It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13,000-year-old tools unearthed at Colorado home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

13,000-year-old tools unearthed at Colorado home

news.yahoo.com

DENVER – Landscapers were digging a hole for a fish pond in the front yard of a Boulder home last May when they heard a "chink" that didn't sound right. Just some lost tools. Some 13,000-year-old lost tools. They had stumbled onto a cache of more than 83 ancient tools buried by the Clovis people — ice age hunter-gatherers who remain a puzzle to anthropologists.

The home's owner, Patrick Mahaffy, thought they were only a century or two old before contacting researchers at the University of Colorado-Boulder.

"My jaw just dropped," said CU anthropologist Douglas Bamforth, who is leading a study of the find. "Boulder is a densely populated area. And in the midst of all that to find this cache."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
As a elementary school student I was told that there were no horses in the Americas prior to the arrival of the Spanish; I then read this article as an adult.

I once repeated that lie and now I feel that everything I was ever taught is suspect. I don't even know whether to believe this article or not.

I am specifically refering to the part where "blood and protein samples" found that the Clovis were butchering both Camels and Horses in Colorado 13,000 years ago.

I wonder what other interesting lies remain to be uncovered?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow, those are large stone tools.
I'd love to discover something like this while simply doing a little landscaping.

On the Horses, I was taught that they were re-introduced by the Spaniards.
and that the original populations had been affected by climate changes, and/or Human intervention. This was a couple of decades ago, when I was in school.
Are they teaching now that horses were strictly a man-made introduction?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

In elementary school, I remember being told that the only horses in the Western Hemisphere were brought by the Spanish. I wasn't known for paying attention back then, so your use of re-introduced is possibly what the teacher stated.

But I was also once told that evolution no longer occurs and that South America and Africa never formed a single land mass. I was educated in the Southern Illinois, perhaps that has something to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join