It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush should have executed Gitmo detainees, says former CIA officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Bush should have executed Gitmo detainees, says former CIA officer

rawstory.com

A former CIA officer has said its ridiculous that the Bush administration didn't execute numerous prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, regardless of whether they have had a trial, when it had the chance.

"Many of those individuals that are there are enemy combatants and that's based on the Geneva Conventions and should be executed," said Gary Berntsen, who spent 20 years with the CIA, to Fox's Gretchen Carlson on the show, Fox & Friends. "It's ridiculous that the Bush administration, after seven years,
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well i know why he's no longer in the CIA ... i don't know kinda surprised ... the video of the interviews is in the link ... these are some interesting words said by the CIA guy ... sounds like a lot of them were considered "enemy combatants" and the ending statement by him is crazy ... the lady asks what should we do with this one guy who's been there for 7 years ... and he simply replies the evidence has dried up, execute him! thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't see the video due to my connection speed but, based on the article, the man is an idiot. Is it really any wonder that America has a reputation for being gung-ho war-mongers?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Criminals or not they have a right to a fair trial. And there is nothing good about killing a possible innocent man. That would make the US more friends for sure.

Idiot.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My question is what happens when the people of the United States (regular people, not the government) start deciding that the "official" members of the government are "enemy combatants" of the Constitution?

If that situation arises, what then, Mr. CIA Officer?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
My question is what happens when the people of the United States (regular people, not the government) start deciding that the "official" members of the government are "enemy combatants" of the Constitution?

If that situation arises, what then, Mr. CIA Officer?

I'm not sure if it's covered in the video or not, but I'd be more concerned about the 'official members of the Constitution' start deciding the regular people are "enemy combatants". I think it's far more likely.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That guy was scary dude. He had no feeling about it, like they weren't even people. Those are the people who help run our country?

top topics

join