It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do aliens pick whom they will abduct?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a list? i doubt it. i am with the convenience theory all the way. you are driving down a secluded road with your wife, they spot you, and bam! you are back in your car an housr later and thats it. Maybe the people they abduct as kids all the way to adults is because they could have possibly been bread with some alien genes and are testing how they are living. I guess no one will know exactly.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I agree Fooffstarr, we don't know enough to say anything. We don't even *know* if aliens are here to abduct people in the first place. That aside, I enjoy speculation

UFOs are sighted occasionally during day or night. The general trend tends to be night time and preferably dark. They aren't seen flying down freeways at 12:30pm or hovering over Macy's Store on Christmas Eve. Public displays are rare and probably represent much less than 1% of sightings. By public displays I mean like the White House 1952 UFO flap.

Our aircraft can't keep up with them and they can apparently turn off weapons systems. They demonstrate several levels of visibility and not always at the same moment:

Radar + no sighting
Sighting + no radar
Photograph + no sighting
Photograph + sighting
No sighting + infrared image
Sighting + invisible/disappear

Given the apparent level of their technology and sophistication, they could simply come and go as they please without any serious threat to their safety. We'd have as much success as a dog chasing it's own tail. This is what makes it so interesting...they don't.

They are clearly making some attempt at secrecy. The confirmation of their presence is being withheld by themselves as implied by their actions. It's possible their attempts to remain discreet dictates the potential population sample available to them.

A wide, representative cross-section would include every ethnicity and section of society. The physiology of a poor person would be different to that of a rich person fro example. Environment and diet would be differentiated. Pollutants are different throughout the world also. This is were their sample becomes limited.

For one reason or another the United States appears to represent the limits of the sample population. Europe, South America, China, Africa and Australia don't have the abduction mythology anywhere near to the same extent as the Americans. The majority of cases are white people. Chinese, Hispanic, African-American are very under-represented. Is it a white sample requirement? Again, it doesn't happen in Europe.

So we see them being limited to the USA, working at night and avoiding the attention of humans as much as possible. It's natural therefore, that they take their samples from isolated people in wide-open areas. Basically, out in the sticks. The USA is predominantly white so their sample reflects that bias. They are reduced to sampling a small section of white people from Nowheresville, USA. The attempts to remove or bury the memories of their subjects can be another reflection of their secrecy or an act of compassion.

Given the apparent level of technology they have I fail to understand why they'd need samples anyway. They could download all the medical science known about man including the entire genome for several species. They could grow major organs, blood and extrapolate DNA sequences based on other samples. We are on the cusp of growing skin, blood and organs and they should be light years ahead of us.

Who the heck knows

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think People here think that aliens are all powerful and can do anything, i do not think they are that advanced or powerful, they do not know who is a skeptic and who is not. Its the same with people, you cant tell by looking at them. So i think it would just be at random, then when they have the person they will do there tests and experiments.

I doubt there computer says who to abduct and tell them all about that person, if they are alien i doubt there systems can use our internet or download human info. It wouldnt be compatable.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Redfield]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

do they just fly around till they find someone that looks fun to poke

Just in case I'm going to get a T-Shirt made and wear it all over that says "I'm fun to poke".
I hope it works.
Though I hear the downside can be pretty grim I really would love to be abducted...

I'll be keeping a very close eye on the prerequisites to being abducted.

peace

edit =

[edit on 1-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

But I did once have an experience that suggested that most everybody comes into contact with them but at levels of consciousness they are completely oblivious to.

It's like dreaming. Some people say they never dream. Scientists say everybody dreams. What varies is that some people don't remember dreaming at all. Other people remember a dream or two. Some people remember tons of dreams. Other people get fully lucid in dreams. Some people even dream things that happen in the future. So in this example, the people who don't remember their dreams can say, and be totally sincere, that "I don't dream." We just fortunately have enough science to know that this is not correct.

We don't yet have enough science to know that humanity's exposure may be as widespread and regular as dreaming. We only know that a tiny number of people appear to remember something of the experience. A tinier % of those remember quite a bit of detail. A much larger % of people have a fascination pro or con that is not really backed up with logic if they are truly not experiencing it, and I suspect some of that is subconsciously driven from the experience despite lack of memory.

But who knows.

Best,
PJ

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
So what is their criteria for people they take.

I mean they never take real important people.

If they are so smart and so much more powerful than us why play these games?

You have asked 3 questions.
To answer this, you need a key. A data base, of all the abductees. In this data base would contain the place, date, and time of each event. You would have the race, ethnicity and country of origin. You would also have any religious affiliation. All the statistics. That would answer the first question.

Number 2. You don't know that important, influential people have not been "Abducted". The probabilities are greater, that they have, been abducted.

Number 3. Why play games? Why hide in the shadows and "Steal" that which does not belong to them. That is the hard one. The answer lies inside each and every one of us. But to answer this you must first know who and what you are, not what "They" want you to think.

How many of you honestly believe the world is running just the way it should? Ask 100 people that question and I,m sure you would get 99 to say, it sucks.

Look at the world in general, is it a great place to live in, or is it like Alex Jones depicts it, a "Prison Planet".

The next question is, who really runs the planet? I don't mean the kings, queens, presidents, prime ministers. I mean, who owns these puppets? Who owns the builderburgs, the skull bones, freemasonry. Who owns the banks?

If you were an alien, and you wanted to take over cheaply and with least amount of effort, who would you employ your mind control and genetic techniques to, the prince, or the pulper? Would you give these people a choice, or a trick?

I wouldn't be too concerned about where they got the genetic materials, I would be more concerned where the modified eggs were placed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Usually they go for insane, lonely, alcoholic or delusional people

That way nobody will believe their story

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just in case I'm going to get a T-Shirt made and wear it all over that says "I'm fun to poke".
I hope it works.
Though I hear the downside can be pretty grim I really would love to be abducted...

I'll be keeping a very close eye on the prerequisites to being abducted.

peace

edit =

[edit on 1-3-2009 by silo13]

Well if your a girl walking around with a shirt on that says thay you will get a lot of attention, and not just from the aliens, and if your a guy well, you will still get the attention but it could go good or bad, lol.

I too wonder what it woud be like to be abducted. It would be nice if they would take me and tell me some things humans don't know yet. It would b nice to be the first to do something.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Usually they go for insane, lonely, alcoholic or delusional people

That way nobody will believe their story
Your speaking about my X mother in law, SIR!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

It seems a lot of red neck fellows get to go, but why.

If they are so smart and so much more powerful than us why play these games? Why not take the best of the best for studies? Why not just say hey we are going to be checking you all out now line up? Don't they have the ability to round us all up?

I am sorry bcroper, but I perceive negativity in your words. I am not attacking you, but if you are capable to observe yourself for a second and read your own words from someone else's position, you most likely find yourself coming to the conclusion that you are a victim of your own limitational thinking.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
To answer this, you need a key. A data base, of all the abductees. In this data base would contain the place, date, and time of each event. You would have the race, ethnicity and country of origin. You would also have any religious affiliation. All the statistics. That would answer the first question.

That cannot and will not happen, so is rather moot to think about.

Number 2. You don't know that important, influential people have not been "Abducted". The probabilities are greater, that they have, been abducted.

Not sure how this relates, but there is no evidence to suggest notoriety is related or unrelated to abduction, especially since much happens when young even as children, and most people don't become famous or powerful until adulthood.

Number 3. Why play games? Why hide in the shadows and "Steal" that which does not belong to them. That is the hard one.

I've only an opinion, everybody's got one, worth what you pay for it probably, but stemming from a variety of experience.

1. I think there is some degree of 'interdimensional' going on here.

2. I think the mass belief systems of humanity may literally have some obscure physics thing to do with what frequencies are perceived as a normal part of 'reality' for our species.

3. I think the more we en masse 'believe' in them, the greater a role they are able to employ here (via #2 above), and they want that.

4. I believe they lack legal permission in their own framework for contacting us openly at all let alone en masse. So they have to stay under the radar officially. Additionally, I believe different small groups of them have agreements or relationships (sometimes for worse as well as better) with different governments of the world, which for the moment at least, preclude open or trackable contact.

5. They choose for their official means of secrecy, some approach to memory that is surmountable or recoverable by some % of the population, but by innate means. So they can legally say they followed the steps to remain private but it's not their fault some tiny % remembers anyway. Even many who don't consciously remember obtain an inexplicable fascination with the subject borne of the repressed memory. Both of these contribute to a growing cultural archetype and feeds into #s 2-3 above.

6. I think the great majority of abduction happens in a state of bilocation. Most people aren't familiar with the term; it is the alleged state some saints have been in when seemingly present at more than one location at the same time. The human body is vibrating energy. Essentially it amounts to entrapping a portion of that energy technologically, which results in the body being manifest in more than one place at a time: left with minimal psyche on autopilot 'here' usually while sleeping, the rest beamed elsewhere for interaction. Most the population won't remember anything that happens in that state, our culture is so foreign to the whole concept nobody even talks of it--I've never seen this concept online for example though it's the primary awareness I had during my own experiences, but my 'awareness' was pretty well developed for other reasons just by coincidence.

Useful side-effect include: The people here won't understand how they can wake up suddenly un-pregnant or with implants when there is no evidence their body was not in bed through the night. And I feel that often when abductees have felt their mate was asleep and unnaturally oblivious to it all, that their mate was simply already bilocated.

As for motives, different identities that I perceive look different, seemed to have different activities and so I assume different motives. Unless those motives impact the relatively near future of humankind, it probably doesn't really matter. We are culturally geared to ignorance of the method, scorn of any 'serious' account, insufficient science to help us, and a whole branch of authority (psychiatry) that can chemically lobotomize any offbeat threats. With those things in place there isn't much we can do about it either way, so why fret.

My $0.02.

Best,
PJ

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I have not been abducted or anything but I just want to know why people are you know? I want to know why they do this.

i don't know if you're religious or not..
but if the "ressurection" at the end of revelations ( i think it is) that christians believe in.. isn't ENTIRELY symbolic of the resurrection of the god within.. and in a literal.. sense.. they die and ... they come back to life.. like
it actually DOES happen..

then there's going to have to be some level of actual scientific methodology behind the actual process..
i mean at SOME level or another.. that science would be comprehensible.. maybe not to mary the cashier or joe the plumber or whatever.. they see it as "miracles" ..etc..

but there remains the need for their actual DNA to be sampled.. in order to clone a new body to transport their consciousness into.. for them to live forever in in heaven ... or wherever..

possibly the greys are doing this sampling.

there was one abductee that i heard interviewed.. that asked the greys why do you do this? who else do you do this to??
and in response they said ..."everybody".

like.. only some people remember it.. and for the billions of us that don't.. their' memory-wiping tech really DOES work...

lil sumthin' to chew on.

-

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
From the looks of it they pick the most inbred looking, coupled with the amount of alcohol/psychedelic drugs consumed.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think they will pick the ones who are normal.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They call you on the phone and hang up then they call again and hang up. They keep doing that about 20 times, and if your stupid enough to pick it up every time and say hello they will come visit you that night. Because they know you will be so dead tired from all of that running you wont fight back.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I thought aliens abducted people based on their posts at ATS...

...could be wrong though.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

If you heard the way I talk you wouldn't think I was slamming the red neck folk. I grew up in the appilacians in souther Tennesse but on reading I can see where you got that I was slamming abducties and I am sorry for that.

What I was meaning was why not take the super uber over achievers. Wouldn't that make better study material. That is what I would do. I wonder what makes some people stand out so while others are just part of the rat race.

Genetics maybe. Could they carry the next gene adaptaion, chance, birth situation, who knows maybe it is a combo of he all these but I would think they would at least want a few stand outs when most of what they are grabing is run of the mill people from rural areas.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

most of what they are grabing is run of the mill people from rural areas.

I really don't think this is the case. Nearly all my "encounter" experiences happened in the middle of a city and nearly everybody I know that I've known well enough to have serious discussions with about it, and believe them, had their experiences in the middle of cities.

I believe I know where this idea that it's only rare backwoods people involved comes from though. It's a sort of media bias I have seen repeatedly on the subject. There'll be something on TV and the people "against" the subject are like, someone (say persinger) with a string of official letters after their name. The primary "believer" featured will be like, some kinda loony guy who lives in the middle of nowhere, is minister to a congregation of one, and has a shrine to aliens or something. I mean it's so ridiculous, since many of the people I've met or observed supporting alien-type experiences are so credible they could convict a nun in a court of law -- but you never see those people in the media, or seldom. You see the wingnuts and moonbats (they are jesus, and he is an alien too! They have guns in the basement, and tinfoil! -- you get the idea).

Anyway, I'm saying I think your perception is a bias, based on media bias, and probably if you look more deeply into the subject, I don't think it represents reality.

PJ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join