It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi, I have a friend that had a strange experience when he was younger.

Obviously this is a condensed version of what happened.

He was on his way home from playing in an old barn with 4 friends and they all witnessed a UFO not far in front of them and possibly and alien being walking near to it, but they were so mesmerized by it they couldnt move or follow it.
he describes it almost a dream like state, straight afterwards they all went home and my friend discovered he had lost over half an hour in time...
Do you think hypnosis would help him remember what happened that night?Text

[edit on 27-2-2009 by mjfunk]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by mjfunk]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think a few beers would probably help more IMHO

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mjfunk

Oh definitely hypnosis in my opinion is a great idea I mean what does he have to lose really why not give it a shot what he finds could be astonishing.

Also there has been allot of stories or I have heard allot anyway about people who claimed to be abducted at some point I there life and they all seem to create the same story.

If he decides to try hypnosis keep us posted on what was found even if it’s nothing it would be interesting to know still.

link   
Only if it is done by someone that neither believes nor disbelieves his claim. However does it should not even know about the ufo's. They should just know that he lots some time he wants to get back.

It is easy to plant memories in a person during hypnosis. A highly trained person could convience him that he did anything during that time that they wanted him to think.

A novice could unmeaningly bait him to invent things he can not explain or add things they think he should have saw.

See where I am going. Also you know how somtimes you hear a noise and think it is something else then you check and it is just a tree limb against the window. Well under hypnosis if you never checked to see what it was and they are running you through that you will convince yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever you want it to be or thought it might be was what it was.

Hyponsis is a useful tool but in alien abduction cases it is often abused. If a person was lieing or not sure before the hypnosis after they could pass a polygraph as to what they saw regardless of if they really did or not.

link   

Do you think hypnosis would help him remember what happened

It might. But if he chooses to make the attempt I would offer three cautions:

1) Be sure the hypnotist is not unintentionally planting suggestions. If the hypnotist has expectations regarding what he'll find, a few simple poorly phrased questions can skew the results of the session.

2) Be sure the hypnotist is aware of the possibility that there may be screen memories in place.

3) Be sure your friend really wants to know what happened. Sometimes the mind forgets things for a reason.

new topics

top topics

join