It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Will Buy Your Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Anyone with a gun can bring it to Reunion Arena on Saturday from 9 a.m. -- noon and exchange it for a $50 gift card from Kroger.....

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sounds like desparity to me. I wouldn't have expected this from Texas. Has anyone heard of this type of thing happening elsewhere?

Full Article

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I think Texans will know better than to fall for this one. I don't know about Dallas, but here in San Antonio, we will hold onto our last bullet like the Alamo.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I do not have a problem with these so called "buy back" programs simply because what they are getting is junk or stolen firearms.

Nobody would take $50 for a firearm they can easily get $100 or more from a pawnshop or broker UNLESS they are broken, unusable, or STOLEN / hot.

These programs are for getting sh it guns off the street, mostly from junkies and thugs... or for those to damned dumb to know the value of a firearm and that usually means someone who shouldn't own one anyway.

I see this as a way to get some illegal junk off the street at least. I do not see this as any threat to our2nd amendment rights.

Worry when you see the price go to 1k... then you will see a danger.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I saw this earlier on the news... we all kinda laughed...

$50 for a gun? Like infolurker said above, if its a legal gun you can get more than that at a pawnshop for it.

Heck even if its stolen you can sell it to some idiot/criminal for more than that.

The way I see it the only guns they'll get are ones with blood on them i.e ones used in crimes. Which is cool with me.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
lol cheapest gun in Colombia is like 1000 USD and it's crappy :p
50 bucks? they gotta be kidding

new topics

top topics

join