It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Some Skepticism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Alright so I just finished watching Nassim Haramein's lecture at Rogue Valley and I don't know what to think. I can usually pick arguments apart quite easily and especially so far out ones like this, but I have to say I'm speechless. So if someone has some hard clear evidence that just completely goes against him it would be appreciated. It seems weird to say that the theory that makes the most sense is that the Old Testament can be taken literally and we were modified by aliens.

video.google.com...(PART+2)+Nassim+Haramein+at+the+Rogue+Valley&hl=en&emb=0#

video.google.com...(PART+2)+Nassim+Haramein+at+the+Rogue+Valley&hl=en&emb=0#

It's like 9 hours long so I'm more asking people who have already watched this and know his theories.

Thanks in advance, I hate to say it but it makes sense when you look at it all in the same picture.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It would be helpful if you could give a write up on

Who is Nassim Haramein and what is his lectures about.

Spending 9 hours watching a video without knowing at the start what to expect is not quite nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well, I haven't reviewed his theories, although I do live very close to him XD

I can tell you that the general consensus in the Rogue Valley is out there.

I mean come on, we have a mason lodge. XD

Anyways, I'd say that his theories are interesting, but should be taken with a grain of salt until he can provide some physical proof of his unified field theory.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Ya that's why I didn't bother just because it is nine hours long but a short summary I can do, don't judge what I say because he takes hours to get you on the same way of thinking as him.

He starts with the shape of the universe, and it is a fractal consisting of 64 tetrahedrons inside of a sphere. It is the shape of our universe as well as the shape of a black hole. To him all matter is made of black holes of varying sizes, be it "Black holes", suns, earth, atoms, protons, and even us. The universe, since it is fractal in nature is expanding as well as contracting infinitely around the center of the universe which is you (which is consciousness/knowledge). This consciousness is necessary as a feedback to the fractal universe because simply how do you know your there unless you stand in front of a mirror. That's about 3 hours and he goes much more indepth and adds much more information.

Then he starts by showing some crop circles, that are simply amazing in the sense that they are absolutely huge and were made during a very bad storm inside a military base right beside NASA's Satellites that are looking for aliens. These show images of an alien holding a cd which has binary code on it that conveys a short message pretty telling us to stop being ignorant. Also there is a large fractal diagram along with a huge diagram showing the aliens DNA structure, that they are silicon/carbon in nature, live on their 3, 5, and 6 planet from their sun in whatever galaxy.

Again much time is simplifying above and adding much more information, then he delves into our history. When I say history I mean complete history, he goes from Adam and Eve, to Atlantis, to Eygpt, to China, to South America, to the Knights Templars, pretty much everything and he follows, these sun gods and the knowledge they passed onto us. This knowledge was essentially the power of black holes, and therefore the universe. He claims that this was the purpose of the pyramids, this was the the ark of the covenant.

I can only guess how crazy that sounds to someone who didn't just have it explained to them over 9 hours so ya, take it or leave it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Well the mathematics, I think will come up in his favor, as for the alternative history most likely not, hopefully it won't discredit his math though. His evidence has always been there for anyone who wants it, but with the way our society thinks I don't there is anyway it will be accepted anytime soon. We seem to be fine with thinking that anything written down before 2500 years ago was wild exaggerations if not completely made up.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJones

Oh please,

That Old Testament stuff is rubbish...isn't it?

I certainly hope so, because the Old Testament is cruel and horrible - I think we need a lot of loving and nurturing and Jesus here in this world now, not the Old Testament.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Here's a long and interesting read with many links that presents the bible as an astrolonomical and astrological metaphor. It deals mostly with the New Testament but it applies to the old testament to a large degree as well. I recommend starting with the links under the "Getting up to Speed" section:

jesusastrotheology.netfirms.com...

I'm not saying I agree with this man, but he puts forth a very, very convincing article that the entire bible (and indeed the foundations of just about every religion and text) are related to metaphors for constellations and events that take place in the sky, from the progression of the sun over a typical year to far more complex types of astronomical events. He backs his case up with tons of evidence and must have spent years putting this world-view together. Its based on the (to my mind) fairly rational assumption that observations of the heavenly bodies (starting with the sun and the moon and working out to the stars) provided much of the early impetus behind all religious thought. Starting with the most basic needs to somehow cope with the terrors of the dark each night, when predators roamed and no sleeper was safe (perhaps even before man tamed fire).

I give you this because its a very convincing take on the bible that differs totally from the one you posted in the original post. Comparing two vastly different yet complex and convincing theories at the same time gives the mental flexibillity needed to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and yet enjoy such theroies on their own terms, even if they are utterly mistaken.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Well he doesn't talk about it all and frankly I don't know enough about it to even comment but what he does talk about is the ark of the covenant. He follows its story, notices how the specifications of it are built like a capacitor and that those specifications fit into molds in the pyramids perfectly. He reads quotes and what not that shows how it was the ark not Moses that did all the "supernatural" things, which isn't really supernatural because the anti-gravity power it posses is entirely natural. Then he goes more into the Kaballhist (sp?) traditions and their sacred geometry because it mimics his own theory.

He actually explains that the Bible was the very last thing he researched over many years because I think that was what he was raised as and he rebelled against it at an early age and had trouble going back to it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Just looked at that website - no thank you.

I believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the World, and I do not need a brainwashng website to tell me otherwise.

Jesus will save.....wordy websites will not.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJones
He starts with the shape of the universe, and it is a fractal consisting of 64 tetrahedrons inside of a sphere. It is the shape of our universe as well as the shape of a black hole. To him all matter is made of black holes of varying sizes, be it "Black holes", suns, earth, atoms, protons, and even us. The universe, since it is fractal in nature is expanding as well as contracting infinitely around the center of the universe which is you (which is consciousness/knowledge).

This is new age crapola so it's by definition absolute nonsense.

The universe is not a black hole. If anyone remembers the previous thoughts on the nature of the universe, a black hole universe would correspond to the universe model that eventually collapses on itself.

Remember, the other two models were expanding forever and expanding to a certain point and remaining there due to a balance between expansion and the overall gravitational force working against it.

These models (except the constant expansion one) were basically completely blown away when it was determined a couple years ago that the expansion of the universe is accelerating.

Strike one against the witch doctor guru.

Then he starts by showing some crop circles, that are simply amazing in the sense that they are absolutely huge and were made during a very bad storm inside a military base right beside NASA's Satellites that are looking for aliens. These show images of an alien holding a cd which has binary code on it that conveys a short message pretty telling us to stop being ignorant. Also there is a large fractal diagram along with a huge diagram showing the aliens DNA structure, that they are silicon/carbon in nature, live on their 3, 5, and 6 planet from their sun in whatever galaxy.

Crop circles are hoaxes. There is no evidence whatsoever to the contrary and reams of evidence that they are.

Strike 2 for the shaman who is stupid enough to try to use crop circles as evidence for anything at all.

Again much time is simplifying above and adding much more information, then he delves into our history. When I say history I mean complete history, he goes from Adam and Eve, to Atlantis, to Eygpt, to China, to South America, to the Knights Templars, pretty much everything and he follows, these sun gods and the knowledge they passed onto us. This knowledge was essentially the power of black holes, and therefore the universe. He claims that this was the purpose of the pyramids, this was the the ark of the covenant.

Atlantis and Adam and Eve never existed. There is no real evidence for the existence of the Ark of the Covenant. The purpose of the pyramids, according to the same people that built them, was to provide a place for the dead person's spirit to visit whenever it returned to Earth for a walkabout or whatever.

Strike three for the hoodoo conman.

There's more, but he's already out and walking back to the dugout.

However, I'm sure he'll sell some books and feel better eventually, though how a person can feel good about making a living from telling blatant lies is beyond me.

Harte

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
For someone who's got a "unified field theory" that solves the whole Generalized Unified Field Theory issue, he seems to be a non-starter. Generally he's mostly self-published. This isn't a crime when you're in comic books or fiction or whatever -- but math theories that can't stand up to a regular math or physics journal are immediately suspect:
en.wikipedia.org...

So I reviewed a paper on his site:
www.theresonanceproject.org...

Most of the articles cited in the reference section of their paper cites other papers that they've written and published for the Noetic Sciences Institute.

The math in there is interesting but doesn't seem to be "predictive"... in other words, they seem to be cherry picking some samples but haven't used it to explain other things. When I look at who cites him, the only people citing him are he and his colleagues.

Finally, as another critique says, he seems to be taking a riff off of Deepak Chopa. Chopa is an interesting person but I don't believe I'd use any of Chopa's physics if I was designing an airplane or a bridge.

I don't watch videos (I simply don't have the time) but the "history" part of it sounds absolutely awful.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The important thing your missing about the black hole is not only is it always expanding its also always contracting which is a big difference, well if you can reject something before reading it congrats. Check out some of Stephen Hawkings new work, it deals with everything being black holes. I saw it on a documentary so no link sorry.

I personally have no idea what crop circles are but saying they're all made but people with some boards and rope is in my opinion more ridiculous than aliens.

I'd like to agree with you but I just don't agree at all with your argument.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by DJones]

new topics

top topics

join