It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'to shoot down N Korean missile'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Your Joking
, please tell me our joking

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
But what we are saying is that PRESSTV is a crap news source and is wrong ALL the time.

This thread is predicated on a falsehood and that falsehood is PRESSTV.

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jfj123

and if you pulled you head out of your ass you will see he used the title from the source he used - which is as per breaking news rules.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by jfj123

Your Joking
, please tell me our joking

NOPE
My shortest post ever on ATS

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

you want to play "chicken" with a country that has est. 2 - 6 nuc's and a entensive chemical arsenal, "to show what we have"

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

you want to play "chicken" with a country that has est. 2 - 6 nuc's and a entensive chemical arsenal, "to show what we have"

If we do nothing, Kim Jong-il continues to build his power base and become more of a threat to everyone. This would be a good opportunity to show the insane dictator that his weapons are of no use as a bargaining tool.
I'm not suggesting we take out the missile for fun or just to prove we can. Does that clarify things for you?

Imagine if we could prove that offensive weapons are now useless and the only way to protect yourself would be defensively? Think about the implications worldwide.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

This would be a good opportunity to show the insane dictator that his weapons are of no use as a bargaining tool.
I'm not suggesting we take out the missile for fun or just to prove we can. Does that clarify things for you?
no, you contradict yourself in those 2 sentences

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This would be a good opportunity to show the insane dictator that his weapons are of no use as a bargaining tool.
no, you contradict yourself in those 2 sentences

If that was your only response you probably should have not responded.
My point was that I didn't suggest doing it for the fun of it but to draw a line in the sand.

Get it now?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Every US asset west of the Hawaiin Islands is primarily focused on North Korea. Not China, not Northern Vietnam, not the Cambodians, and those warships in the region are certainly not on any routine exercise.

It would very foolish for a dictator like Kim Jong Il to even think the US would sit idly by while they fire a "communication satellite" that even appears as though it's even close to be in striking distance of Alaska or mainland America.

I partucularly like this part:

Keating said the U.S. military is ready to respond to the missile launch with at least five different systems: a naval destroyer, Aegis cruiser, radar system, space-based system and ground-based interceptor, ABC News reported.

We'll see...I hope not though. The 'launch' will most likely be this week.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
My point was that I didn't suggest doing it for the fun of it but to draw a line in the sand.

Get it now?
Draw a line in the sand , Not sure if it was meant to be funny or not , but lets see where we are. War in Iraq...War in Afgan... Defending South border.... now you want a war against N korea, o ya ,lol, Lets not forget what our bumbuddy Isreal gets us into in the Middle east..am i forgeting someone?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Get it now?
Draw a line in the sand , Not sure if it was meant to be funny or not , but lets see where we are. War in Iraq...War in Afgan... Defending South border.... now you want a war against N korea, o ya ,lol, Lets not forget what our bumbuddy Isreal gets us into in the Middle east..am i forgeting someone?

We're standing down in iraq. For the record I never thought iraq was a good idea.
I'm not talking about starting a war with N. Korea, I'm talking about stopping a ICMB type test.
We've tried to negotiate with them but you can't negotiate with a nutcase dictator.
It's like trying to negotiate with muslim extremists-you simply can't.

Why do you support North Korea?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join