It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo on cnn !undeniable proof! debunk this if you can!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nothing to debunk..... It's a street lamp...

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is exactly what's wrong with this subject. People like me get very frustrated because the subject doesn't get serious academic attention.

Well why would it? If everybody's time gets wasted with kooks proffering a remarkable but prosaic video of a bolide with added streetlight. No wonder people think we're loonies.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

exactly so the question u need to ask is why does it keep happening and who profits from it?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin

I am in complete agreement with you sir. Although I believe that things are not always what they seem, I also believe that we on ATS have to start being a little bit realistic when something like this comes along. For a start, the video quality is often not high enough to allow each member to accurately asses the evidence provided. Secondly , although I understand the attitude which allows someone to shout UFO at innanimate terran objects, I must say that a little bit of basic scientific examination (of which even a child is capable) would solve a few "mysteries" .Often this site gets flooded with nonsense, and it does make it difficult to keep ones spirits up whilst fighting for disclosure , when the bulk of posts contain unsupportable so called evidence

I would like to take this oppertunity to advocate a realistic and scientific approach to future posting, and evidence provision.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldReallyIsThatBorin
This is exactly what's wrong with this subject. People like me get very frustrated because the subject doesn't get serious academic attention.

Well why would it? If everybody's time gets wasted with kooks proffering a remarkable but prosaic video of a bolide with added streetlight. No wonder people think we're loonies.

It is kind of ironic that the believers always blame the skeptics for UFOlogy not going anywhere (by debunking everything), yet they are the very reason this subject is not taken seriously by academics as you say.

It seems to me, that if there were any real 'disinfo agents' it would not be the skeptics, but those who tarnish us by constantly posting obvious hoaxes and mundane objects, that make UFOlogists seem like they are nuts as a whole.

Speaking for myself as a skeptic, I just try to debunk what is obviously not anything worth waisting our time with, in the hope that ATS can move on and find something worthy of investigation.

Sometimes I wonder why I stick around, but if it means that only one person is not sucked into a hoax, then it's worth it IMHO.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeta1991

skeptics the game is up

This guy in the video says that we get manipulated and controlled by the government. Yes, I agree ... ... but we are only manipulated and controlled in the way that we are now manipulating and controlling each other.

People have become so focused on bashing and ridiculing one another instead of focusing on finding the the truth. We need to find our focus again.

Greetings

[edit on 27-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Sometime I wonder why I stick around, but if it means that only one person is not sucked into a hoax, then it's worth it IMHO.

Hey, it is still better than TV, isn't it?

What I would like to say is that I cannot say for sure that it is a street lamp. In fact, I would never have come to think of a street lamp. To me, it is an "unidentified" because I don't know what it is - "flying" because it is in the air - "object" because it is obviously an object.

One definition of object:

a person or thing with reference to the impression made on the mind or the feeling or emotion elicited in an observer:

Holy Cow - is it a UFO?

Well, by definition yes. But what's inside? I do NOT know.

Greetings

ps: now I am relieved to have found something to write into the second line.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dude that thing is called a street light. It has the sun rays reflecting off.

that is all. If you knew the point of view was from the ground on a street it would of been easy to figure out.

look at it closer and you should see that it's the lamp part of the street light.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The camera isn't steady, so you can tell how far an object is in relation to how far it moves when the camera shakes.

That object is in the foreground. If it's a UFO, it's only at most 20 feet from the people on the street.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeta1991
look ill level with you
i dont like skeptics
i never have
they are creepy
arrogant
ignorant

!

I agree

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

Ok my take on the video, yes a fireball of some sort can plainly be seen.

On the top right corner there is also to be seen a stationary silvery object which on close inspection is a streetlight.

To my mind the most interesting part of the video is the TV journalist saying that the FAA said later that the fireball was probably a meteorite the size of a pickup truck.

A pickup truck ?????

I have no white coat people but as far as I'm aware, if a meteorite passes through our atmosphere and remains the size of a pickup truck, then it's going to create a bloody big hole in the ground.

I am amazed this thread spent so much time dicking over a streetlamp and not asking the obvious question. What the hell was the fireball and where did it land ?

If it was part of the satellite collision then why would the FAA state that it was probably a meteorite ?

Something fell to earth, whether it was David Bowie or a can of tomatoes someone must have seen or heard it, hit the deck somewhere.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a better question,,,

how do you manage to get negative 1140 points in 3 days

obviously you aren't here to learn or participate,,,,but to teach others the error of our ways

why do we fight admitting we are wrong,,,,why is it so hard to do??????

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's people like Zita who give ammunition to skeptics by constantly posting videos of birds, Venus, street lamps, etc. You people are worse than the skeptics. And you have only your blind foolishness to blame.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's debris coming down and burning up!!!! I've seen this many times before FFS.

The other object is a lamp.

Case closed.

[that was easy]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I agree... it plainly shows a freaking street light. You will notice the point of view of the camera which is on a street showing a fire ball falling and a street lamp in the right got part into the frame.

Case Closed.

The dudes ufo was a street lamp. This shows that he never seen a street lamp in his life.

the reason I say this is that he claims it's a UFO. Which is a ufo to him not to many or us.

cause a UFO is something you can't identify. UFO's are commonly top secrete projects. Cause those are new stuff therefore you never seen those things in your life.

So case close the dudes ufo was a street lamp.

He needs to get out more and take a look at what a street light looks like.

Cause I for one could identify it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hey, nice video to the OP, it is not every day we get to see something like this. If it were the size of a pickup truck that is big enough to be news.

Even if it is a light post and not a mother ship, this will still help making public that there are many people interested in UFO footage such as this. And yes you should call it a UFO until you know what it is.

Kudos for the cameraman who coincidentally had the camera at the perfect angle.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ls1cameric
reply to post by zeta1991

Uhhh.... Are you completely ignorant??? They are talking about the fireball streeking across the sky, not the streetlight!

Thats funny. You make me laugh because the OP WASNT talking about the meteor.... They were talking about the street light. They thought it wasnt a street light.

Did you really just call SOMEONE ELSE ignorant?

Thanks for the laugh

and for the record, OP, the object you are reffering to IS a street light.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is people like Zeta that give all UFO believers the bad stereotype.

It is one thing to believe in UFOs, I do, but it is an entirely different problem when someone believes every single misidentification and hoax on film.

There has been some 'UFO' photos and videos lately that are debunked so easily, yet some diehard believers won't let go and admit they were wrong and then once again you have the outside observers muttering 'damn UFO nuts'.

Like the seagull image the other day, that was shown to be a seagull by about 4 or 5 different members, yet some posters either ignored the explanation or attacked them as 'disinfo agents'.

Please. Grow up and be big enough to admit when you are wrong.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I agree. That's pretty much what I said just a few posts above yours.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
To my mind the most interesting part of the video is the TV journalist saying that the FAA said later that the fireball was probably a meteorite the size of a pickup truck.

A pickup truck ?????

I have no white coat people but as far as I'm aware, if a meteorite passes through our atmosphere and remains the size of a pickup truck, then it's going to create a bloody big hole in the ground.

Fortunately, even a pickup truck meteor can be likened to throwing a compacted ball of dirt into some water. Our atmosphere acts like solid concrete in the case the weaker meteoroids (of cometary origin), and even hard stuff like solid rock/metal (asteroids) is quickly stripped away in a process called ablation.

In the case in question, the asteroid could not withstand atmospheric entry, and exploded relatively high up in the atmosphere, showering the ground below with small fragments.

"Truck sized" is probably the 'upper size limit' in this case, and would refer to the size of the object before it's entry in earth's atmosphere. During the initial part of the decent into the atmosphere, much of that volume would have been literally vaporised, leaving perhaps less than half of the original objects volume intact, up until it suffered catastrophic failure and broke up into small pieces, which would have fallen fairly harmlessly to the ground.

A reporter was talking with a pair of meteorite hunters this afternoon when one of them suddenly bent down and picked something up off the dirt, less than a foot from the writer’s shoe.

Moritz Karl quickly showed it to his colleague, Michael Farmer, who eyed it quizzically for a split-second before saying, “Is that … ?” Then, with realization, “That’s it!”

Source

Our atmosphere is a very good barrier against even quite large objects. It takes a very large or very hard object to get through, and those are quite rare.

One will get through sooner or later. That is inevitable, but chances are none of us will be around to see it.

Originally posted by moocowman
If it was part of the satellite collision then why would the FAA state that it was probably a meteorite ?

Something fell to earth, whether it was David Bowie or a can of tomatoes someone must have seen or heard it, hit the deck somewhere.

Have a read through this thread here for a few ideas

[edit on 27-2-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join