It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]OMG some crazy lights over London is anyone else seeing them[HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Oooh, sweet, sweet, swee-heet!

This day at work is just gonna flyyy by!

Will keep this thread open in the browser...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Am interested to see this

Keep an open mind folks - no one is claiming that anything that has been seen is anything other than lights in the sky. There may be a reasonable explantion, or there may not, but there is no need whatsoever to go overboard on this at the moment.

Gotta keep a level head folks.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

It could be a black project being tested - I've seen strange lights before in Canterbury. The movement was very strange, stationary for a few minutes then rapidly moved. Halted and increased speed - moved too quickly.

Certainly was not a commercial aircraft.

For the record: I'm not the type (no offence) to proclaim little greenmen or publicly document an allege sighting of a UFO on ATS either.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi im a new member on this site. I joined to tell you people about an experience that happened to me some years ago, but that will have to wait for a while as its going to take me a while to get it written up. Anyway the reason i am posting is that when i went outside last night for a smoke about 10.45pm i noticed the sky had a very red tinge to it. It was as though i was standing under an umbrella. The sides were completey black as you would expect it to be at night but the sky above had a strange red colour. Ive never seen anything like it. I live in Poole, Dorset about 90 miles from London. Was just wondering if it had anything to do with the London lights.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm on the fence on this one and waiting for the video to be posted...

What did strike me as odd was that last night at the exact same time the OP saw the lights we had an powerfailure here in the region which lasted about 30/45min!!

I live on the border of Holland and Germany (about 1,5 hour away from London ,as the crow flies) and the infrastructure is pretty good, so we don't have much powerfailures. Did anybody else notice/experience electrical problems last night???

Peace

[edit on 28/2/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
At 9:20ish pm a few minutes ago I was in the dark walking up the hill my house is on when in the eastern sky there was an immediate orange light flying quite quickly south. I thought it was a plane at first, but then I saw in background of the cloudy night a commercial plane flashing it's lights and when the two were immediately side by side the differences were clear. It had no tail of any sort and it didn't increase in light intensity. Went online to see if I could get more info on this because I didn't know of any orange ufos.

Just correlating data.

EDIT:

I'm in pennsylvannia

[edit on 27-2-2009 by socrates271]

My wife and I were sitting outside smoking a cigarette about 3 weeks ago, and we seen a yellow-orange light streaking through the sky on a north to south path, I think it may have been the international space station. Just trying to give you an idea of what it could have been.

Creeping Death

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I live in the south east about 10 mile away from where he spot the strange object in the sky and i sighned in late this morning about 2am when i spoted this thread, have not notice anything though, and will keep looking and await truther's video. Most say about 5 years ago seen strange objects around here as well so can dispute what his saying.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
If this object/objects turn out being what I think it/they are , then that would mean a surge in sightings over this year. It would fit with the general trend of increased sightings... cant wait to see what the video contains !!!
:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I live down the road from you and last night was outside watching the moon and Venus in close conjunction as it was so clear(the night sky) and mild 10 deg. I started star gazing using my binoculars .I saw 5 sats but also had the same experience that I had a while ago of a star that flashed like a camera flash not a twinkle but a full on flash and when I have seen this before it seems to happen from out of nowhere however this one was definitely coming from a star in the south west .I carried on watching the star but it did not do it again .Here is a thread I made off my previous expierences.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
very interesting , need the vid proof and am sure something will pop up

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm waiting with cold feet for Truther to post that video!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by CryoPyro]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Funny you should say that cos last year while i was in the malverns i observed a flash high up in the night sky, not a flash that filled the sky but a small flash - i likened it to the cgi used when the enterprise or voyager of star trek goes into warp & disappears in a flash of white light.

Happened once & that was all.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Funny you should say that cos last year while i was in the malverns i observed a flash high up in the night sky, not a flash that filled the sky but a small flash - i likened it to the cgi used when the enterprise or voyager of star trek goes into warp & disappears in a flash of white light.

Happened once & that was all.

Interesting,mine also did not fill the sky the star flashed very bright just like seeing a camera flash from a distance.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

This was no star.

How, interestingly, I've experienced that "flash" you've been referring too. Witnessed the event about two-three nights ago - lit up the night sky.

Personally, I believed it was a comet breaking up in the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So 6 pages and still no pics or vid?

And you guys are still discussing this

well at least it gave you all something to do.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I just watched a youtube video from another thread and wondered if it could have been of Truther's lights over London but after going to Youtube it seems the video was posted on 25th February. However, interesting information about the video:-

Bright lights in the skies have baffled police and air-traffic controllers. The unidentified flying objects have been likened to similar strange orange glows seen over Liverpool and Essex. Witnesses said thousands of people may have seen the bizarre floating orbs.

Air-traffic controllers at Shoreham Airport and Brighton police said they had received inquiries about the UFOs, with as many as eight seen in the sky at one time.

James Gordon-Johnson, of Preston Park Avenue, Brighton, said he was leaving a restaurant in Shoreham with his brother at 11.30pm when he saw "what appeared to be a very big orange light in the sky". He added: "It was very, very bright but static - it wasn't rising or falling. Another one then appeared in mid-air. Then another. "It must have been somewhere over Hove Lagoon but the lights were so bright thousands of people must have seen them. "The next morning I got a phone call from a friend of mine who saw the exact same thing." Mark Sztopel, from Brighton, told The Argus he saw seven lights moving slowly in an easterly direction across the city at midnight. He added: "I'm a big plane enthusiast so I know what the lights and characteristics of a plane look like at night, and I can tell you now that these definitely weren't planes."

A spokeswoman for Shoreham Airport said staff had received emails from people inquiring about the glowing objects. She said: "We closed at 7pm so there was nothing happening here. We've no idea what they could have been." Police said they also received a report from a man in Hove who said he saw "approximately eight planes coming in over the sea, with no flashing navigation lights, towards Gatwick, in a dead line". Officers contacted air traffic controllers at Gatwick who said they knew of no movement in the area. Sue Heard, a police spokeswoman, said: "We were called out and made checks to establish it wasn't a known aircraft. "It certainly seems pretty baffling on the face of it but there was a meteor shower on Saturday so maybe the two are connected."

A cloud of comet dust produced a Leonids meteor shower over the weekend, which managers of Herstmonceux Observatory said peaked on Saturday night with a display of shooting stars.

UFO spotters have also linked the orange lights to sightings in Liverpool and Essex, recently revealed as hoaxes created using open flames suspended under plastic bags to produce mini hot-air balloons. But Mr Gordon-Johnson, 33, said: "These weren't meteors - there's no way they were meteors. They were far too big and bright and low in the atmosphere. "They looked like they were about 3,000 or 4,000ft up. As I kept looking at them they just sat there. I was trying to think of explanations but couldn't think of one. "It was very odd. If it was just a balloon you wouldn't have seen another just appear at the same altitude. There was no sound. Nothing at all."

Orange UFOs Over England!

Seems lights are being seen all over the UK and not just London. Can't wait to see Truther's video.

Edit to add link to the 'other thread'

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm interested to see this too..

I'm in Devon and have been watching out for that comet late at night but have not seen anything out of the ordinary.. or the comet to be honest.. beena bit cloudy these last two nights..hope tonights a bit better.

Some of the best UFO footage has come from the London area ovr the years, in particular of one that was hovering near a road and seemed to deploy a smaller craft.. will try to find the vid for that later.. i think it's already on ATS though.

Anyway, let's hope we've got a reasonably good video. Either way, I have no reason to doubt any claim anyone makes... I wasn't there, didn't see it and can only go on the word of others...

Good luck with upping the vid

I might be at work by the time you do that though.. so i'll have to wait until gone midnight tonight to see it..

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

I can confirm what you have posted, there have been a lot of sightings over Liverpool in recent weeks, in the past Liverpool has had thousands of reports of UFO'S some of them reported over 1 mile in diameter, a report from 1989 I think by three separate witnesses, claim they saw a huge black object rise from the river Mersey, and shoot straight up into the sky reported Here
Scroll down the page to see many more sightings in this area.

One famous sighting reported over Liverpool ended with this Crash in 1974 complete with earthquake felt by thousands of people.

The UK is definitely a hot spot and has been for over a year now.

Can I say it's very unfair that some of you made your minds up before giving truther a chance to post their video, making statements that you know for certain what it is, and you don't need to see the video, what is that all about? why are you even here if you already have the answers? I'm guessing that when they do put up their video, they wont receive an apology for your mistaken judgements, not saying any video will show a genuine UFO, but to make statements like those, well it's not right.

I want to see the video as much as anyone else, and judging by other posts, it seems truther was not the only person seeing objects last night, that surely speaks volumes?

Thank you for the thread truther.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Originally posted by Anubis3.14
If this happened to you, and you thought your sister got it on video, wouldnt you call her ASAP or just run or drive to her house immediately?

There is always the possibility that the OP has children, and didn't want to wake them up to go to his sister - and certainly didn't want to leave them alone in the house while he drove to his/her sister.

Just a thought.

Well, I dont know about you, but a real UFO would be something I wake my child up and bring them with me to my sisters for.
Sorry people, UFOs visiting earth take WAY more presidence over any person.
If it were just a few lights in the sky and I coudlnt make them out, could be jets, could be UFOs or anything, then no, but if your That sure about it, its very important and Im sure, on a sat night, it wont hurt.

And if this has been so wide spread, why isnt it on the news?
Something so large cant be covered up
[edit on 28-2-2009 by Anubis3.14]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Anubis3.14]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Whilst we await this video, I came across these youtube vids... (I posted them last night anonymously but they havent shown up so apologies if they do sooner or later)

Seems like London in particular received a good spraying yesterday...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Could this be related to the lights seen perhaps? HAARP? Blue Beam? U2
? Look forward to seeing the vid.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join