It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? Why? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that quite a few people don't read postings entirely or only pick a few words instead of entire statements and therefore deliberately project a false picture?

Are they incapable of comprehending complete sentences? Why do quite a few people judge so quickly instead of sending a U2U or just ask if they misunderstood something? Why is there so much ignorance in the first place?

If these people claim to "deny ignorance" and be "searchers of truth", I feel that they want to take the mickey out of others.

This was my rant. Greetings. Thanks. Over and out.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Usually what I will do, if a thread is like 37 pages, I will read the opening post and some after, then go to the end page and determine if the topic has been derailed, if that is the case, I usually just don't post or, if I feel it is important enough, I reply to the opening post of the thread , hoping topic gets back on track.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Agreed.

Sometimes it is like an argument between children.

'Is SO'!

'Is NOT'!

'Is SO'!

All the while, people could have been reading, researching, discussing the topic in question with intelligent debate and a far higher chance of coming to some kind of conclusion.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i always read the threads

lately i've been ending discussions by having the last post in alot of threads, by researching things and posting an explanation with proof to backup my point.

usually my grammar and spehling r betr than this post

The real complaint I have is when I do rebut something and I take the time to research my answer, and I am right - if the thread continues, the fanatics just ignore my post and refuse to acknowledge it because they have no way to win.

I don't post again in those threads, and I always check people's post histories when I am going to engage them - i've uncovered a few lazy hoaxers and liars in the past.

new topics

top topics

join