It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of alleged deputy assault released

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I do find your train of thought on this subject very scary. Why think in such terms and equate what this girl did to a violent back ally rape? What the hell man?

Oh so my train of thought is off base with your KILL the officer for the assault train of thought. I see..only YOU have a point, and only YOU have the answers...got it. Point taken..lol.

The point is...according to MOST of you..people should have due process, the constitutional rights of all should be upheld UNTIL its a cop who does the criminal act. Thats my point....how you do NOT see this..I guess I'll never know...only on ATS can situations have different degrees of treatment. its mind boggeling considering the number of people who bash the police for the "police state" and "eroding peoples rights" yet its OK to remove that thought process against people in a profession you don't like.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75

Originally posted by traderjack

You are comparing apples and oranges because you've taken some second rate interrogation and interview class. Ask a nice open ended, absurd, question to try to garner sympathy from those you are interviewing.

Hey, these aren't the droids your lookin' for.

lol..I don't believe I was talking to you. I believe ANOTHER member said its ok to kill cops who commit these kind of acts WITHOUT due process or a court system...SOOOO brainiac, I am asking his the SAME thing with the roles reversed. Since you obviously like making other peoples business yours...and yes I am sure compared to your resume I got nothin...I'm sure your being activily recruited by all the alphabet agencies, DOD, etc for your skills...good luck with that...glad someone on this site is an expert at everything.

So tell me this oh great one that is perused by several alphabet agencies... Did that girl deserve due process? Did she get it?

Was her crime equal to the punishment she got? Honest answer now...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You are comparing apples and oranges because you've taken some second rate interrogation and interview class. Ask a nice open ended, absurd, question to try to garner sympathy from those you are interviewing.

Hey, these aren't the droids your lookin' for.

lol..I don't believe I was talking to you. I believe ANOTHER member said its ok to kill cops who commit these kind of acts WITHOUT due process or a court system...SOOOO brainiac, I am asking his the SAME thing with the roles reversed. Since you obviously like making other peoples business yours...and yes I am sure compared to your resume I got nothin...I'm sure your being activily recruited by all the alphabet agencies, DOD, etc for your skills...good luck with that...glad someone on this site is an expert at everything.

"I wasn't talking to you" Oh, I better watch myself, you might 'lose your head'. Wow, don't need any pistol wippin's. Time was a guy like you would never wear a badge at the mall now you get jobs in good departments. Scary.

See lad, that's the beauty of a democracy. I can say what I want here within reason. And I can join the conversation. "DOD" ?????What skills? I was a paramedic and firefighter. Love your leaps in logic there sport.

So, you could not hack it in the military, failed out of Q course or Rangers school or something like that eh? Didn't McVeigh meet the same profile.

I am very proud of what I've done in EMS/Fire Service and LE, but I am by no means the elite 'commando' type. But, judging by your avatar you are tossin' stones in a glass mansion.

Oh yeah, and while we're on the subject, I am now a rancher and small business owner. Only three letter agencies I deal with is the SBA, small business administration, and the IRS.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by traderjack]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

See lad, that's the beauty of a democracy. I can say what I want here within reason. And I can join the conversation. "DOD" ?????What skills? I was a paramedic and firefighter. Love your leaps in logic there sport.

I think the inference there was he was being perused by several alphabet agencies, DOD, etc. I think the term perused is used a bit loosely but you never know.

It seems that these types of agencies are looking for exactly the same type of cop we see on this video. The more we see stuff like this the more I am convinced we need to exact some several punishment not only on the cops but on those that recruit and condone this type of thing.

rcwj75 seems to think this guy deserves due process. Did this girl get due process? Did her punishment fit her crime? I see no reason why the punishment for this scum cop should fit the crime.

He took it upon himself to be judge and jury. Why can't this girls family do the same? Why can't they take it upon themselves to exact a punishment that doesn't fit the crime?

rcwj75 is a mad hatter if he thinks those in his profession are above the law and should be afforded due process if those they take into custody and are in their charge can't expect the same.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by northof8]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not to be a jerk, but I think RCWJ was making the inference that I was a know it all and I am keyboard warrior and that I would soon be claiming to be or recruited by one of the 'super secret elite' three letter agencies! Does the scouts count? They are always after me to lead my son's troop on hiking trips! After all, it's the BSA right?

Not to worry, I'm sure he's just got his panties in a bunch because, we 'ordinary' citizens might 'take the LAW' into our own hands!

You know, my great uncle fought the Germans when he was a paratrooper in WWII. He saw combat once for 72 hours straight by the accounts of one of his brothers in arms. He came home and worked as a postman. He taught judo at the YMCA and was a fair boxer. Never talked crap and never knew him to cause trouble. I found out after his death he had killed 4 Germans in one encounter. He never spoke of it, not once. But he saved two other soldiers.

Once, a young African American fellow tried to rob him while he was on his route. A scuffle ensued and he got the man down and choked him. He could have killed him, I realize now. There are those that can 'walk the walk' when they have to and their are those that are always looking to.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by alien]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The point is...according to MOST of you..people should have due process, the constitutional rights of all should be upheld UNTIL its a cop who does the criminal act. That's my point....how you do NOT see this.

Good observation, rcwj75. I agree - to a point.

Due process for most civilians would be a degrading arrest - sit in jail and lose your job & social status if you don't have the means to bail out. Here we have a deputy that doesn't go to jail because of who he is and is continuing to receive his salary.

I think the reason for the hang em high mentality - is because it's all caught on video. There is the perception of a double standard - as in the charges are a fraction of what a civilian would be looking at if there was a video of a similar assault whether in a private home or bar etc.

There is no loss of social status for the deputy unless it becomes a media event. It is for the most part accepted by the jail staff & many cops that you can get away with abusing those who are in custody - whether they just mouth off or are actually a threat.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

all the fag networks eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

The point is...according to MOST of you..people should have due process, the constitutional rights of all should be upheld UNTIL its a cop who does the criminal act. That's my point....how you do NOT see this.

Good observation, rcwj75. I agree - to a point.

Due process for most civilians would be a degrading arrest - sit in jail and lose your job & social status if you don't have the means to bail out. Here we have a deputy that doesn't go to jail because of who he is and is continuing to receive his salary.

I think the reason for the hang em high mentality - is because it's all caught on video. There is the perception of a double standard - as in the charges are a fraction of what a civilian would be looking at if there was a video of a similar assault whether in a private home or bar etc.

There is no loss of social status for the deputy unless it becomes a media event. It is for the most part accepted by the jail staff & many cops that you can get away with abusing those who are in custody - whether they just mouth off or are actually a threat.

I think there is such a hang 'em high mentality because people are sick of the abusive nature of those being employed to protect and serve. They behave as if we are ALL criminals and beat people up for no other reason than the fact they have the badge.

"Taught the perp a lesson" mentality. I respect your viewpoint but I still feel if RCWJ is having to "keep it under control" as he stated earlier in this thread then he needs to do another line of work. Something where his explosive temper could be kept in check.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The police just keep shooting themselves in the foot...two really tough cops one teen girl..that's the odes they like.
stonyhenge

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Perhaps people are reacting like this because the police act as if they are outside of the law. If they are outside of the law, they are outside the reach of due process, and simply need their butts kicked.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by rcwj75

Perhaps people are reacting like this because the police act as if they are outside of the law. If they are outside of the law, they are outside the reach of due process, and simply need their butts kicked.

Ummm... Not exactly.

If a police officer gets in trouble with the law (Internal Affairs Bureau) while on duty? Guess what. They are not protected by the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution of The United States. Believe it or not.

It goes the same for me as a security officer. If the state police, the state private security bureau, or the state alcohol and beverage commission shows up at my post (which rarely they do but it has happened) I have to cooperate with them and answer all of their inquiries. Period.

If they ask for my state ID (not my driver's license but my license to operate as a security contractor)? I HAVE to show it to them otherwise I am in HOT WATER. And I am not protected by the fifth amendment.

[edit on 2/28/09 by Marked One]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The COPS have an extremely difficult job, which most commoners can never begin to fathom. Maybe this guy has a teenage daughter that he wants to abuse..maybe he does the same to his girlfriend or wife...women should be up in arms over this one...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
The COPS have an extremely difficult job, which most commoners can never begin to fathom. Maybe this guy has a teenage daughter that he wants to abuse..maybe he does the same to his girlfriend or wife...women should be up in arms over this one...

Maybe he does. But you don't know that for sure. And neither do I. But ask the deputy himself. Ask his wife, other family members, friends etc. Sit down with them. Have a cup of coffee and talk with them. Especially the deputy himself. You don't know for sure what was going on in this cop's mind at the time. He's a human being just like the rest of us.

The media people said it themselves. The video had no audio. So to say something like 'the cop beat her JUST for mouthing off and calling the deputy a fat pig' is general speculation.

What exactly DID she say? People call cops/sheriff's deputies fat pigs ALL THE TIME. They're use to it. Simply calling the deputy a fat pig couldn't have been the ONLY thing to set him off.

Come on? This sheriff's deputy has been on the force for eight years. He's a veteran. He's bound to have been called all kinds of names and obscenities. It's common sense.

MAYBE the girl made a threat of bodily harm to the deputy and/or his family. She MAY have said something along the lines of "My cousin is a carnal and he's going to beat your ass, and do a drive-by on your house and kill your wife and kids." Or something similar and much worst.

Combined that with the possibility of the fact that the deputy was having a hard day more so than normal. And that cop transitions from 'serve and protect' mode to 'f*ck you and your health--I'm not taking that kind of sh*t from your kind'.

I'm willing to bet something like that could very well have been the case. But we'll never know for sure. I'm not the deputy's attorney nor am I an investigator with the King County Sheriff's Department Internal Affairs Bureau who's involved with the matter. Neither are you.

I'm just using sheer logic.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This police officer should definitely be fired and charged for the assault. I also think the penalty in this type of assault should be heavier than a "normal" assault. Not because it involves police BUT because when a minor (as is the case) is in someone's custody - be it a parent, a teacher or a cop - a higher level of responsibility should be demanded.

That being said I can definitely understand the man's outburst (understand not justify). Having worked with juvenile delinquents myself I know that the verbal assaults can drive you over the edge but you have to constantly keep your head cool and understand that you're dealing with kids, that they don't really mean what they say, are just trying to get a rise out of you, project their anger on you, etc. and no matter what you HAVE to be the better person always.

On a side note I find the posts here stating the police officers that do things like this should be executed hilarious.
That's your notion of justice then? You criticize the cop for over-reacting to verbal insults but then propose his assault justifies some kind of death penalty?
With that level of rage in you I wouldn't be surprised if in that cop's shoes people like you would do a lot worse to that girl for half the insults.

Cheers.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Brutal.

I guess we just need MORE camera to catch these corrupt men and women who cover very well for themselves by charging YOU with assault after THEY commit it.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
God I hope they sock it to this sick bast***d! I am afraid this is all too common already among adult detainees, this is not a lesson a child in trouble needs to learn something about what they have done!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Now i want to say that i do not agree with what the cop did to this girl but we have all been in a situation that we have bowen way out of proportion and later regretted how we handled it .... As i think the cop is doing now

The problem i see with this is the teen in question will now be held in high respect with her friends and peers and this will only lead to her further self destruction in her path of life....

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Brutal.

I guess we just need MORE camera to catch these corrupt men and women who cover very well for themselves by charging YOU with assault after THEY commit it.

- Lee

Could have beena set up to get all of us to demand more cameras so that when cops commit crimes it is caught and then the cameras will only be there to protect us from corrupt......... oh wait, that would kinda suck. Cause then they woul have the cameras everywhere already and the people would accept them. Then you just impose more retarded laws, and have ways of enforcing them.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is just sick... cop or no cop you should never hit a girl, where are this mans morals, and should never hit a kid like that either. If this were my kid.. well best not go there huh.

I'm seeing a lot of these police brutality vids lately... what going on? it's the sort of stuff you wouldn't see from a morally deprived country.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

There's no excuse for it. Absolutely none... other than he thought he could get away with it. Oh, he probably will. Internal Investigations is a misnomer, and should be called 'Internal Coverup'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join