It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to stop global warming with 100,000 square mile sun shade

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Or we could re-use this BB-Gun

[edit on 27-2-2009 by tristar]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I seem to recall Dr. Farnsworth (yes, from FUTURAMA) using this exact same measure to save the planet in the first episode of season 5... and well, I for one, remember the consequences...

Quite a brilliant scene in the episode, as well.

The synchronized ooh's and ahh's of the unified human race, staring up into the insanely sized mirror in the sky, successfully blocking out the sun by the required amount...

UNTIL POW.

A lone, teeny tiny pebble (of which there are quite a few randomly floating around up there), made slight contact, and turned the mirror back towards the earth, making the mirror more like a magnifying glass than anything else (almost a lazer! cooooooool), effectively roasting all the 'green-obsessed mad-scientists' responsible for such a stupid idea.

I propose something quite similar;

Lets just kill these idiots who think it'd be fun to turn the earth into a giant ant-farm, with a huge 'Made in the U.S.A.' Magnifying glass to roast us all.

Some of these 'pro-green' people just go way too far.
WAY.

J

Edit to add:

if this idea actually is actually in the works, then I fear it is already too late for the quote in my sig.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by jephers0n]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
wouldnt it make more sence to create some sorta giant dust cloud periodically.or just large mirrored surfaces reflecting light away.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I would love to see something like that where the mirrors would maybe kill all the idiot scientists out there. As well as the idiot government officials that gave them the grants and jobs to come up with these stupid ideas. The problem though is that I am sure it would kill more then just those folks.

Which is why I am still all for using all the cans and plastic bottles from beside of the road. Less trash here on earth, it would make the sun block, yet it would create tons of jobs. Imagine how many folks you could pay $10 an hour to, to go pick up cans and bottles beside of the roads. Its an easy job, most folks could do it. That would kill 4 birds with 1 stone. Because that would also help the economy.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
why would people place mirrors while they can have solar pannels instead?
this way they could get the needed energy to produce hydrogen , needed to send more solar panels into space..

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The price is insane but the idea I think isn't a terribly bad one but I'm thinking of way into the future when the sun heats up a lot although it is vital not to let the ice caps melt at that point we are out of options.

My own take on it is the only real way is taking decisions away from corporations as long as they are in charge profit will always come first.

A quick fix solution like this might work for a while but it's not really tackling the problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
oh, those scientists

who knows what else will they stop as a consequence (that
regularly happen when humans try to intervene into nature)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
okay..think about this...a mirror, a giant mirror projected towards space from earth..thereby mirroring space...so if there is anyone out there in the universe looking in that direction, they won't see us..they'll only see a mirrored image of space...so..who are they trying to hide us from?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join