It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A mother's kiss could have accidentally led to the death of her 11-day-old baby. Jennifer Schofield's vital organs failed after being infected with Herpes Simplex Virus passed on through a cold sore. Her mother, Ruth, had felt ill a few days before giving birth last November and was later treated for mouth ulcers. The condition's believed to kill six babies a year in the UK.
Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
There is a mercury solution that is put in the baby's eyes.
I've heard of a mother drinking the solution and dying.
Last time I noted a death skull on a squeeze bottle with a
pointed hooked tube for application to the baby's eyes.
Perhaps long ago an eyedropper was used from an unlabeled cup
of the solution. And some one thought it was water.
A case of the mother dying and not the baby.