It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want your barber/hairdresser to talk to you or shut the hell up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I must have complete silence. I hate forced small talk. Hey Jose Eber, just shut your yapper already and concentrate on my do!!
:bash:

I once had a lady that talked so much she forgot to ask me if I wanted to keep my freakin' sideburns and and gave me whitewalls on one side before I could stop her. Then I had to get the other side whitewalled so it looked even.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would say definitely no talking too.

Especially since mine is just a pair of adjustable trimmers.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I dont mind the talking, Its nice to have a chat, I find it pretty boring getting my hair done as it can take hours so haveing a good chin wag is fun,

they even give us a glass of wine or 3 lol

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
they even give us a glass of wine or 3 lol

I'm obviously not going to the right place.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't mind if they chatter about themselves. I hate it when they try and make me talk about myself.

I don't much like talking about myself in general, and I certainly don't want to talk about myself with someone who I chose for their ability with scissors and brushes, not their likemindedness

Plus, it makes me feel like I'm supposed to be keeping them amused during my haircut.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
id prefer if they didn't talk.

i enjoy watching them slowly nibble away at my hair with their tools.

talking during sex is ok though.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

When they are talking to you at least they have some focus on you, I guess.

It's when they are talking to someone else and looking distracted that makes me uncomfortable!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I prefer if they would just not talk...but I always feel compelled to return the small talk when they invariably start yapping.

Not a problem any more. I bought a set of clippers and shave it all off once every two weeks...

Edit to Add: Doc...you can let the obvious joke go...

[edit on Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:44:11 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I go to a barber and we usually talk about movies and video games. Tis great, it's not forced small talk.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

LOL, so did I. buzzzzz. Easy, i wish I would just shut up though.

I had a barber years ago, that was SO engrossed in the soap opera he was watching that he actually rested his arm on top of my head, in the middle of my haircut. I had to say, DUDE, I'm not an arm rest!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I also cut my own hair now, buzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I get it just the way I want it, it's really quite easy if you know what your doing, but I do get someone to neaten where the hair stops on the back neckline, but if I feel lazy, then I go to the hairdresser.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ugh!!! I know!! I'm NOT the chatty type - hell, i don't even enjoy getting my hair cut! I just want to sit there and read my magazine and get it all over and done with!!

You're right - forced small talk SUCKS!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hate it hate it.

I used to go to a barber who was a family friend, and he was OK, but he only knows how to cut hair one way... he has been doing it for like 60 years and his style hasn't changed.

So I moved to Just Cuts, who do 'style cuts' for $20. Not a bad deal.

Problem is, the girls there never shut up. They want to know your life story and then comment on it like their opinion really matters.

I've found a great way to avoid conversation though.

I take my Ipod now.

A few won't let me use it because it gets in the way, but a couple of them do. Then there is no sound, no yapping.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
As long as they are concentrating on what they are doing, I don't care if they talk till their lips bleed...

In fact, the cute ones can talk all day if they want to...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The last 2 barbers I have seen started to talk about their homeland and religions.The guy was from Jordan and i really could careless.The other guy started telling me about him being a jehova.Again I could careless...I just want a haircut.No need for SMALL talk.
I stopped going there because they ignored the 3 things you should never talk about when doing business.
Religion,sex and politics.
I have my buddy cut my hair now.Its a mohawk so its not very hard to do.
At least I save the 20 bucks now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

OMG - that is so funny yet absolutely true.... they should just be quiet and let us relax. pleaaasssseeeee hairdressers, pleeeaaassseee!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Nope, disagree.

I am utterly, morally opposed to getting my hair cut but when I do i have a private hairdresser and she's cute...

(even though i only see her once every 2 years or so...)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
When I get my hair cut, so does my best friend. We always have a bff day...shop, have lunch etc.

We like to talk to our girls in the beauty shop, and to each other also. We have all kinds of things to talk about, it's never ending really

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I at present have a friend of mine cut it but I've had it cut at a barbers a few times. That said.

I don't mind the chatter at all. It keeps from paying attention to that annoying BZZZZZZ! of the shaver or Snip! Snip! of the scissors real close to your ears. It drives me crazy. So the chatter is all for the better for me but I gotta be careful of one thing. I don't want to kick into "Comedian" mode of talk. The last thing I need to hear is "Hahahaha! ..... oops."

Edit for spelling and grammar.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Deson]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I absolutely HATE someone that talks to me when I get a haircut. I prefer a person who is stoically intent on doing a good job. I was actually cut on the ear one time by some idiot who was spewing out some inane, meaningless, blather while carelessly wielding her razor sharp scissors!

There was actually a period of 6 years when I went to the same hairdresser though. She was (1) Smokin' HOT (2) Gave a great haircut (3) A total MUTE!!! no kidding!

Man was I bummed out when she changed professions!

As a side note... I can't imagine how guys used to allow a barber to give them a shave with a straight-edge razor! RUSSIAN ROULETTE in my book

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Snisha]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join