It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Troop Drawdown Decision Will End Iraq War in Late 2010, Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Obama's Troop Drawdown Decision Will End Iraq War in Late 2010, Officials Say

www.foxnews.com

The Iraq war will come to an end on Aug. 31, 2010, senior officials said, following President Obama's decision to end all counter-insurgency missions by that time.

Obama told top leaders in Congress on Thursday that he will transition the mission in Iraq to training, advising and engaging in limited counter-terrorist operations, according to congressional sources.

The president is expected to deliver a speech Friday at the Marine base in Camp Lejeune, N.C, in which he will order the immediate drawdown of the 142,000 Marines and Army personnel in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So it will end in 2010 but yet we will leave 50,000 troops there as an "anti insurgency" force. Really? Anti Insurgency? You mean occupational force like what we have in Japan, S Korea, Europe, among others. People, is this change you can believe in? It sounds like more rhetoric from the two party crime family in Washington that seems to stick around like the turd that doesnt flush. You know what Im talking about. You try to flush and flush or in this case elected and re elect and they still seem to stick around to stink up the place. People....I have nothing else to say....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No wonder Pelosi is irate with Barack over this.

I don't really see the difference between a 150,000 strong anti insurgency force and a 50,000 strong anti insurgency force.

An insurgency is an insurgency.

In other words the Iraq War does not end in 2010.

I wonder who changed Barry's mind? Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
No wonder Pelosi is irate with Barack over this.

I don't really see the difference between a 150,000 strong anti insurgency force and a 50,000 strong anti insurgency force.

An insurgency is an insurgency.

In other words the Iraq War does not end in 2010.

I wonder who changed Barry's mind? Hmmm.

No changed his mind there is no difference between the two parties. There never was a difference in the candidates we got to choose from and there really never is. There is an agenda set and the nominees are just the tools to push that agenda. They use Napoleons divide and conquer techniques to keep us all fighting while the implement the agenda.

So in short no the Iraq war will not end in the sense that we will have an occupation force there which will continue to ring up a nice bill for us to pay. Alls I have to say is I dont want to hear one person complain about higher taxes then tell me in the same sentence we need to run the empire around the world like we see in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
well,,, if you caLL LEAVING 30,000 TO 50,000 troops there ending the war

again we expand our never ending empire

i laughed when i heard this,,,,,that's a lot of people not at home with their families

in fact ,,, where can we find out the number of troops we have stationed abroad??? anyone know???

and the fact we're leaving even say 30,000 says the USA has ulterior motives,,, leaving them there to see ,,or uphold our interests and making sure our plans achieve fruition

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How many PERNAMENT bases did the U.S build there.

What is the death toll now, since there weren't really any terrorists. What state is Bagdad in, rubble? dust? I'm sure it's well over the million, if that doesn't even count. What about the surviving left to bereave the loved ones.

You can be sure, That Iran now is alot more dangerous and alot more war stricken than the times of Saddam.

The hypocrisy of American foriegn policy, it really is a disgrace. The behaviour from the Elite is disgusting and shameful. They had no right to invade another country like this. Absaloutely disgusting. I lay a curse onto the American elite forever. "I shall wish that greed shall eat you to the grave"

It makes me sick

[edit on 27-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

new topics

top topics

join