It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of alleged deputy assault released

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
UPDATE

KING 5 Video UPDATE

Justice Department looking into pursuing Felony charges against Deputy Schene

Assistant US Attorney Kelly Harris says the Justice Department just got its first look at the video Friday and that federal charges may be warranted. “We do have jurisdiction anytime there is an allegation of excessive force by a police officer,” said Harris. "It falls under deprivation of rights under the color of law. It's a federal criminal statute.”

When investigators asked Schene why he entered the girls cell his response was “One, not to get assaulted again. Two, to place her back on the bench in handcuffs.”

The fact that Deputy Schene considers what the girl did an assault and his response thereby preventing another assault seems to be the "status quo" of many LEA's these days. All he had to do is close the door, but instead he escalated it into an assault.

I hope this guy does get charged, so at least we can get this bad apple out of Law enforcement.

Curious.... Deputy Schene claims that he was hit by the shoe and thereby assaulted. I didn't see him get hit, but I'm not certain. Did anyone else think the shoe hit anything but the floor?

Also, even if the shoe did hit him at that velocity and location, should that be an assault? If he considered it assault why didn't he charge her with assault?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Curious.... Deputy Schene claims that he was hit by the shoe and thereby assaulted. I didn't see him get hit, but I'm not certain. Did anyone else think the shoe hit anything but the floor?

Also, even if the shoe did hit him at that velocity and location, should that be an assault? If he considered it assault why didn't he charge her with assault?

As much as I like to side with the deputy in what he did. I say the shoe didn't hit anything but the floor.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by merky

What 15 yr old is not cocky and a smart mouth. Think back when you were 15, how were you like in attitude toward adults. Typical kid...correct?

erm sorry no, don't lump me in with that, I can assure you if I was in a cell with a policeman at aged 15 I would NOT be giving any lip, I would have been SH ITTING myself over the reaction of my family and letting myself down.

Now, the reaction of this cop SEEMS OTT, but I wasnt anything like this lippy female, cocky, when arrested, kicking out shoes, certainly society is plagued with little pricks like that.

I bet that "girl" is a nightmare to have as a neighbour.......

[edit on 4-3-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Let me just say this. Fifteen year old girl or not? She could sure as hell learn a thing or two from Chris Rock.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

erm sorry no, don't lump me in with that, I can assure you if I was in a cell with a policeman at aged 15 I would NOT be giving any lip, I would have been SH ITTING myself over the reaction of my family and letting myself down.

Now, the reaction of this cop SEEMS OTT, but I wasnt anything like this lippy female, cocky, when arrested, kicking out shoes, certainly society is plagued with little pricks like that.

I bet that "girl" is a nightmare to have as a neighbour.......

[edit on 4-3-2009 by blueorder]

Alright she's lippy, lets give you the benefit here....Let's say she is lippy, rude, and very sassy. Does that give anyone the right to slam her around as was did? Does that give an officer of the law the right to man handle her? Anyone? You might want to read the very beggining of this thread, where we clarified the FACT that she wasn't kicking her shoes at him, she was kicking them TO him, its typical protocol for them to take shoes and belts when they put you in any cell. Usually they just take your shoe laces and belt but they will and can take your shoes if they choose. How your trying to justify this is still wrong and by miles sir. NO ONE has the right to man handle you over words, let alone a child half his size, and much weaker. I just cant believe you think being treated like she was is NOT an outrage, that in and of itself is an outrage. You clearly have never had much experience with Cops that take their authority (not their job mind you, just the power alotted to the badge they wear as part of their job) entirely too serious. I wish we had an icon for negatives....like how we have stars but for the opposite because you would definitely get one of those from me!

*corrected grammatical error on edit*

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Averysmallfoxx]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just a bit of an update on this one.

The deputy in the vid that does the beating has been fired. He's also up for misdemeanor assault and his trial is Oct. 14.

I'm really happy they fired him and I'm glad he is getting charged with something. But, the charges seem very light for what he did. I'm thinking if any non-LEO male gave that kind of beat down to a 15year old girl they would be facing much worse charges.

Sheriff fires deputy accused in jail cell beating

Schene was fired for a litany of policy violations, including making false or fraudulent statements, committing conduct that is criminal in nature, use of excessive or unnecessary force, inappropriate use of authority, acts in violation of Sheriff's Office rules or directives, and conduct involving discrimination, incivility and/or bigotry.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

I first off cant understand why anyone would buy him claiming he was assaulted by a teenage girl's shoe being tossed out the cell door at what looks like the speed of someone being told to toss their shoes out and nothing faster...May I remind you all that this sounds less like he genuinely was attempting to stop her from assaulting him (because like the man said, all he had to do in that case would be to shut the door...duhhh?) and more like a cop out cuz he realized he was going to catch some major heat for loosing his temper....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I would agree on that with you frogs. Definitely see him getting off light on this case. If he hadn't been in Law Enforcement he would have had the book thrown at him....AND that is exactly the backwards thinking that has me so very displeased with our style of law enforcement. Should people who enforce our laws be punished more severely for breaking them?? After all in cases like this I find that they really should know better than most that the actions taken are very much criminal and nature. Perhaps they do and in precedence like this, they get their confidence to maintain such enraging attitudes torwards citizens. Law Enforcement should be far harsher judged for all crimes, afterall who knows the law better then them? So by consequence who should really know better than them what is inappropriate?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Deputy Paul Schene is a child abusing scumbag.

Does anyone know, if I were to live in his town, could I file for a restraining order against him out of fear for being abused?

Maybe that's what we should start doing.. encouraging people to file for restraining orders against these d-bags.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join