It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Charged with Threatening Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Do you have any more info or updates about this Marine's sentence, and whether or not the psych issue was ever mentioned?

I don't have any current updates on this story but I will be sure to post them as they come along.

It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to paint him as having some kind of mental disorder. After all who in their right mind would have an ill thought about our glorious leader?

You are spot on when it comes to the mental health and pharmacutical industry.

I tell you, growing old sure isn't for sissies! Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Originally posted by jd140

Nope he hasn't put the country in a financial fiasco, but he sure is adding to it isn't he. So far he has spent more then the cost of Katrina, Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

Not exactly. According to nationalpriorities.org the cost of the Iraq War thus far is over $600 billion. www.nationalpriorities.org...

You might be saying so what, that's less than Obama's stimulus bill. Well what you are not taking into account is the high cost of the long-term healthcare for the wounded Iraq war veterans. According to a study the cost of taking care of our wounded Iraq war veterans could reach $700 billion.
www.democracynow.org...

So the real total cost of the Iraq War could likely be double the cost of Obama's stimulus bill.

But there's a big difference between the wars in Iraq and Afghanist and Obama's stimulus bill, the purpose of the stimulus bill is to support our economy, whereas the war in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't help our economy in any way at all.

Could reach 700 billion? I could become a millionare playing the lotto also.

If we are going to look into the future then lets tack on some interest on this stimulous bill that Obama signed. Lets also project the health cost for the soldiers he sends to Afghanistan.

Doesn't matter if its for the economy or not. My point stands that in a little over 30 days he has spent more money then those three things I mentioned cost combined. Money we don't have and cannot pay off.

I'm sure our economy can do without tattoo removal, don't you? Do you think it is okay to pay for some 30 year old mom wanting to get her tramp stamp removed? You don't, well thats to bad because your taxes will help pay for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

So a few military men are not happy....this all just smells of rascism. I mean come on..they haven't even given the guy a chance. Bush was in office for eight years and screwed america, while Obama has even been in office long..yet people are asking for him to leave office already. At least give the guy a chance to f over america before you ask for resignation. People will say it isn't racism and it is his politics..well from what I have seen so far...he hasn't even come close to messing up america as bush did. He hasn't called a phony war, he has not put the country in a financial fiasco yet..so what has he done...pretty much nothing but be half black.

I think it's both highly assumptive and expedient for people to dismissively label any form of dissent as racism. Let's at least perhaps investigate a person's background before levelling what amounts to an eroneous charge in most cases.

Keep in mind initially people where not thrilled by and large with George W. Bush. The September 11th attacks of 2001 created a rallying behind the Commander in Cheif affect for a pretty much stunned and shocked nation whose combined desire to take some form of immediate and retaliatory action found a sympathetic and enthusiastic ear in Bush.

As time went on and shock and anger began to at first give rise to still many unanswered questions about 9-11, the wisdom in invading Iraq and then ultimately a rapidly detoriating economy Bush ended with some of the lowest approval ratings on record with a vast majority of his own party dissatisfied with his Presidency.

Take away 9-11 and what seemed initially like a quick and stunning victory in Iraq and Bush likely would not have been elected to a second term.

Compared to Regans year long fairwell/campaign tour for his Father, George W. left Washington a scorned man destined to live in infamy for possibly perpetuity.

Conversely not asking questions or being critical of Obama is akin to exactly what you are deriding in neoconservatives. Furthermore questioning race everytime someone is critical is as flimsy as justifications of well Bush did something equally bad or worse as a defense.

That's not really the change you voted for was it? Ultimately I don't think any American wants to see America fail. We are in a downhill slump and President Obama knew fully well the task he was undertaking.

Yes people are going to be very angry in increasing stages if the man was all posture and no substance like his legislative record in the U.S. Senate shows.

By the way if you have not visited the Library of Congress to read the former Senator Obama's 124 attempts at failed legislation you really aren't qualified to speak to his capabilities nor made a judgement in voting for him based on anything but your instincts and hopes.

Both your instincts and hopes may have been wrong. Please be open minded enough and mature enough to honestly gauge his effectiveness in a constructively critical way that considers factors beyond knee jerk defenses of blanket charges of racism or well George Bush did this or that.

Meanwhile President Obama has not lifted one finger to reverse Bush's worst policies, and has already introduced legislation like taking away charitable deductions for tax payers making 250k a year or more that are likely to cost charities 5 billion dollars in aid to the poor and homeless, handicapped, and medical research.

Not the change I was looking for, how about you?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
He's a Marine, not a civilian.

A Marine (or anyone else serving in the .mil) has to respect their chain of command.

If the military decides it doesn't have to respect the civilian leadership, we can kiss our democracy aside.

And if a Marine had said the same threatening Bush, I would say the same thing.

True, and if the civilian leadership decides it doesn't have to respect the constitution, we can kiss our representative republic goodbye.

Oh yeah, right.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

3- His name has to mean eucharist, or kundalini in arabic, symbolic of a process his country will be experiencing en masse.

Prevenge if you could please elaborate on this statement further I would be very appreciative.

Thanks for the post, and I look forward to your reply.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Double_Nought_Spy
reply to post by uaocteaou

Well put! Spoken or written threats are taken very seriously, no matter who holds the office at the time. This is as it should be. I have to question the integrity of a soldier who does not respect the Constitution he is sworn to protect. The military questions such a person's integrity, too, and rightly so.

What about a president not respecting the Constitution? as in for example trying to take away the God given rights of every free American to own and bear arms?.....

What about a president, and an office that is trying to impose on ALL AMERICANS what they should do with part of their free time, and that Americans have no choice but to give several hours of their time for Community Service....that is Americans will have nochoice on the matter...

I don't condone violence for this, but the youth of America were blinded by promises that have been changed after the current administration took office, and for whatever reason those same American youths either disregarded, or were not intelligent enough to actually investigate what are the plans of the current administration.

The youth of America which were mainly the reason why the current administration is in office were brainwashed in the same manner, and by the same political parties that demanded that no military recruiters should be on any high school or college campuses... Yet those same political parties resorted to brainwash our youth with lies, and hid the truth about the goals of the current administration...

I don't agree with what that Marine said, however I don't support the current administration because it's goals are unconstitutional.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
To those people who made remarks about living in a Democracy....sorry to tell you that if you live in the United States you are not living in a DEmocracy...you are living in a Representative Republic.... In a Democracy 51% of the people can vote to take away the rights of the other 49%, meanwhile in a Representative Republic ALL AMERICANS are represented, and noone can, or should take the rights away of any other American, or legal residents, even if they are a minority...

This is part of the reason why many of our youths, and even quite a few of the older people are not informed about their own country.

Even the media keeps talking about "our Democracy" when we don't live, and were never supposed to live under a Democracy...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Hailing from a Deep MIL Family myself, I can attest to the pure disgust I have always felt towards Clinton, and his entire Administration, over their disdain for our Men and Women in Uniform. Time and time again they abandoned Our Units running OPS, refused them their Requested Equipment Prior to Such (Somalia anyone?), and in regards to President Clinton, he had to be harassed by the Public into even offering a flimsy salute to the Marines of "Marine One" when Boarding and Disembarking the Helo.

I know a lot of people in uniform felt similar for the reasons you posted. I can hardly blame them. I imagine that those feelings have nothing to do with his political party but his qualities specifically as Commander in Cheif. Some people may have gotten the idea that because Clinton is a democrat and Obama is a democrat the thread is about partisan politics. It really is about the quality of a Commander in Cheif as being fit in the military's eyes to be Commander in Cheif not about Partisan Politics.

The Marine One Pilot I had met and recounted that meeting in my comments in my opening story had a great admiration for Bush Sr. because he often took the time to take as the Marine Pilot put it, a fatherly type interest in me. President Bush Sr. treated him with courtesy and occassionaly made small talk with him, and would inquire about his state of well being with genuine concern and show genuine gratitude for his service. I imagine that goes a long way for a young man not being paid a lot of money but entrusted with a very important task.

President Obama by what you are sharing in regards to the Bagram incident seems to possibly be making that same Clintonian mistake of punishing the military for having simply been tasked to fight unpopular wars as a red headed step child of sorts they truly should not be treated as. I can appreciate the President is on a tight schedule and I am no great fan of Bush Jr., but I have to say my proudest moment of him as my President is when he flew to Baghdad that first Thanksgiving of the War and made a surprise appearance and later served some of the troops their dinner. I am sure it meant even more to the troops their than it did to me sitting in the states and watching it on TV.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

To those people who made remarks about living in a Democracy....sorry to tell you that if you live in the United States you are not living in a DEmocracy...you are living in a Representative Republic.... In a Democracy 51% of the people can vote to take away the rights of the other 49%, meanwhile in a Representative Republic ALL AMERICANS are represented, and noone can, or should take the rights away of any other American, or legal residents, even if they are a minority...

This is very true, there are quite a few misconceptions about our constitutional form of government. I can get that the often under educated, over indulged and rebelious youth of the nation don't know much about the constitution. I can even get a lot of adults who barely squeeked by in history and social studies don't quite understand it either. I can even empathize with why the Madison Avenue technocrats who write the News Programing don't understand it.

What really ticks me off is that the Presidents, Senators and Congressmen don't seem to know either!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
What really ticks me off is that the Presidents, Senators and Congressmen don't seem to know either!

True, and that goes for both parties, and in fact for all parties.

I keep hearing some people supporting some parts of the Constitution but they forget other parts, such as:

Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution states:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

www.usconstitution.net...

Yet we have had two parties for a long time when the Constitution states a Republican form of government shall be guaranteed to all states....

But then again, what better way to derail the Republic from what is supposed to be, and what being a Republican means, than by creating an unconstitutional party which has been implementing unconstitutional laws?... But then again even Republican presidents have at times created unconstitutional laws.

Slowly but surely this Representative Republic is being ripped apart by people who want to change it into something it is not supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

What about a president not respecting the Constitution? as in for example trying to take away the God given rights of every free American to own and bear arms?.....

It is not a God given right
...it was a right given to men by men who believed at the time the British were going to try and take America by force again. Also it was given to the American people to help protect themselves...but you guys are stockpiling weapons...it has gone way beyond self preservation. Most of you are abusing that right, I mean come on...do you really need weapons such as AR-15 / M16 rifles, M16A1 rifles, Uzi's or AK47's in your homes...
...a simple handgun to protect the family and Savage 110 rifle (or another type) for hunting should do.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

It is not a God given right...it was a right given to men by men who believed at the time the British were going to try and take America by force again. Also it was given to the American people to help protect themselves...but you guys are stockpiling weapons...it has gone way beyond self preservation. Most of you are abusing that right, I mean come on...do you really need weapons such as AR-15 / M16 rifles, M16A1 rifles, Uzi's or AK47's in your homes......a simple handgun to protect the family and Savage 110 rifle (or another type) for hunting should do.

You are right it is not a G-d given right. Your post reads like it was a riggs2099 given right!

Lets think about these threats too at the time...or lets simplify it as all enemies foreign and domestic...

Wild animals...may not lurk in the condo building grounds or high rise apartment quite a few people reside in, but still lurk about in places in this country Marlin Perkins can't get to them with a tranquilizer gun before they start gnawing on your carcass.

Native Americans...aka blood thirsty savages. They weren't the darlings and poster children of the Hollywood crowd at the time, there was no Hollywood crowd at the time.

Despots...the tree of liberty will need to be watered from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots

Slaves...some people still had them, some times they rebel.

Horse Theives...sometimes they didn't want to be hung and had to be shot. Classic example of how tinkering with protective laws is not protective...you can no longer shoot or hang horse theives and now almost no one has a horse! Sure that's a bit of humor, but take away citizens right to not only bear arms but form militias and no one is likely to have any liberties left either.

That second thing militia is what defeats your argument regarding certain types of weapons and amounts. Clearly even in our forefathers day a militia was designed to go against a well armed and well organized offensive/defensive fighting force. In my humble oppinion arms should be everything from slingshots to space based laser defense systems and nuclear weapons.

I think you get the picture.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
...it was a right given to men by men who believed at the time the British were going to try and take America by force again. Also it was given to the American people to help protect themselves...but you guys are stockpiling weapons...it has gone way beyond self preservation. Most of you are abusing that right, I mean come on...do you really need weapons such as AR-15 / M16 rifles, M16A1 rifles, Uzi's or AK47's in your homes...
...a simple handgun to protect the family and Savage 110 rifle (or another type) for hunting should do.

Actually the constitution recognizes inalienable rights (natural rights or moral rights or God given rights) which are different than legal rights. Inalienable rights means you cannot transfer or surrender those - it would be like separating your head from your body.

Legal rights are granted to you by some government entity and can therefore be taken away - like the shirt off your back.

BTW - Marines and other military are arguing over whether to respect their commander in chief or the constitution. forums.military.com...

In general they feel the young Marine needed a good chewing out instead of arrest for saying stupid things about someone most of them also dislike, but also point out that in Totalitarian governments you are jailed for criticizing the leaders.

Their common acronym for Obama is BHO.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

You are wrong... the forefathers of this nation saw those rights as inalienable and they saw that God gave them the means to protect these rights for future generations...

It doesn't matter if you are an atheist, the forefathers of this nation saw it differently than you, and those documents, such as the Declaration of Independance state the following...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

www.ushistory.org...

So laugh as much as you want but if you are an American you don't even know how your own nation was founded, and if you are not an American then you have no right to tell us what we should do, or not should do...

Having AR15s, and such weapons IS NOT ABUSING THESE RIGHTS... you just don't want to understand, or don't want to accept that one of the main reasons our forefathers gave us these rights was to protect ourselves against a tyrannical government.

The forefathers did not say that some weapons can be banned, they said "NO FREE MAN SHALL EVER BE DEBARRED OF THE USE OF ARMS"...and that meanst even assault weapons/firearms...

Other nations such as Britain, and Australia their governments also claimed "we will just ban some weapons"...at the end THEY BANNED ALL WEAPONS....

Laugh as much as you want but this shows your ignorance on a topic you are not informed about.

I might as well laugh about your own atheists beliefs, or whatever belief you have, but then again you will cry about free speech.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
BTW - Marines and other military are arguing over whether to respect their commander in chief or the constitution. forums.military.com...

In general they feel the young Marine needed a good chewing out instead of arrest for saying stupid things about someone most of them also dislike, but also point out that in Totalitarian governments you are jailed for criticizing the leaders.

Their common acronym for Obama is BHO.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Dbriefed]

And I agree with you, if I need to defend president Obama from a real thread I would defend him, but that doesn't mean that I agree with his plans.

I see many of the plans the current administration wants to implement as Unconstitutional, and as Dbriefed said many soldiers/sailors/airmen in the U.S. Armed Forces, and even civilians don't agree and don't want these plans being implemented.

The president, and the present administration has to listen to the American people, and that includes military personnel.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Nope he hasn't put the country in a financial fiasco, but he sure is adding to it isn't he. So far he has spent more then the cost of Katrina, Iraq and Afghanistan combined.

Not exactly. According to nationalpriorities.org the cost of the Iraq War thus far is over $600 billion. www.nationalpriorities.org...

You might be saying so what, that's less than Obama's stimulus bill. Well what you are not taking into account is the high cost of the long-term healthcare for the wounded Iraq war veterans. According to a study the cost of taking care of our wounded Iraq war veterans could reach $700 billion.
www.democracynow.org...

So the real total cost of the Iraq War could likely be double the cost of Obama's stimulus bill.

But there's a big difference between the wars in Iraq and Afghanist and Obama's stimulus bill, the purpose of the stimulus bill is to support our economy, whereas the war in Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't help our economy in any way at all.

Doesn't matter if its for the economy or not. My point stands that in a little over 30 days he has spent more money then those three things I mentioned cost combined. Money we don't have and cannot pay off.

I'm sure our economy can do without tattoo removal, don't you? Do you think it is okay to pay for some 30 year old mom wanting to get her tramp stamp removed? You don't, well thats to bad because your taxes will help pay for it.

We can pay it off, even most of the critics of the bill say that it would work in the end.

Oh and as for the tattoo removal thing it's only $200,000 and it's to remove tattoos from gang members in an attempt to reduce crime. Is this the best criticism you can come up with for the bill?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Slowly but surely this Representative Republic is being ripped apart by people who want to change it into something it is not supposed to be.

I sure will not disagree with you there brother! This is another thread I started recently about some of the additional Post 9-11 Memos that are being released by the Obama Administration, pertaining to the Bush Administration.

It's a little frightening how some of these people think, and the things that they do.

ATS Thread 443338

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join