It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Upsets CNBC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ron Paul Upsets CNBC

www.youtube.com

Ron Paul opening's statement before Ben Bernanke testimony before House Financial Services Committee on 2009.02.25
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul in his continuing educational campaign , has snuck one by the controlled mainstream media of CNBC. It seems CNBC overlooked that they were taping live ; which sent them scrambling once Ron Paul had made his opening speach before Ben Bernanke's testimony to the House Financial Services Committee .

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
posting a youtube video is not a reputable news source - on the same page you linked was a video about a skateboarding dog....

please find any reputable source as per the rules please.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
the full version
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Love it. I hope a lot of people saw that and realized that he might have an idea of what he's talking about. Clearly the CNBC guys were caught off guard and I simply love it. Even if you don't agree with what Paul was saying, it should at least be evidence to the idea that the MSM DOES try to control what gets exposed to the public.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
LOL @ how transparent the corpo-shills are...

"Uh-oh, our masters are not going to be pleased that we allowed some more NON-propaganda to be spewed out to the sheeples".

Bravo for Dr. Paul to keep going after these criminals and putting their feet to the fire. He appears to be the lone man standing in this regard...

[edit on 27-2-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Yep. Love it!

The CNBC anchors seem very obviously rankled. "Oh crap, we're not supposed to let people talk about that kind of stuff on TV! Ohhhh, we're in deep doggie-doo now!!!"

Great thread OP

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
posting a youtube video is not a reputable news source - on the same page you linked was a video about a skateboarding dog....

This, in context, was one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen in ATS. Youtube is hosting, depending on content there can be a reputable source.

Stop wasting our reading time with ad hoc debunkering.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The video was of a reputable news source, see where it says CNBC on the screen nancy brown noser? I was watching, so i know it isnt a fabrication of the OP.
It would have been great if one of those anchors would have said congressman paul got it absolutely right. Both of them made me sick with their cheap comments.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
hahahaha

I watched this vid on a different thread and I laughed SOOO hard when they got all flustered at the end of his opening statement.

I love it when they said they were going to take a break and "get them out of the way" .... one question I have with regards to what he says after that ... I've listened to it several times and I swear it sounds like he says ... "we're going to take a commercial break, get them out of the way so that when something really SUBSTANDARD is happening we don't have to interupt them" ...

I swear that's what I hear but I could be wrong.

Someone is telling it like it really is and they don't like it!!

[edit on 27-2-2009 by cnichols]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Excuse me, but the youtube clip was of a "reputable" news source. You sound just like the corporate shills who did not want the public to hear what the illustrious Dr. Paul was saying. Shame on you for trying to derail this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

ummm youtube is simply hosting the news source bud
if anything seeing it live is more reputable than an article link

there's nothing wrnog with a youtube link as long as it's not a skateboarding dog

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So.... CNBC is not a reputable news source? Um... Just because it was posted on a video hosting website, doesn't demean the original content.

By the way, I bet you watched that skateboarding dog and found it entertaining...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
Love it. I hope a lot of people saw that and realized that he might have an idea of what he's talking about. Clearly the CNBC guys were caught off guard and I simply love it. Even if you don't agree with what Paul was saying, it should at least be evidence to the idea that the MSM DOES try to control what gets exposed to the public.
Exactly, that is the main reason for this post. Thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
CNBC has constantly supported Ron Paul, they even quoted Eddie Lampert last night recommending Austrian economic readings...Rick Santelli and the bond traders broke into applause one day when Ron Paul drilled Bernanke...he's been a guest time and time again. I don't see how this sent them "scrambling" as to not hear him

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Thanks for posting the full youtube version.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cnichols

"we're going to take a commercial break, get them out of the way so that when something really SUBSTANDARD is happening we don't have to interupt them" ...

I swear that's what I hear but I could be wrong.

Ha Ha, he said substantial, but I like your version better. It is more accurate anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is not going as planned.

No it is not.

See how nervous they looked when they realized their liberal, brain scrubbing, damage control machine wasn't plugged in?

taping live ...taping live...quick think up some words to make it seem insignificant...

"when something substantial happens"
"we don't have to interrupt them"

That's too funny.

MSNBC is like watching lollipop people with corporate sticks up their butts.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
These MSM control tactics , contributed to Ron Paul being 'quelched' during the presidential campaign. Thank god Ron Paul is still on his educational campaign.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
first,,,,i'm a huge ron paul fan and supporter but..........

you are all completely wrong, and have taken this whole thing out of context

in all these hearings the member make open statements

this takes forever and is somewhat a waist,,,,so lately they have shortened it from 5 to 2 minutes,,,,,or foregoing opening remarks all together

sometimes there's 40 members,,,,so opening statements can take from 80 minutes to 2 and a half hours b4 a witness even speaks or answers a single question

this is long, boring,,,, drug out,, and makes hearings take forever
you waist 2 hours b4 the witness even answers a single question or states his testimony,,,,,,the whole reason everyone is there

cnbc was under the impression,,,,it would begin with bernanke's testimony,,,
it was pure coincidence that ron paul was speaking his opening comments

cnbc just wanted to air bernanke's opening statement,,,,,,and got screwed up on the timing

their is no conspiracy here,,,,,,,sorry,,,, but i watch these things a couple of times a week on cspan,,,,since i'm out of work

top topics

<<   2 >>

join