It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. sheriff looks to serve 80-year-old warrant from 1928

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
$30 in 1929 would be $370 in 2009

data.bls.gov...

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why is it whenever we see stuff like this, or legislatures outlawing the teaching of fractions etc its ALWAYS the south?

Just wondering

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A judge can't throw this out...he has to follow through with the execution of the warrant. What he CAN do though is if this guy is still alive is stay the warrant without costs and make it an offical service. I agree that it seems petty but it won't cost anyone anything...my guess is all they have to do is call down the hall to the coroners officer, check death records and this guys name will be there.

This is the problem..those of us who DO know the system and what WILL happen aren't up in arms over this, because even if the man is alive NOTHING but a warrant stay will happen..those who love to bash LE and have NO CLUE what the law/procedures are will call people names, say retarded stuff and wonder why many just shake their heads at you. IMO of course...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

No it shows that our sheriff has nothing better to do than call the local paper and get his picture taken.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Somehow I am just wondering if the sheriff has a sense of humor and decided to deliver it, to make conversation.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

FredT....teaching of fractions??!!??

Where in the heck did THAT come from????

Really....does an 80-year old warrant still apply, if the original 'debtor' is dead?.....I mean, can this actually transfer to the next of kin????

I'd think that, if there was money owed, the Estate would be held responsible......

Just guessin'............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join