It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Why do we have to pay to imprison this guy,
Originally posted by paul76
Gary McKinnon hacked into NASA and got caught, simple. He should face up to his consequences like a man and stop acting like a yellow belly. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
[edit on 27-2-2009 by paul76]
Originally posted by northerngateUS security staff from the head down to the PC techs for failure to do their jobs securing the US.
Patriotism is commonly defined as love of and/or devotion to one's country. The word comes from the Latin, patria, and Greek patritha.
1. A nation or state.
2. The territory of a nation or state; land.
3. The people of a nation or state; populace: The whole country will profit from the new economic reforms.
2. The land of a person's birth or citizenship: Foreign travel is restricted in his country.
3. A region, territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture: hill country; Bible country.
4. An area or expanse outside cities and towns; a rural area: a vacation in the country.
5. Law. A jury.
6. Informal. Country music.
Originally posted by zorgon
Originally posted by northerngate
US security staff from the head down to the PC techs for failure to do their jobs securing the US.
The secure stuff is NOT accessible from the internet with ordinary dial up
Originally posted by Helig
300 computers compromised (rough estimate based on news stories)
65k/yr salary -- average pay for a technician
31.25/hr -- hourly rate
4 hrs per machine -- general time frame to sort out a single machine
37,500$ -- total for 1 person putting in 4 hours of time on each of the 300 compromised machines
1200 -- total hours necessary to sort out 300 compromised systems