever reason they joined the army we should support them. Even if the government may not care as some of you have said it is still our duty to support them. If it wasn't for the army we would still be fighting amongst ourselfs like we used too. We wouldn't have free speech or many other things. You guys have said Do we even need a government well if we didn't then quite frankly we would probably have beaten each other up and we would still have the many problems the government got rid of. Maybe there really is no need for the war in Iraq but those soldiers did sign up to fight and thats what they did and without them what would we do because they have gotten us out of alot of trouble and i hope that soldier does get home to his baby and his girl. He doesn't deserve it and no one does to be captured and held hostage but even if you think that they do you still should want them back. Because if they didn't volenteer guess who would be drafted you.. so be thankful... cuz basically if people didn't sign up they would probably draft you anyways.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Notright]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Hey!!! It's a war.

It happens.

I'm sorry if I don't get my tissues out.I know I wish I had the monopoly on Yellow Ribbons in the US.

This is the consequence of the US foreign policy.People die.10 to 1 you're more likely to die if you are an Iraqi.

Thank your lucky stars you're not an Iraqi,they didn't sign up!!!

What a cold and heartless creature you are...if you were in his place tough guy, you'd be crying for your Mommy. I thank my lucky stars I don't know you!

[edit on 30-6-2004 by SimpleMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join