It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over-Unity Power Generation/Amplifier is REAL and currently being shopped around in Ontario CANADA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Dragons Den.

Personally, I had just heard about this show, and decided to look up a few episodes of it. The first episode I saw had quite the interesting clip on it, which really got me thinking, and hoping for it to be a valid discovery.

Dragons' Den is a venture-capitalist television programme that originated in Japan where the format is owned by Sony. The format, which now airs internationally, consists of entrepreneurs pitching their ideas in order to secure investment finance from business experts — the "Dragons".

Source: en.wikipedia.org...
(In case you hadn't heard of this show, or another version of it yet, as I hadn't)

I've tried to search around for more on the feature of this episode (Richard Willis, Inventor of Over Unity Generator/Amplifier), and whether his designs actually have been proven, but to no avail so far. From the way he explains his designs, to me, this seems like quite a possible genuine design for Over-Unity Power Amplification/Generation. Over the years, I've looked in to quite a few of the people pushing their bull ish projects around, but until now, I haven't personally seen, or had a method of this type of power gen. explained to me which seemed more feasible than this one.

This man seems quite bright, and his shirt alone is the perfect choice to promote this kind of discovery on television, and pretty funny, to boot. I know that since the 30's and even before, whenever someone has applied for a patent for a 'free-energy' model, the patent has seemed to be turned immediately to classified, and the inventor/discoverer threatened or worse.

If this guy is the real deal, I'm really hoping this one see's the light of day, and I'm hoping enough people realize that Over-Unity Generators are quite possible, and have been for quite some time.

What do you think of this ATS? After watching the clip, do you agree or disagree that this indeed seems like it has a good possibility of being the real deal?

Either way, thought it was a pretty cool little clip here.

**Edit**

After searching his company name (missed it the first time watching the clip) on Good ol Google, I've turned up his companies website, so if you're interested, here ya go!

www.magnacoaster.com...

have fun ATS'ers!

J

[edit on 26-2-2009 by jephers0n]

[edit on 26-2-2009 by jephers0n]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hi, jephers0n.

Hooooo my ! That kind of energy is our last hope !

If we don't gradualy and rather quickely transfer our
energy sources from CO2-producing-machines to zero-emission
machines, we know (or not) where we are going, right ?

If HE is not the real deal, then someone there will be:
www.theorionproject.org...
Wich is a child of:
www.disclosureproject.org...

Blue skies.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hi C-Jean!

Thanks for the reply! I've seen disclosureproject.org, and I'm still on the mailing list for orion project. In honesty I haven't actually checked back to orion project lately, I'll have to check my mail, and their site again. Hopefully they've got some nice updates since last time I was around there!

This guy's idea to build his power plants in Ontario would be great. Especially if they were to tie it in with the proposed Wind Turbine Field (out in lake ontario). I mean, the one wind turbine we have in Toronto, from what I've heard isn't running anywhere near the capacity they had it designed for... But to hook it up to this single generator... well, the math is staggering. If he can hook up a 12v battery to this generator, and operate at 2600% OVER UNITY ... just imagine hooking up a few of these to a solar field...

J

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As well, just found another video talking about the progression of this...

I'm thinking this one might be doing it first!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm going to have to reserve judgment until I have more information. Perhaps a design I can re-produce on my end.

While I want to ignore this, as I should with every other over-unity claim out there, in order not to be ignorant, I have to at least see his theory.

Like all other over-unity claim videos out there, clamping leads from an oscilloscope onto a battery charger tells me nothing... heck, you can have all the meters you want hooked up... but with the device always sitting on a messy shelf where power sources can come from anywhere, or hooked up to a battery with unknown prior charge, or half of it sitting in a box with undetermined contents... (you get the idea), I can't really know whats going on.

If someone ever does actually break over-unity (unlikely), they had better place the darn thing on a clean floor with no wires leading away, and nothing hidden. Otherwise most people will pre-judge them before testing it themselves.

First thing I always think to myself every time one of these claims is put on video is "What are they purposely hiding off camera?"
It usually winds up being a power cord, or in the case of generators, a motor attached to the axle. Sometimes they get sneaky and stick a battery in a box and claim the "special component" is in that box.

So, essentially, I await a schematic, a theory, or a proper demonstration.

(No, a video with him saying "I clamped on an oscilloscope, see look, wavy lines" is not a proper demonstration.)

Basically, I'm not going to get my hopes up, but to be fair, I have to give him a chance.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What it sounds like is that he is taking a battery, and running it through a transformer of some kind and boosting the output. Which we do all time believe it or not.

The power lines those big boxes every so often are transformers that boost the power running along the power lines so they can run power lines over quiet a distance.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
What it sounds like is that he is taking a battery, and running it through a transformer of some kind and boosting the output. Which we do all time believe it or not.

The power lines those big boxes every so often are transformers that boost the power running along the power lines so they can run power lines over quiet a distance.

That's what he reminded me of at first as well.

Transformers either step up voltage, or step it down, depending on needs. However it comes at a cost, Current (Amperage).

Calling it "boosting" might be misleading for members who don't understand electrical theory. It's merely converted.

Increasing Voltage means you will have less available Current to draw from.

Like gear ratios. (Analogy) The lower the gear the higher the torque... but it comes at a cost... your maximum RPM is dropped down to compensate.

Basically, we use transformers on the power grid because high voltage - low amperage can traverse long distances better. At the receiving end, just before distribution, it's converted back to a lower voltage, higher amperage.

However, in his video he claims both Voltage AND Current are increased. (Along with frequency).
So the idea that he's simply mistaken a step-up transformer for over-unity is out.

But from his very brief description of it, he definitely sounded like he just described a transformer wound around a magnetized core (which eventually happens naturally with iron core transformers).

We're definitely going to have to wait till he releases a full explanation.

For now, my theory is that he's broken up the AC waveform into high amplitude short wavelength spikes. Same energy, different waveform.

In which case you would have to compensate for it in your calculations... and would be theoretically possible to mistake for an increase in energy.

It would increase the peak to peak voltage and frequency... but in practicality it would come at a cost of current. But I can imagine a novice to calculating energy might miscalculate it and think he's getting more current out... but then again... a simple Ammeter could tell you otherwise.

For a more generalized understanding of this, look up rapid pulsed DC. It's a trick often used to make LED's and Wireless signals seem to be stronger without using more energy.
Works wonders for IR transmission.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

True, but the thing that gets me is that if he was really in talks with GE for 100,000 million dollars they would have made him sign a non-disclosure agreement, or they wouldn't have even talked to him.

So that part is sketchy too. I'm sure this isn't the first time GE has been offered a over-unity device. Not to mention GE has stakes in the power generation arena also.

As much as I would like this to be true I think this is just another false hope.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yes, the people supposedly interested in this certainly aren't novices to such claims.

Is GE really interested though? Have we heard word from GE themselves?
There is a possibility he's lying.

I'm not claiming he is, but the possibility exists.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

That it does, it just strikes me as odd that, if true, GE is going to offer him 100 million and not have him sign a non-disclosure agreement. That is the first thing I would have him do if we entered into 'talks'.

It just doesn't make sense. Although the guy that offered him a deal based on the fact that it does do what it says it does, he could walk away an ever richer man.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Every other person that's claimed to have an over unity device has either been lying or is sadly mistaken. This is the new snake oil salesman market. If we're going to be stealing free energy from somewhere, then it has to be from another dimension or something. E=MC2 rules supreme ATM I'm afraid.

IRM

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Every other person that's claimed to have an over unity device has either been lying or is sadly mistaken.

That's precisely why we're remaining incredibly skeptical.

Unfortunately, in the interests of denying ignorance, we can't make a final judgment until it's proven or dis-proven.

Until then, all we can do is express our opinions.

Personally my opinion is it will be hogwash like all the other claims... but that's not my professional input.

If it isn't real, I think he mistakenly believes it is.
He's risking his entire credibility on this by publicizing himself.
He had better hope he's right... otherwise, he's professionally skewered.

By the way, where in Ontario Canada is he? I'm in the same province, if he's nearby I might just wind up going to see if I can have it proven first hand.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
this sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say. If it sounds too good to be true ... it probably is.

But hey, I know bugger-all about electricks. It's all magic to me

Maybe this guy has figured out a more efficient way to get electricity out of those magnets, rather than just spinning a magnet around a coil to extract electricity as in a conventional generator.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
this sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say. If it sounds too good to be true ... it probably is.

But hey, I know bugger-all about electricks. It's all magic to me

Maybe this guy has figured out a more efficient way to get electricity out of those magnets, rather than just spinning a magnet around a coil to extract electricity as in a conventional generator.

Yes, that's how it seems to me. After checking through, I have a slight theory as to how he may have done it. Being an acoustician, some of my own work deals with harmonics. Now, from what I'm understanding, he's probably sending an electrical signal through a charged electromagnet, and perhaps directing the signal back on itself as a harmonic resonant. Harmonics are a very important thing to understand. Have you ever seen a symphony, LIVE? Noticed how the placement of different instruments in these symphonies are ALL set up in the same way? The reason is harmonics. A symphony isn't powered at all, except by the people on instruments, yet they can reach decibel levels above that of a nightclub club environment.

The change in frequency he describes, seems, IMHO, to show that he's generating harmonics of an initial current, and bouncing them back upon themselves, thereby adding two (or more) identical signals, creating almost a feedback loop. The only problem would be controlling these harmonics. Once a feedback loop is created, it can get out of hand very quickly

Just theorizing off the top of my head.

J

[edit on 28-2-2009 by jephers0n]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

Very interesting..

So this power amplifying device is in essence a resonant tuned circuit between the coils and magnets that has a similar effect to what you described with a symphony orchestra. Am I on the right track ?
Sorry for being a bit dense but it's 3:50am which is way past my bedtime

I'd be interested in RF Burns opinion on this, being our resident RF expert. I'm sure he'd know a thing or two about resonant freq induction circuits etc.

Very cool, S + F

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Yep, that's exactly the way I feel.
It would be a beautiful thing if its real.
But as yet all of the inventors of these fail to actually prove it.
And it is always of course blamed on the conspiracy of oil.
Yet they always get plenty of chances to prove it.
And never do.And always ask for money first.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Very interesting..

So this power amplifying device is in essence a resonant tuned circuit between the coils and magnets that has a similar effect to what you described with a symphony orchestra.

No, that's what user jephersOn is theorizing it is. I'm not saying he's going to turn out to be wrong.

Nobody here knows what it is, because they haven't explained their system yet. Like jephersOn, all we can do is theorize.

Me, my theory is he's screwed up his calculations, and thinks he's getting more current out.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Very interesting..

So this power amplifying device is in essence a resonant tuned circuit between the coils and magnets that has a similar effect to what you described with a symphony orchestra. Am I on the right track ?

Well, I was really trying to use the symphony as an example of how harmonics affect sound waves. Most everything I've said here (unless quoted in the OP) has been simple theorizing about how this machine could possibly work, based on the limited amount of information I could find about it, not how the machine actually works, as, well, it hasn't been released with a full schematic. No one except him knows how it actually works, right now, provided that he truly has discovered a way to achieve 2600% Over Unity.

Originally posted by johnsky
Me, my theory is he's screwed up his calculations, and thinks he's getting more current out.

In most cases on the subject, I would be with you on that note. However, it wasn't in actuality his calculations he's going on alone, in the case of the show, at least. More-so, as he's said, he got the measurement of current output from University of Waterloo faculty, among other aparent sources (I'm trying to look into who a few of these sources may be currently). On the show, he claims to have tested (on the first testing at Waterloo) the machine, and their readings showed that it was running at 2600% over-unity. I'm still searching for more info on either him, or the machine... So expect me to post some more follow ups here later on!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by jephers0n]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

And we look forward to those updates.

As it stands right now, he hasn't left us with a whole lot to go on.
As I mentioned before, does anyone know where in Ontario he's based?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen...
And never do.And always ask for money first.

Hey, I resemble that comment! Show me a way to support three girls and a stay-at-home mom and I'll bend over the bench 20 hours a day!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join