It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

--> Stimulus protests across US today!!! <--

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

What armed force are they going to use though? Blackwater, excuse me Xe, isn't going to be trusted, if it isn't the US military or National Guard I just don't see it happening.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I just don't see it coming to light. I don't know.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

It will be mutiny on them, the troops will take the food. And pass it out. I just don't get it. The Military is not going to go along with an unconstitutional gov. and if it is a foreign military on our shores it will be all out war.

I mean every situation is a lose for them. Besides no army can train for an armed resistance of millions of people.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The protests are on Fox News right now...10pm PST.

I'd love to see some nearby this weekend to join.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

What armed force are they going to use though? Blackwater, excuse me Xe, isn't going to be trusted, if it isn't the US military or National Guard I just don't see it happening.

Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but I just don't see it coming to light. I don't know.

No, being optomistic is a good thing!!! It is still playing out for sure.
I personally think it will take a few more years but with a natural
disaster or something as a catalyst it could start earlier for sure.
Worst case we stocked up, got scared, had a few laughs and keep
going about our business. As time goes on more will realize this isn't
just another rough spot. Like you just said our current way of life
just is not sustainable in the long term, people feel it in their bones.
We are bideing our time and have been, I feel. I hope I'm wrong.

After the mass starvations and riots, disease and complete break
down of any law and order, there won't be any need for police with guns.
Food vouchers will be enough to control whatevers left of the population.
Just enough for the labor required to keep the s*** flowing.
As always, Inmymosthumbleandwarpedopinion!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

The Military is not going to go along with an unconstitutional gov. and if it is a foreign military on our shores it will be all out war. I mean every situation is a lose for them. Besides no army can train for an armed resistance of millions of people.

True. Maybe politicians really are complete idiots...

If they can't see what is headed are way then they have to be.

I would have never though this craziness would happen in my lifetime. I guess this will be this generation's great crisis to overcome. 9/11 will be small potatoes compared to this.

Hopefully people will unite like they did then.

Seeing the people of the US come together like that is always something to be proud of..let's hope that "sense" of patriotism rises again.

Let's just hope for no terrorist attacks...that is the X factor in it all. We actually have another one...our economy will instantly tank.

In reality this is the best time for them to strike...and something we DEFINITELY do not need right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Must be the cocky American in me that won't go down with out a fight.

I don't know I don't even see how it can last for a few more years. Every time Obama opens his mouth everything tanks, and that much more confidence is lost. I think he is intentionally doing this on purpose, but I don't think he realizes he is playing with fire, and we all know when you play with fire your going to get burned.

I think he is going to talk things down so much that it is going to send everything into a tailspin that he is not going to be able to control.

On the news right now Dick Morris a former adviser to Clinton is even saying Obama is really screwing up. He is pretty much saying that he is trying to keep every promise he made on the campaign trail, and it just isn't possible what he is trying to do.

He is literally declaring war on the wealthy, and this is coming from a Democrat. It is crazy, the guy also said in four years we are going to be wondering what we have done, and how are we going to get out of it.

It is crazy.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

We definitely are living the old Chinese proverb of "may you live in interesting times".

But you're right an unforeseen event happens and that is it, it is all going to blow. But then what is he going to do draft us? He just P.O.'d over half the country, and we are weary of war. I don't think China is going to fund another war.

I don't know, all I do know is that it is not good.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I don't think China is going to fund another war.

hell they might not even fund our debt anymore. There are so many things that could bring the country to it's knees right now. One thing is all it will take.

For instance, what if we get nailed by hurricanes again this season?

We can't handle that right now..there's no way.

People would be jobless and homeless...businesses wouldn't reopen...and the economy would take another staggering hit.

To tell you the truth...i'm usually just happy to make to each Friday every week, at least I know that the Dow can't tank for 2 days.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

They have two day to trade out the stocks and manipulate the Dow.

If Obama is smart he wouldn't want to get on the bad side of Wall Street right now. They are the holder of the reigns right now. All it would take is for them to let it drop and hit a circuit breaker and we are finished.

I hope nothing major happens, the fed gov is walking a thin read line as it is now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
If we don't know someone "elite", we may be screwed.

Um, gee, that does sound like the ticket. Perhaps they can barter their finest cigars and loan out their cellars of alcohol to appease the revolutionist.

I say those protests won't even put a damper on the agendas of TPTB. 'They' have bigger guns and copters, too!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I know huh!! If I want to be depressed on purpose
I just look at my 401K statement!

Thnaks for the laughs and posts!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I knew when Mccains economic advisor said we were whiners and Obama intended to put people in with the same "economic prowness" that got us into the mess in the first place,
we we're in trouble.
Thats when I knew for sure this was the middle of the end of the road.
It has been around a year now, about the time gas went through the
roof. Lets just say my self sufficiency plans overroad anything else.
I hope the peeps realize this is way bigger than anyones "plan" for
recovery in the near future. But I've been wrong before.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

You know thats not a bad idea, I never really thought about that!

Good tip!

They(elite)would still need need security and pampering!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I don't know, we are screwed, the only plan for recovery I see is a complete change in monetary policy and drastically reducing the size of government.

America's days of empire building is over. We will not be able to keep open our bases all across the world.

I think we are at the point to where not only us but the whole world is about to collapse and wake up to a cold hard reality.

I truly believe that this started off as intentional and now it has spiraled out of control. I think they are trying to loot everything that they possibly can just to bring us down in an attempt to make it easier for them to come back to power after things settle down.

That statement by Murdoch, about how dark dark times are ahead of us where the fundamentals of economies and countries will be redefined.

People are saying don't listen to it, it is just lies and blah blah blah, but in all seriousness the tone of the message was dark and sincere.

I don't know I think it is starting to hit home that the seriousness of this situation is dire and nobody knows the outcome. All we know is that things are going to be way different.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well kudos to those folks for atleast using their rights to protest. Ofcourse protests are nothing new.... this is actually the first time I see the rightwing protest... but I guess they aint majority anymore so yes cant say Im surprised.

So long as they dont get trigger happy and start shootin out of anger declaring "civil war" like many here I have no real concern.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Bill Hennessy, one of the organizers, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he was inspired by Rick Santelli, a commentator for CNBC. Santelli, an opponent of the plan, called for another Boston Tea Party.

Let's give credit where credit is due

I had a gut feeling his rant would touch a few nerves !!

&dist=msr_1]from a link in the OP

[edit on 28-2-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Hey man good thread! Bottom Nashville is Chattanooga though... ;-)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised that people are protesting. Me, I'm sleepy. They put so much fluoride in the water around here most of the time most of the time I don't know if I'm coming or going.

Gotta get some rest, have Noory's Friday c2c on my hard drive. Someone just called me at 2:00 am. Going back to sleep. God bless, signing off.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Where were these notions over the last 8 years? Concervative and lawless dictatorial rule are like going hunting with Chenney.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

You are right. We need to get back to producing and consuming locally.
We are ironically trying to prop up a corrupt, flawed and wastefull system with quick, expensive bandaid fixes. We need to let free market principles restore balance. However we aredoing the EXACT opposite! We fight each other daily believing our way is the right one, all the while ignoring the addiction to the unsustainable status quo. Too bad. We could be well on the way to recovery by now, if we hadn't of wasted oh....at least eight years or so. Or maybe 30? If we just could'a gotta handle on it sooner....
We've already let corporations and bankers seal our fate.

I'D SAY WE ARE A LITTLE LATE FOR PROTESTING! IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join