It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large fenced in area in middle of AZ desert?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Look at the sign on the fence. Wonder what it says?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

OOPS! Sorry 'bout that. I meant Chandler, but mistyped the other.

It was a report I heard on the radio... haven't seen any thing in print or on TV.
This was Sunday, sometime, and mentioned the Gila River Tribe, specifically, and not the Tohono O'odham.

I could be mistaken, wouldn't be the first, nor will it be the last...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

I don't know could be. Steve said near Sacaton and blackwater and the dry Gila River (which can be seen on the areal photo). If you look at that on the map its still pretty far from Chandler.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
someone google this #

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

maybe its just an unfinished community and the cash to develop it ran out?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GondelleX
interesting,

scary thought..... wire on the inside

keep being reminded at this #ty world

The wires coiled like that would make it harder for someone to get in if you think about getting a ladder and then trying to make your way all the way over that mass of barbed wire. It's quite wide.

That's my particular view on it anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The picture was taken from inside the compound, which would explain the road ending and the razor wire, it's pointing out towards an incoming road.

Also in the top picture, look towards the distance in the centre, you can see the reflection from windows, a porta cabin maybe, the back hoe is to the right, you can also see it in the bottom picture, in the bottom left hand corner.

I think someone is using suggestion to help us think something sinister is happening, if you imagine standing the other way looking in, would it be as strange?

Just a thought, not saying the OP is guilty at all of anything, bringing this here is helping clear up another mystery.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
The picture was taken from inside the compound, which would explain the road ending and the razor wire, it's pointing out towards an incoming road.

I have to disagree with you due to the fact that we can see the corner of the fence.

As far as I can see, I dont see any signs that say "keep out" and as far as I know, a fence doesn't mean you can't go somewhere. I would check around for "keep out" signs, if there are none, jump that puppy and check it out.

My guess is that it is an underground facility of sorts. The barbwire keeping people out is not that concercing to me but the razorwire to keep people in is disturbing.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but there's stuff like this all over AZ. I live near something that looks just like this. Construction is EVERYWHERE. There's also no sign that says "lethal force". I'll actually post more photos if that's what's needed.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Try coordinates

Lat 33.0511

Long 111.7284

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That's north and west respectively for those coords too, people.

Otherwise if you leave them out you get some place in China.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Just to clarify its Lat 33.051100 and Long -111.728400 (note the neg -)

Why do you say this is the location?

Why not Lat 33.022580 and Long -111.663151 ?

That spot looks just as good to me and its in the middle of nowhere.

Unless Steve tells us where I don't think we can say for certain.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
[edit on 27-2-2009 by solarstorm]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
also on another site where they are discussing this they pointed out that you can see what looks like a backhoe or something. Its yellow and visible in the bottom picture in the distance left side of fence.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by 2 cents]

Thats an excavator used to dig the mass graves.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Would it be this place:

Gila River Indian Community Criminal Facility - Sacaton, Arizona

The facility is a 120 bed, 68,000 square foot detention and law enforcement facility on the Gila River Indian Reservation near Phoenix. Buford Goff and Associates, Inc. responsibilities include design of the security electronics and communications systems. Included within the design responsibilities are door control and monitoring for pneumatic and electrically operated door locks, intercom, personal duress alarm, paging, card access, closed circuit television and control consoles. These systems are integrated into a functional security management and control system. The estimated cost of the project is $15 million with the security electronics and communications systems costs estimated to be $760,000.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The barbed wire on top of the fence is pointing outwards, not inwards. So we can put the "prison" theories to rest. The fence is there to keep people out, not in.

As far as what the facility is, it could be any thing. The military is always putting up new places in the desert to test things out, like weapons or vehicles. Corporations do the same thing, for testing out vehicles, machinery, products, etc. It could be an archaelogical site where they are digging up bones or something. It could even be a new drag-racing track they are constructing.

Why doesn't someone just call up the nearest town to that facility and ask what it is? The town hall or whoever owns the land should know. If they don't want to tell you, then that means the facility has to be something military-related. If not, they will tell you what it is.

In one of the photos, you can see a sign on the fence.

More than likely the sign on the fence is a little advertisement for the construction company that is building the "facility" and putting up the fences. It's too bad you cannot see what's on the sign in the photograph, else we could call up the construction company and just ask them what they are building. Perhaps the guy who took the photos can go back and take photos of the sign for us? Someone e-mail him, his e-mail is on the coasttocastam site.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by BlackOpsAgent9]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
After some simple research I have determined that this "compound" is in Pinal County, Arizona. The county government would be the appropriate people to contact regarding what this "compound" is and why it's being constructed. Here's some telephone numbers:

Pinal County Planning & Development:
1-520-866-6442
(Should DEFINITELY know what it is)

Pinal County Treasurer:
1-888-431-1311
(Might know what it is, since they would have to be dealing with the money used to built the complex)

Pinal County Sheriff's Office:
1-800-420-8689
(Should know, since they have to police it and the surrounding area)

Pinal County Citizen Contact Center:
1-520-509-3555
1-888-431-1311
(Contact numbers to contact the county government, try to get through to someone who would know what the complex being built is)

Arizona Department of Environmental Quality:
1-602-771-2300
(The might know why something is being dug in the desert)

[edit on 28-2-2009 by BlackOpsAgent9]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
EDIT: Never mind, it seems as though my question has already been answered.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Impreza]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What's the difference? It wouldnt be fun climbing over either
direction it looks like! It is a circular band of razor wire, not
single barbed wires spaced evenly apart and angled in or out.
It would keep people in OR out ultimately. (the new nwo design)
It looks like a disguised prison fence, not a security fence.
I'll call the county and inquire about it, if someone wants to run out
and try to climb over it! I'm sure they'll tell us if its a death camp!

(of course I'm not advocating you do that)

It's turned outward to keep people from climbing in to
photograph the bodies!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I e-mailed the guy who took the photos, and he was kind enough to also send me this one he took:

img16.imageshack.us...

You can see a lot more of the compound in this photo. Doesn't really look as remote as we originally thought, and doesn't look as big. Looks like houses and other buildings not far off into the distance. Really, now I think it could be a construction site for anything. Barbed wire is probably just there to prevent theft and vandalism, which is pretty standard for any construction site where a business or company is setting up.

The county should definitely know what's being constructed there.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by BlackOpsAgent9]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join