It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General says president's eligibility needs proof

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

wnd.com

Now retired Maj. Gen. Carroll D. Childers has submitted a statement to Taitz and her DefendOurFreedoms.us website, agreeing to be a plaintiff in her pending action.

"I agree to be a plaintiff in the legal action to be filed by Orly Taitz, Esq. in a petition for a declaratory judgement (sic) that Barack Hussein Obama is not qualified to be president of the U.S., nor to be commander in chief of the U.S. armed forces, in that I am or was a sworn member of the U.S. military (subject to recall)," he wrote.

If recalled, he would be "unable to follow any orders given by a constitutionally unqualified commander in chief, since by doing so I would be subject to charges of aiding and abetting fraud and committing acts of treason," he wrote.

In an accompanying letter, Childers said, "What I really want is the truth; is Obama a natural born citizen of the United States. If not a natural born citizen, America has been defrauded and then we would be stuck with Joe Biden whose only redeeming attribute is that he is probably not a communist."

He said he is an engineer after serving for 38 years in Vietnam, the Persian Gulf, Operation Desert Storm and other locations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wnd.com
www.wnd.com

[edit: fixed title and source link]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
How's this for a worthy candidate in this matter? I've read comments in another thread that called the soldiers stepping forward "cowards" and "scared." This man is a Major General! And for all of you who yell at the top of any pinnacle that you served x amount of years, and did this tour or that tour...This man "served 38 years in Vietnam, the Persian Gulf, Operation Desert Storm and other locations." AND HE'S A MAJOR GENERAL! I wonder how much disrespect I'll read from military persons on here now.

wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90125]wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dankai

He's not the only high ranking retired officer demanding answers, there is also a retired LTC I know of.

More and more of them are coming out of the woodwork.

Makes one wonder what the brass at the Pentagon discuss behind closed doors.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankai
How's this for a worthy candidate in this matter? AND HE'S A MAJOR GENERAL! I wonder how much disrespect I'll read from military persons on here now.

He is not a Major General. He was a Major General. He is retired now. His status either before or now does not somehow add weight to the faux controversy. And given the fact he is retired means he has no standing in demanding this.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

How's this for a worthy candidate in this matter? AND HE'S A MAJOR GENERAL! I wonder how much disrespect I'll read from military persons on here now.

He is not a Major General. He was a Major General. He is retired now. His status either before or now does not somehow add weight to the faux controversy. And given the fact he is retired means he has no standing in demanding this.

Now THAT is plan disrespectful. One still holds the title even after they are retired. Even former Presidents are referred to as Mr. President after they are no longer in office. That man will be a Major General until he leaves this earth.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You apparently do not understand the influence or connections generals have with the active duty brass or even more interesting, the defense industries.

They are very powerful and influential figures. If he is openly voicing his concerns, I can only imagine what is going on behind closed doors with the brass and the military industries.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SaviorComplex

You apparently do not understand the influence or connections generals have with the active duty brass or even more interesting, the defense industries.

They are very powerful and influential figures. If he is openly voicing his concerns, I can only imagine what is going on behind closed doors with the brass and the military industries.

Well stated.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Oh, that is certain.

But not in a court-case to establish whether a President is legitimate (he is) and whether the military should follow his orders, his standing as a Major General means nothing. In fact, because he is retired, it may hurt the case.

Of course, what the Major General and Taitz are doing is a grave threat to democracy.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Oh, that is certain.

But not in a court-case to establish whether a President is legitimate (he is) and whether the military should follow his orders, his standing as a Major General means nothing. In fact, because he is retired, it may hurt the case.

Of course, what the Major General and Taitz are doing is a grave threat to democracy.

WE DON'T LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY! WE LIVE IN A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!!!!!!! SO WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A GREAT SERVICE TO WHAT WE ARE!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How does this change the fact that legally Barack Obama doesn't have to show his original vital records to anyone?

Or that the Certification of Live Birth he presented is a valid Hawaii certificate, and include all the requirements determined by the State Department to be considered a valid proof of citizenship?

People are free to voice their opinions, no one can, hopefully, change that. But it doesn't mean their opinions have any legal or otherwise basis, and the fact that it comes from a Major General or a janitor, doesn't change that.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by converge]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now all he needs to do is make the statement on a credible website and/or news source and maybe this will have some smidgen of credence to it. Not the charge, but the Major General's alleged statement. Let's face it, we don't call it World Nut Daily for nuthin.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

WE DON'T LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY! WE LIVE IN A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC!!!!!!! SO WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A GREAT SERVICE TO WHAT WE ARE!!!!!

A minority of racists and sore-losers are attempting to subvert and twist the Constitution to overturn the results of the election. That is not a service to the Constitution. They are demanding something the Constitution makes no provisions for; the Constitution does not say someone must provide their original birth-certificate to prove they are a natural born citizen. That minority is seeking to impose its will on the majority who voted for Obama (I was not one of them, by the by); that will disenfranchise 69 million people which would be a dangerous blow to our system.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You all are enough to make someone go crazy. This has to do with concealment of vital records, with massive fraud of American citizens, with Mr. Obama/Soetoro spiting in the face of each and every law abiding US citizen and arrogantly refusing to provide his vital records. And, YES, he does have to prove that he is a Natural Born Citizen if he is to hold that office. The Constitution says you have to be and therefore one must show that he/she is! This has not been done.

Good day all.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dankai

This individual, a retired two star, will not have to bear the brunt of a court martial and is only stoking the fire that will roast the active duty protesters. Perhaps a recall to active duty would help him show how committed he is. Then he could refuse the President's orders and lose his pension and his freedom. Maybe someone will explain that to him in simple terms before he self-destructs. I recommend a USMC red-line brig for OJT in case he is too dense to listen.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You all are enough to make someone go crazy. This has to do with concealment of vital records,

Once more you prove you have absolutely no knowledge of how vital records are treated, or any other legal issues in this natural born citizen matter.

Vital records are sealed by each state's law. No one orders them to be sealed, much less concealed. Hawaii's Director of the Department of Health has been clear about this:

“There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama’s official birth certificate. State law (Hawai‘i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record.

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures. source

And, YES, he does have to prove that he is a Natural Born Citizen if he is to hold that office.

He has. State officials have stated they hold his original records, and the certificate he presented is a valid certificate.

The certificate Obama presented shows his birth place as Honolulu Hawaii, qualifying him as a natural born citizen.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Please view those images.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
One point I have to state is how funny all this is. When retired Generals complained about things against Bush it was valid and taken seriously. When retired Generals complain about things against Obama it's dismissed outright. As a Libertarian I find that hypocritical.

Just my $0.02

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Apparently, you have not seen Fact Check reporting on this, where they show the hardcopy of the document.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join