It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

society after x

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A lot of people here seem to be prepared or preparing for situation x...

if all out anarchy were to occur, how would the interaction between survivors play out?

there would potentially be tens; if not, hundreds of thousands different tribes of survivors across the country. people are bound to band together quickly to possess safety in numbers

Widespread conflict between us would be inevitable.

could some degree of normality resume following an event like this? or would it wipe out civilized society forever?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
To look see how humanity would react to SitX , then all you have to do for comparrison is look at the tribes living in Africa, They have no technology, yet do suprisingly well considering, they have conflicts between different tribes but most of the time either avoid contact or at least communicate with others.
Us 'civilised' people would do the same, it would be a time we'd actually stop bickering for a while and help each other. There's be no barriers between rich and poor, black and white, Christian or Muslim, we'd be men and women trying to survive.
Then after generation or two with no outside interferrence from Aliens or entities from another dimension (
) maybe after supplies have dwindled the lazy freeloaders would slowly die off because they would be hoping someone comes along , feeds and clothes them, the hard working 'farmers' and planners would survive due to the nature of having to get things done.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gourlay
A lot of people here seem to be prepared or preparing for situation x...

if all out anarchy were to occur, how would the interaction between survivors play out?

there would potentially be tens; if not, hundreds of thousands different tribes of survivors across the country. people are bound to band together quickly to possess safety in numbers

could some degree of normality resume following an event like this? or would it wipe out civilized society forever?

you're gonna se a massive change in the human pysiology.

it's not gonna be "man from the 1990's" in a mad max world of 2010.

it's going to be man transmuted into something completely different ...

don't believe me?
dont want to work on that avenue of reality?

so be it.

but that's what's going to be THE RELEVANT ASPECT in all of this.

-

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Reply to Deathwraith

Interesting view on Africa - The Eastern Congo is the scene of one of the longest contious conflicts on the planet, very much enabled by tech. The majority of Africans are subject to punishing living conditions brought about by challenging landscape, dictatorships or a lack of infrastructure.

"They do surprisingly well considering"..... I'm not sure if your patronising of Africans or your ignorance of the reality of life in Afirca disturbs me more.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gourlay

It will be wide and varied is my best guess.

Old ugly things like racism will surely pop up, and need to be put
down or it will end up making matters MUCH worse.

I think like folks will gravitate together and look out for each other.

We have the power to make things better than they were.

Instead of a greed based society, we could have one that seeks
a sustainable future using clean power, and organic foods.

We could see the banning of patenting human DNA, patenting
of seeds, and bio engineering in terminator genes into seeds.

We could see huge HMO's banned and all the parasitic corporatism
sent down the river.

Co-ops of the rural areas were fo the farmers, and could be applied
to medical and insurance like USAA already does for military members.

Odds are it will just restart and "history will repeat itself yet again"
and why that allegory is a like a tire with too many miles on it.

Only when the world sees the evil filthy rich power brokers at
the top for the slave masters that they are and throws them down
will the world have a chance at world wide freedom and true hope.

The power hungry parasites must go.

Odds are this won't happen so I will be deep in the wilderness
relaxng with good ppl and watch the falling of yet another empire.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I highly encourage you to play Fallout 3 if you haven't already, OP. I think Bethesda Studios got it right when they designed that history and environment. The good people would be few and far between, folks would become mentally unsettled, racism would be rampant, slavery would occur, and those who have resources will defend them with their lives.

Oh, I look forward to it
. It would actually be rather fun to be a wanderer...though I'd probably form something like the Brotherhood Of Steel.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If the worldwide trade networks break-down (for whatever reason) then countries without self-sufficiency for food will be in turmoil.

Barter systems will spring up and cash will be less accepted.

Having a bicycle (something that doesn't rely on fuel) will be useful and people will move around on foot a lot more.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think a better question to ask, is what would you do in that situation? We can never know what we would be capable of until we have to face that situation. But I for one, am sure that I wouldn't run around causing havoc and chaos. I would try to get as many friends and family and strangers round up and whom were willing to work together. Then just try to survive, pass on whatver useful information I could to young children, and try to lead a good example. So that when they grew up they weren't just a bunch of savages.

This is what really scares me, is that people won't care to try and teach children anything about were we came from, how to treat one another. I wish they would create some sort of time capsule that pretty much records everything that "civilized" humanity has done, so in another 6,00 years we won't have future archaeologists pondering how mankind went from hunter gatherers to where they would be in the future.

Serious thought, I believe that we have declined from greatness in the past. I firmly believe that we would go back to a hunter gatherer society and slowly build are civilization back up over thousands of years.

Anyway, sorry if that was incoherent. Im trying to type fast at work cause I gotta get of this site and do some actual work!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smitewinit

I had the same thought, one of the things I will be carrying out is
multiple digital copies of wikipedia, and written instructions how
to access it offline via a program called wiki taxi.

It it a text only version, but it is portable.

I also downloaded a lot of the wiki books for the same reasons.

So if it goes down I will be handing out the knowledge to those
good ppl I come across.

top topics

join