It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation. Did you know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm glad you are well. I have no problem with radiation per se, I am concerned over the disposing of radioactive elements into open waste water drains, etc...

It seems that 1 per year exemption os per seperate drainage system and items such as radioactive urine are not tracked and repetitive exposure to open systems can add up.

Over time, this may cause exposure incrementally, thus, causing public health problems (in certain areas) in epedemic porportions, as the areas around chernobyl (to take a worst case senerio).

These wastes and biproducts added to undisclosed Government and military "tests" that release poisons into communities, and the nonconforming disposals that are bound to be released outside of any documentation concoct a brew that we breath, absorb, ingest, etc...until only bad results result.

Reading a recent post that the Navy is to deploy undisclosed stuff in Wa, Ca, Or, and Id. states as well as the pacific ocean add to my concern.

As far as radioactive medicine, I am only concerned on how doses are measured. trial and error, as well as more accurate machinery has obviously increased successful results in cases as yours and countless others.
I hope this is the case with my woman as well. She starts radiation 5 days a week for 33 treatments this Monday.

Good health to you all.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by googolplex

I'l let my oncologist know you said so. He's gotten all biased and such by going to school, and treating people and incidentals like that.

And does that mean my cancer has not gone away? You are quite certain of that? My, my. Glad we had this little chat.

I'm not trying to be rude, but he remove problem, I'm sure you no longer have prostrate, if cured all would still be intact.
Standard prostrate radition treatment destroys prestrate and is passed in urine. Next comes the castraction, this nothing to joke about.
I try and help people people that the Doctors or most have given up on.
I am working on medical procedure right now, that is non invasive.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

After the Fermi I meltdown near Detroit they were left with I believe 50,000 gallaons of contaminated water , that water is now being dumped into lake Erie, in small amounts.

They are also work to start dumping toxic waste down in high pressure wells, they have not a clue the damage they could inflict on Great Lakes.
Or do they even care money talks, and I'm sure pay offs abound.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
I think I'd take my chances w/ Rick Simpson and his Hemp Oil cure before even considering any kind of radiation.

You have a window of opportunity in treating cancer. In most cases, get it early, you win. Wait, you lose.

Again...you don't know what you'll do til the issue comes up. Trust me on that.

Umm, lol. I know I'd rather try somethin that doesn't kill me and the majority of its users. Trust me on that...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I understand your concern. I was not injected with any radioactive material. I was exposed to radiation. I did not become radioactive, I did not pass any radioactive material. As far as I know, the prostate treatments are the only treatments that involve implantation of radioactive material which may be passed by the patient.

1 curie (obsolete terminology, btw) per year is a very small amount of radioactive material (the equivalent of 1 gram of radium). That is the maximum allowable amount. I doubt that the actual amount released by a monitored facility would even approach that figure. Unmonitored? Well, there's not that much that can be done about it. But to condemn radiotherapy because of a chance that an unmonitored facility may be exceeding this amount is a mistake.

As to arriving at the "correct" dosage? What other method than bioassay would be appropriate? There are of course limits to exposure to radiation. Because of my history even getting a dental x-ray is a bit of a risk. If cancer shows up in my body again, radiotherapy is no longer an option.

I hope your wife does well. My experience with radiotherapy was that it didn't affect me much (except for hair loss in the treatment area). I would get "zapped" in the morning every day then carry on. It was the chemo that knocked me for a loop.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree some what but if you were to study, some of the facts she presents, some seem as if could hold some merit.

The substance those flukes give off is same thing the Cancer testers, feed cancer rats to make cancer grow. Aflatoxins

The same substance is found in peanut butter, Smuckers has less than some of other peanut butter makers.

Normally you body can fend off those flukes, but will take up residence in weak organs.
All that is needed for contact is dog lick, some under cooked meat, if you drink Booze is easy to get in closed loop, live in body.

I would say it is good to get rid of these parasites, those brain worm ones for certain, but could take a while.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Believe me, I have studied cancer. There is no such thing as "cancer" as a single disease. I was lucky (if you can use the term), Hodgkins is one of the most treatable of a myriad of completely different forms of cancer.

What causes Hodgkins is unknown but I did not have intestinal parasites. There is no single cause of cancer. To tell people that there is can only be called quackery. To tell people that they can be cured of any form of cancer by removing intestinal parasites and to take money for doing so is criminal.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
[mor

What causes Hodgkins is unknown but I did not have intestinal parasites. There is no single cause of cancer. To tell people that there is can only be called quackery. To tell people that they can be cured of any form of cancer by removing intestinal parasites and to take money for doing so is criminal.

I would think sluggish lymph system, and weak or not enough killer cells, to remove problem.
They still don't understand lymph system, look not long ago they would remove the largest lymph gland in body, did even know what it was, just broke, remove Tonsils.
Radaition treatment can cause cancer leukemia.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

So it wasn't the parasites I didn't have?
Thanks for your speculation.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew I for one prefer to go in informed rather than leaving the responsibility with the "experts".
In my opinion, cancer and health in general, is too important to leave to the experts.

You presume much. I did a lot of research, and if you notice I used complementary medicine on the side. There is not a thing you can tell me I am not aware of.

Thing about prostate cancer is that if caught and treated early, it is curable using the least invasive methods...like brachyherapy.

Let it go, and your alternatives sentence you to either death by cancer as it spreads through you, or treatments that cause erectile issues, bowel and bladder incontinence, some of it or all of it.

I have full confidence that I made the right choice, and I would be so bold as to say that only a moron would bet their sex life and underwear stylings for the rest of their days upon something they read on the internet.

Any medicine is a poison with beneficial side effects. Radiation therapy included.

Originally posted by -NewSense-

[You have a window of opportunity in treating cancer. In most cases, get it early, you win. Wait, you lose.
Again...you don't know what you'll do til the issue comes up. Trust me on that.

Umm, lol. I know I'd rather try somethin that doesn't kill me and the majority of its users. Trust me on that...

Uh-Huh...then you can get your lulz out of ED and Depends...your call, hope you don't ever have to make it.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

FYI,
I appreciate your insight and it eases my mind quite a bit. Last week she had a second scan due to concerns that something was seen in a lung. The results of the second scan was negative.

She made it through chemo like a champ and a complication at this point could have had more emotional concequences than anything, which would have broken her spirit in my opinion.

She's a trooper and hearing of your success has eased my concern as well as hers, although her doctors never had any doubt, (other than the lung enomaly).

After this will be reconstructive surgery of the mastectomy. The light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.

Regards,
IMD

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn The light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.

I, too, am pleased to hear that your wife pulled through. You'll see I have been pumping standard therapies while using complementary ones as well. I'd suggest looking into Zyflamend and perhaps Essiac for a while. Both are pretty benign, but a trip to a naturopath might also be in order. Your oncology team should be on side, though. Mine simply said "It can't hurt"

Good luck

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Anecdotal information is amusing but lacking in substance. Some that have had positive outcomes could have gotten cured anyways without the treatment. And in some cases I've read, cancer can be misdiagnosed at an alarming rate. I've read with chemotherapy and some of the other treatments, the percent increase to chance of living is pretty miniscule.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

It depends on the form of cancer. Some respond better to treatment than others.

The results obtained by "conventional" therapies are statistical. It is the spontaneous and "alternative" successes which are anecdotal.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This was in Cincinnati Ohio, my area, done at University of Cincinnati Medical Center. i believe similar studies were done in Pennsylvania, and possibly in San Francisco, in the bay area.

In the Cincinnati one, about 70 some patients with cancer were given full body radiation, even though at that time, they already knew radiation was bad. The study was funded by the Department of Defense, so they would be able to get an idea of how much radiation soldiers would be able to take. A lot of the people died within a short period of time.

I had a good article saved that gave a pretty detailed breakdown of the experiment, but couldn't find it, but if you do a google search on medical radiation experiments, or government radiation experiments, tI'm sure you will find all kinds of articles.

Fortunately, I am pretty healthy and have not had to make a decision on whether or not to take radiation or chemo, but based on what I have seen with family members, I don't think I would.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join