It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'to shoot down N Korean missile'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

Mach 25 doesn't have squat on the Speed of Light.

The admiral did let one slip, by mentioning our space based assets.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Now, I know it says they WILL only shoot it down if the President suggests.. but I mean, it's the military advisers who tell OBama what should be done, ultimately a man with no military service, except for possible CIA agent, Obama will take advice given to Defense Sect and etc..

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

He is not saying the missile they are launching is going to hit the south :bnghd:
He was talking about how if we take out the missile right after they launch it that that may spark border aggression across the DMZ in conventional means.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i think they would have made the spark first by firing it.

they need their wings clipped until they can be trusted

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No wonder the title is what it is. It was reported by PRESSTV. This has also been reported in other major news outlets however PRESSTV indicates the US will shoot down the missile and that is NOT the case.

When will folks on ATS quit using PRESSTV as a source? Complete crap and makes the OP's who link to this source look bad.

Originally posted by Truther

Originally posted by BorgHoffen

Please change misleading title.
It doesn't say the US is to shoot down N Korean missile.
It simply says we are ready to respond as the president says.

I didnt write the story [snip], im just presenting it to you.. Make of it what you will.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

they will stop using presstv as a source the same day that faux news and cnn are stopped as `news` sources.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The story i heard was that US ships were going to watch the lanch on radar and as long as the missile was going into orbit nothing was going to happen. but if it strayed and was going to hit japan or any other country the navy would take it out at the presidents direction.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The difference is that Faux News and CNN mainly report on news that HAS ALREADY HAPPENED.

PRESSTV reports on stuff they THINK will happen and it NEVER does which puts them in the same league as the Enquirer.

Even DEBKA is more reliable than PRESSTV.

Originally posted by Harlequin

they will stop using presstv as a source the same day that faux news and cnn are stopped as `news` sources.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

saying DEBKA is more reliable than presstv is a rather large leap of faith - since DEBKA make things up and report it as news when they feel like it

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Exactly which underscores just how terrible of a news source PRESSTV must be. Debka is easily more reliable.

quote]Originally posted by Harlequin

saying DEBKA is more reliable than presstv is a rather large leap of faith - since DEBKA make things up and report it as news when they feel like it

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

LOL

stop twisting my words again. for that you fail as you usually do.

DEBKA is worse than presstv , and one day debka will actually report news not the stories the editor creates in his head whilst taking a dump.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Your title is misleading.
This is what was said

The U.S. military is prepared to shoot down a North Korean missile or rocket if President Obama should give the order, the head of the U.S. Pacific Command said Thursday.

"If a missile leaves the launch pad we'll be prepared to respond upon direction of the president," Adm. Timothy Keating told ABC News.

www.foxnews.com...

Nowhere does it say that the US WILL shoot down the missile. I really hate it when an OP creates an inflamatory title to try and get more attention. This source took literally 5 seconds to find.

Come on let's post ACCURATE info ok?

[edit on 1-3-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

and if you pulled you head out of your ass you will see he used the title from the source he used - which is as per breaking news rules.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

and if you pulled you head out of your ass you will see he used the title from the source he used - which is as per breaking news rules.

Nice personal attack.
In any case if you and the OP actually read the source article the OP cited, the OP would notice the title was inaccurate to the contents of the article.
Here are the contents of the article

The US military is "fully prepared" to shoot down any North Korean ballistic missile, the head of the US Pacific Command says.

"We will be fully prepared to respond as the president [Obama] directs," Adm. Timothy Keating said in an interview with ABC News on Thursday.

His remark came after the North announced on Tuesday that it would launch satellite Kwangmyongsong-2 into orbit as part of its space program despite claims that the country intends to test its 'long-range missiles'.

"If a missile leaves the launch pad we'll be prepared to respond upon direction of the president," said Keating.

Nowhere in the article does it say anything WILL be shot down.
Sorry you don't understand that sometimes we should take a bit of time and act a little more responsible.

Also, might I suggest you review the civility and decorum sections of the ATS T&C. They just might help you out

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

oh but im just replying in the tone laid down by you

www.presstv.ir...

click the link - the OP used that link for his thread.

the title used in the presstv link is

which is the title of the thread

so i don`t care if you think its misleading and should be removed - as per breaking news forum rules the title is correct. and your wrong.

edit:

heres the releveant section

www.abovetopsecret.com...

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.

don`t try and play a MOD.

[edit on 1/3/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Potato , Potatoe, the story is the REAL STORY here, not wording .
now, Why do you people think China will "straighten " them out ? China wants the US to do what it always does , puts its foot in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

oh but im just replying in the tone laid down by you

No, you're trying to bait me and inflame the discussion. Big difference.

so i don`t care if you think its misleading and should be removed - as per breaking news forum rules the title is correct. and your wrong.

First, it is misleading and you know it.
Second, I never said it should be removed. I just suggested a little bit more responsibility in posting would prevent titles from becoming misleading as to what the thread is about.

If you go by the title, the thread is about the fact that the US WILL shoot down the N Korean missile.

If you go by what's inside the article, then it's about what COULD happen.

So what is the thread about?
1. The fact the US WILL shoot down the missile.
or
2. The fact that the US MIGHT shoot down the missile.

don`t try and play a MOD.

Never suggested I was nor do I want to be. I'm just tired of misleading titles. Use any excuse you want but you can't change the fact that the title differs from the content.

My suggestion is that you drop the hostility before you end up with ulcers and high blood pressure.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
my bad , thought this was a tread about N Korea Tensions if i knew it was grade 2 english , i would have brought a apple

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My thought is that the US could take this opportunity to show off a number of new military technologies and make an example to other rogue nations that if we choose, we can remove your missiles from the sky at will.

Just my opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join