It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "Mystery Babylon" ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This concept confuses me. Any ideas?

I've just started to make my way through the following:

www.biblenews1.com...

MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT

After the Flood the city state of Babylon became the center of Satan's great attack on human history. After the destruction of the Tower of Babel, Babylon remained in hidden mystery form in Satan's Cosmic System. The world counterattack of Mystery Babylon continued through the ages. The power of the great evil in the world today is defined through the symbolism of the Evil King and the Prostitute of Babylon in Revelation.

I still find the topic quite confusing in general, however.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hiya silent.

I hadn't even heard of Mystery Babylon until I downloaded the (mostly) complete set of Bill Cooper's Hour of the Time radio broadcast.

It is somewhat dated (mid 90's I think) but in each episode he expands on the whole Mystery babylon religion,who practices it,and what it means for us.

I doubt we're allowed to post torrents,but if you google "Hour of the Time" torrent you'll probably find it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Read the Bible Closely.

Babylon the Great is America and she will ultimately be destroyed.

Mystery Babylon is the catholic religious sytem.

It is not that hard to figure out.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

Great!
Thanks for the reccomendation; will look for it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Sure thing.

if you have any trouble finding it,let me know and I can see if I can dig it up for ya.

That radio show is something that everyone here should listen to...I was blown away by it.The information is so vast and well presented that it feels like you are literally sitting in a class on Secret Societies for an hour.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There will be many differing opinions on this..this is only one;

In ancient times there was what the bible calls mystery religions. these were mostly feminine based such as worship of Isis, Diana, Venus, Queen of Heaven, Queen Semeramis the wife of Nimrod, etc, etc...

What many of these religions had in common was access to heaven thru interaction with sacred prostitutes. At that time prostitution within the church was a holy act, not for sex but to become closer to God. The path to heaven and god was through Woman. Some of the early churches were built to resemble female biology to reinforce this belief. This was not prostitution as today, it was sacred and deeply spiritual act.

Over time the battle for control of religions heated and became wars between nations. Since male dominated religions tend to be more violent the outcome was a matter of time.

The victors removed women as conduit to heaven and god. Women were relegated to servient positions within church and society in general. The path to heaven and god were no longer Women but through sacrafice of animal and people. This culminated with the crucifiction of Christ.

The male dominated religions won these wars and established the present system of religious beliefs centered on access to heaven thru the male godhead. The writings of their religions will obviously paint the vanquished ( the mystery religions) in as bad a light as possible to keep them subjugated and from rising again.
These events took place over thousands of years, from over 12,000 years before Christian religion until today. The battle continues in this day between Islam and Christianity, which are really cousins since they are the result of the children of Abraham; Ishmael and Isaac. From one sprang the Islamic religion, from the other Christian.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Through my searching, I believe that the USA is Mystery Babylon

Sad but true

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DocGonzo

Cool, Thanks man.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Babylon is the Matrix (= the watery "womb") quite literally. That is, she is an analogue to the Great Mother of the Phrygian Mysteries; the infernal Hathor.

I want to quote what another poster said in a similar thread, as it's a great interpretation:

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy

While it's true that Revelations deals with issues of separation and union, it's not about good vs. evil and it's not about any exoteric spiritual authority, and Babylon the Great is certainly not the Pope or the Vatican. Rather, it's about spirit vs. matter, and the triumph of spirit over the "beast" of matter.

IMO, Babylon the Great is Sophia Achamoth, the fallen and corrupted aspect of Sophia who, after her fall, became a prostitute (mother of harlots) and created the abominable demiurge (mother of abominations of the earth). "Mystery" stamped on her forehead only indicates a revelation, a revealing of hidden wisdom. The beast upon which she sits is the animal nature we all must conquer - specifically in the form of the body, hence her robes of purple (royalty) and scarlet (blood, life), symbolic of the crown and root chakras, or the sephiroth Kether (The Crown) and Malkuth (The Kingdom). The beast having "seven heads" and "ten horns" reinforces this, as it is symbolic of the Kabbalistic tree of life with its seven levels of ten sephiroth. Searching for exoteric whores and brides will leave you forever searching. The second coming and new Jerusalem aren't going to occur out there.

Lilith (Achamoth) and Samael (the Demiurge) are the Qlipothic inverse of God, or the "Beast." Sophia Achamoth, the fallen aspect of the World-soul, was often referred to as a "whore"--that is, "Prunikos" ("prurient").

She is also what Paul in Galatians 4 called the "Jerusalem which now is," a place of bondage, which he explicitly identifies with a mother:

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The "Jerusalem Above" corresponds with the Incorruptible Sophia, the "mother" of the fallen Achamoth.

Babylon is the Mystery.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

If you haven't noticed, there are many different opinions on this subject and no real understanding from biblical scripture. Reading about mystery babylon in the book of Revelation shows a vision in which John describes a harlot woman (prostitute)riding a scarlet beast (babylon the great) and the name of the woman is MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE QUEEN OF HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINATION OF THE WORLD.... or something like that. Later an angel describes who these images represent. By referencing the angel's description and historic events you find that Mystery Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church and the Scarlet Beast is the Roman Empire. The modern version of this is the Roman Catholic Church and the European Union (modern Roman Empire and 7th revival of it). A little research shows this. America is not Babylon the Great. Our demise is coming soon and we will be a weak contender for world power while the EU will come in and take over as world powers. Research and see for yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
A little research shows this. America is not Babylon the Great. Our demise is coming soon and we will be a weak contender for world power while the EU will come in and take over as world powers. Research and see for yourself.

I will admit that I have not looked at this stuff for ages. Could you point me in the right direction?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Visit this site and read everything in this online booklet. Reference your bible with it. You can download this book in .pdf format, read from the internet or order a copy to be mailed out to you. This website will also provide many other research topics to consider. This site will change your life and view on christianity but not in a bad way. Use the resources and apply them to everyday life. Reference these things. Don't just take their word on the facts. After the research you will find no real fault with what is being presented. I hope this helps you.

www.ucg.org/revelation

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is from The Apocalypse Unsealed: Being an Esoteric Interpretation of the Initiation of Iôannês ('Apokalypsis 'Iōánnou) Commonly Called the Revelation of St. John, with a New Translation By James Morgan Pryse:

The two "Women" of the Apocalypse are both "Goddesses," in the pagan sense, precisely as the "Angels" are the lesser Gods of the pagan pantheon; and, whether Christian or pagan, all these Gods and Goddesses are the personified powers and principles of the macrocosm and the microcosm. Babylon, as the "mighty city," is the human body; and as the fallen Woman she is a Goddess, the Magna Mater of the temple prostitutes in the Mystery-cult of Rhea, or Astarte.

Babylon, the human body, is a Mystery, truly. The anatomists, physiologists, surgeons and physicians, who have studied this Mystery even on a strictly empirical and materialistic basis, have gained more knowledge of the divine Life manifested in the material world, and have conferred vastly greater benefits on the human race, than have all the exoteric religionists who have wasted their lives in formulating fantastic theologies and in coercing their fellow-men into the worship of that figment of the unenlightened mind—the personal God. But Babylon represents more than the physical body considered as a mere form composed of various tissues, a congeries of functional organs: it symbolizes also the broad principle of generation, of life confined to a physical basis. According to the arcane science, which loannes has outlined in allegorical language, forces are subtile elements, and the material elements are forces that have grown inert; and all the forces and elements have their origin in the celestial ether, the Archê, or "first principle." The Sun-clothed Virgin of the Sky, who gives birth to the man-child, by the gestation of the solar body of the Conqueror, is the pure ether, the primordial force-substance; but in the spheres of animal-human generation, where that ether has become differentiated into the gross material elements, she is the unchaste female, the mother of all that is abominable. As an external form, a marvellous organism evolved by the soul for its own divine purposes, the body is the adytum of the God; but the elements composing it have become foul during the long ages of material evolution, so that the soul is ever being tainted and instigated to evil by the impure emanations and vicious impulses which have become inherent in the physical organism. It is thus a Mystery at once divine and infernal, at which the seer represents himself as gazing in wonder.

As a Goddess, the infernal Aphrodite, the depraved Virgo symbolizes the anima bruta, or lower world-soul, which is saturated with sexuality. In this role she holds a cup, which is the adjacent constellation Crater, the Mixing-bowl fabled to have belonged to lacchos, the God of orgiastic revelry.

There is is an early Christian (and not, strictly speaking, "Gnostic") text, Exegesis on the Soul, that portrays the soul as being a "prostitute" in the world--until "the womb of the soul, by the will of the father, turns itself inward, it is baptized and is immediately cleansed of the external pollution which was pressed upon it...."

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Interesting concept. Mystery Babylon being the Roman Catholic church fits with your discription because the catholic church adopted many pagan traditions and beliefs and twisted them to have christian meanings. Easter was a pagan holiday celebrating the goddess of fertility and the rising of the sun god or rebirth of the sun god. It was the first sunday after the first full moon of spring... a date that is still used to determine easter sunday. The truth.... Jesus died on Passover and resurrected 3 day and 3 nights later on a sabbath.... and was found missing on sunday. Christmas is a melee of pagan holidays put into one clusterfrick of a christian holiday to supposedly honor the birth of Christ. Originally celebrated as the day the Sun God was born. Sun God in catholic rhetoric means "Son of God" in order to put christian credentials to this pagan day of celebration. Paganism is the mystery babylonian religion from the ancient times but the catholics brought it into christianity creating a modern-day mystery babylonian religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's my understanding that we do not yet know the exact identity of Mystery Babylon. It's similar to the significance behind '666.' In other words, we can speculate but it's one of those things we'll know once we see it and once the time comes.

The only thing we can really know for sure at this point is that it is some sort of false system. It appears this will be directly related to the future Antichrist's and false prophet's government and religious system, whatever that may be. Time will tell.

We believe there will be an Antichrist, false prophet, false religion, corrupt government, etc. We just won't know the exact specifics of what/who they will be until the time comes and there will be no doubt.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
This concept confuses me. Any ideas?

I've just started to make my way through the following:

www.biblenews1.com...

MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT

After the Flood the city state of Babylon became the center of Satan's great attack on human history. After the destruction of the Tower of Babel, Babylon remained in hidden mystery form in Satan's Cosmic System. The world counterattack of Mystery Babylon continued through the ages. The power of the great evil in the world today is defined through the symbolism of the Evil King and the Prostitute of Babylon in Revelation.

I still find the topic quite confusing in general, however.

Funny it confuses you, that is what it means. "Confusion".

Mystery "Confusion".

No city is a mystery, i mean sure there might be hidden places in the city, but no more mysterious then your organs being internal.

"Confusion" or "delusion" and even "deluge" overwhelm the people right now. This is even the sleep put over adam (mankind) while the spirit is being formed, then it will be introduced to him.

It is as if, a painful surgery is being performed, and all this confusion serves as an anesthetic to knock us out for the "C-section" being done to mankind.

Anyway, when Babylon falls, you will know it, if even just you.

Peace

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Just remember that Jesus and Paul spoke of being awake and sober when the signs are around. For those who are drunk and asleep, the Lord will come as a "Theif in the Night" catching these people by surprise. Just because it's not 100% identified, doesn't mean you should stop looking around for the signs of the times.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i tend to agree with the belief that the Babylonian mystery was the city's religion.

in fact alot of the doctrine that was passed from priest to priest during that time was literally called ¨the mystery¨ and was not shared with the layman class.

im quoting this from another thread as to the identity of babylon the great and why it cant be america

-------------------------------------

¨regarding the identity of the harlot... you must first understand babylon in order to understand why the comparison is being made

¨the two babylons¨ by rev hislop is a very interesting read on this topic

you can read a digital copy here - www.biblebelievers.com...

basically he compares teachings in the church and how closely these elements that are not in the bible seem to be linked with ancient babylon.

this babylon the great is greater than the RCC.

ancient babylon was built in open defiance to god. nimrod wasnt building a city and starting his own religion out of ignorance. he would have known about the flood and god´s prophecy about a coming seed. he would have understood mankinds need for a ransom, but much like the rest of the world he wouldnt have known exactly how that was going to play out. he (and others) wanted to make a name for themselves. they didnt want to need a savior.

when you examine the ¨mysteries¨ of ancient babylon, or its religion, you see how nimrod (or those close to him, possible even by inspiration of the demons) took some element of truth and then twisted it. instead of awaiting a saviour, nimrod became the saviour. instead of god being 1 god, he became 3 in the form of a godhead. instead of preaching the truth freely, the religion became a ¨mystery¨ held by only the few, the priesthood (beginning of gnostic thinking)

when god stepped in and threw them into confusion, what happened? they scattered right? why wouldnt they take these beliefs with them?

its interesting to note that nearly every civilization that exists today has a folklore tale of a flood that wiped away evil. in all the examples elements change wildly, but they still have similarities. ( home.earthlink.net... ) this also shows that cultures and languages did infact spread with the scattering. its probable and very possible they brought babylonian teaching with them. of course it would change over time, but certain similarities would be evident even with the passing of time.

another interesting thing to note is that sometimes people look at this evidence the other way. they try to say jesus was inspired by these mythologies. but if nimrod knew about the need for a seed, then likely it would have been included.

what is scary is how everything came full circle. babylon was scattered and its teaching diluted and changed. but the last of the apostles die off and a great apostasy sets in and the corruptions that were introduced are extremely close to the original babylonian. if you look at the 2 babylons, hislop points out that virgin worship today is almost identical to the way is was in babylon. its almost as if satan is signing his signature so that we know it was his idea.

my point is that all ¨false¨ religion started with the rebellion in babylon. it was at that point that people decided that they wanted to believe something else. i think its fitting that false religion would be named ¨babylon the great¨. again, this is not only the RCC, but any and all religions that embrace a lie.

does this fit the bible account?

¨great whore that sitteth upon many waters¨ - ancient babylon eventually became indestructible, not only did it have double walls, but it was protected by rivers. this made assaults on the city nearly impossible. verse 15 of chapter 17 says that the waters are people. people supply an amount of protection for false religion in that they support it with money and even loyalty. an attack on false religion by any element of this world would likely end in failure due to this support. verse 16 talks about an attack by the ten horns (ill get into that later). so obviously something happens to these waters. in ancient babylon, the waters were diverted by cyrus and dried up. it is likely that a similar thing will happen to babylon the great. Religion will lose the protection and support of her people (we are beginning to see that today)

¨With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication¨ - Isreal was sometimes called a whore for building alliances with nations that god told them not to (ezekial 16:26,29). even gomer, habakkuk´s unfaithful wife, was used as an example of how god would forgive the fornication of isreal and would allow them to return to him. false religion has committed fornication with the kings of the earth by getting involved in their affairs. the RCC is most known for this, however all false religion is guilty of this.

¨I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast¨ - do people sit on wild animals? no, you sit on animals you have tamed. so while this beast is is ¨wild¨, babylon the great is confident that she has tamed it. enough is her confidence that she even rides it. if the beast is the governments of the world (ill explain why later) then false religion is too confident. not only do they commit fornication (mettle in government affairs) but they also think they have a measure of control, even though they dont.

¨the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:¨ - false religion lives in shameless luxury. again not only the RCC

¨And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.¨ - several things about this verse. first you have the word ¨mystery¨ which is a direct reference to the babylonian ¨mystery¨ or religion. mother of the harlots, not all religions today are like babylonian beliefs, but all have ties to it, so while they may be harlots themselves, babylon is there ¨mother¨ or from where they got their basic beliefs from. abomination can also be a reference to idol worship which seems to be a corner stone in false worship.

¨I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints¨ - false religion has one purpose and one purpose only. to lead mankind away from god. from the false baal worship the isrealites did, to the church, they have killed and persecuted those who worship in truth. even the jewish leaders of his time called for the death of jesus and his apostles. from jezabel killing the true prophets of god to the church killing those who were trying to translate the bible into the common tongue. the bloodguilt of false religion is so much that she is drunk from it.

"And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth;¨ - its really interesting that alot of these services and things are found in temples and churches. there is always musician and sculptures and candles and weddings. but the angel here is saying no more.

¨for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.¨ - this is a key to understanding too who this is. magic is something that is forbidden by god, why? well for one it was a false form of worship. if you are asking spirit for help with something and that spirit is not god, then who are you asking? babylon teaching relied on lies and false beliefs. the world is saturated with dissenting beliefs, all designed to pul people away from god. the blood of these people who are deceived is on the hands of babylon the great. she perpetuated and coerced the world to follow her. this is why god deals with her so badly.

lets say im wrong, lets say babylon is not false religion. there are some reasons i think its defiantly NOT america.

for one, america is a political entity. political entities are usually described as wild beasts. daniel uses very similar language to revelations in describing beasts who come out of the sea. daniel clearly explains that these beasts are political nations. IF america is mentioned in revelation, it is more likely to be the beast the whore is riding on than the whore.

second. the harlot deceived with spiritistic practices. yes american government is known for lying but not with ¨spiritistic¨ ways.

third. the harlot commits fornication with the kings of the earth. even though there is nothing to say that the whore isnt a ¨king¨ (or queen if you will) the context implies an organization outside the category of ¨kings¨. not rock solid, but its hard to make it fit another way.¨

[edit on 27-2-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
another thing. in hislop´s book, he specifically points the finger at the Roman Catholic Church. even though he makes mention of other religions in his seemingly exhaustive study, he fails to make the connection.

however i do not think that it is a coincidence that the RCC has such strong similarities with the description of the harlot.

while i feel that the harlot is ALL of false religion, it wouldnt surprise me if the church is a principle part of that harlot.

my reasons for this belief is because their sin would be greater. they claim to be representing jesus himself operating against divinely inspired scripture. by knowingly misleading those sheep, it can be said they are sinning against holy spirit.

it wouldnt surprise me if a principle part of the harlots plagues is dealt to the church itself

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy
The victors removed women as conduit to heaven and god. Women were relegated to servient positions within church and society in general. The path to heaven and god were no longer Women but through sacrafice of animal and people. This culminated with the crucifiction of Christ.

The male dominated religions won these wars and established the present system of religious beliefs centered on access to heaven thru the male godhead. The writings of their religions will obviously paint the vanquished ( the mystery religions) in as bad a light as possible to keep them subjugated and from rising again.
These events took place over thousands of years, from over 12,000 years before Christian religion until today. The battle continues in this day between Islam and Christianity, which are really cousins since they are the result of the children of Abraham; Ishmael and Isaac. From one sprang the Islamic religion, from the other Christian.

Having studied on this subject for years, this is also my take. The males took over the religious aspects and established "Temples," or "Churches" over all the sacred sites, and made the Deities into one, male Deity, so the males then had control of the "pipeline to God."
I think Goddess worship is quickly coming back to the world, and the Christian God is no where to be seen. Look at your history of religions, and this will be easy to see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join